"I am immensely happy about the victory coming after a period where I have been working really hard. Today I made the result which I have striven for in a long time. It is obviously a race that means a lot to me personally while it ranks high in the international hierarchy.It is perfect to start with a victory and I think that I and indeed the team are in for several big results in this course.”,said Fabian after the stage.He's also said that his goal for Le Tour is to win a stage.
Roman Kreuziger,last year winner of TdS,came in 2nd (19 seconds behind Cancellara).Third was Andreas Kloden.Frank Schleck came in 33rd,while Andy Schleck came in 48th.Here's a little stage classification:
Roman Kreuziger,last year winner of TdS,came in 2nd (19 seconds behind Cancellara).Third was Andreas Kloden.Frank Schleck came in 33rd,while Andy Schleck came in 48th.Here's a little stage classification:1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team Saxo Bank 9.21 (50.053 km/h)
2 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas 0.19
3 Andreas Klöden (Ger) Astana 0.22
4 George Hincapie (USA) Team Columbia - Highroad 0.24
5 Tony Martin (Ger) Team Columbia - Highroad 0.31
6 Kim Kirchen (Lux) Team Columbia - Highroad
7 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Team Columbia - Highroad 0.32
8 Heinrich Haussler (Ger) Cervélo TestTeam 0.34
9 Lars Boom (Ned) Rabobank 1
10 Rui Alberto Faria (Por) Caisse d'Epargne 0.35
11 Gustav Erik Larsson (Swe) Team Saxo Bank
14 Marcel Wyss (Swi) Cervélo TestTeam
18 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne
23 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Team Milram 0.42
33 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 0.46
48 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 0.49
72 Francis De Greef (Bel) Silence-Lotto 0.56
81 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Team Saxo Bank 0.59
87 Matti Breschel (Den) Team Saxo Bank 1.00
88 Kurt Asle Arvesen (Nor) Team Saxo Bank 1.00
108 Chris Anker Sörensen (Den) Team Saxo Bank 1.04
114 Christian Vandevelde (USA) Garmin - Slipstream 1.06
120 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team Columbia - Highroad
Dauphine Libéré: yesterday stage was won by David Moncoutié,who escaped from the breakaway group on the last climb.He attacked with 11 kms to go and managed to catch Mathias Frank,who was alone at the head of the race.They both were part of a breakaway which was formed by 27 men (on the last climb there were just 7 riders left,anyway).
Dauphine Libéré: yesterday stage was won by David Moncoutié,who escaped from the breakaway group on the last climb.He attacked with 11 kms to go and managed to catch Mathias Frank,who was alone at the head of the race.They both were part of a breakaway which was formed by 27 men (on the last climb there were just 7 riders left,anyway).
Gesink (who came in 2nd) and Fuglsang attacked as well in order to try and gain time on the other riders.The Dutch boy managed to cross the finish line some seconds before of the other GC riders,while the Sexy Bank's rider instead was finally caught by the leader group (which was formed by Evans,Valverde and Contador)."We believed in my chances to win the stage," he said after the stage "At the bottom of the last climb, I felt really, really good. On my first attack, only three riders followed me: Evans,Contador and Valverde.So I went again.In the last 500 meters,I blew.But I was not scared of blowing up. Others have the Tour de France in mind, not me."
Evans attacked several times on the last climb but couldn't leave the two Spaniards behind. Valverde still has the yellow jersey.
(phoo Sirotti)

I'm glad cancellara is back :D
RispondiEliminaYes,it's a great news.
RispondiEliminaI hope he'll be able to win at least one stage during the Tour,he'd really deserve it after all the troubles he had in the last few months.