When I had to decide a name for this blog,I decided to call it "My Blog" and not "My Schleckcentric Blog" or something like that because I said to myself: "and what if sometimes you'll want to write things also about other topics? What'll you do then?" Well,this is one of those posts who make me say thank to myself for deciding that.
Remember the self-therapy about which Andy wrote on his diary? Well,I need it just now.Because I keep on thinking about the same person.And that person is NOT a cyclist.I left a clue in the previous lines ("what'll you do now,my darling young one?") and I can also tell you that I went to his concert yesterday evening and that 24 hours ago I was in his same room,breathing his same air and we were singing the same words at the same time.
I'm talking about the guy who,in my not-so-important opinion,is the best songwriter of the last century.Still talking in my not-so-important opinion,I think that in pop music,in the last 50 years,there have been just 3 big names:Paul McCartney,John Lennon,and HE.
Remember the self-therapy about which Andy wrote on his diary? Well,I need it just now.Because I keep on thinking about the same person.And that person is NOT a cyclist.I left a clue in the previous lines ("what'll you do now,my darling young one?") and I can also tell you that I went to his concert yesterday evening and that 24 hours ago I was in his same room,breathing his same air and we were singing the same words at the same time.
I'm talking about the guy who,in my not-so-important opinion,is the best songwriter of the last century.Still talking in my not-so-important opinion,I think that in pop music,in the last 50 years,there have been just 3 big names:Paul McCartney,John Lennon,and HE.
Born in Minnesota in the year 1941.Great songwriter and poet.Have you finally guessed who's the guy I'm talking about? BOB DYLAN!!!!
Yes.He.I first saw a concert of him in 2006.At that time I didn't even know anything about the Schleck brothers...It seems like a million of years ago,but it was just in 2006.Time goes fast,doesn't it?
Btw,a month ago someone told me that Dylan was going to play in Milan and so I bought a ticket and went to the concert.The same place and the same people of 3 years ago.The same atmosphere.And then,at 9 o'clock,Bob Dylan appeared on the stage.
He played "Just Like A Woman" and that really made me melt down.I was there,singing happily one of my favourite songs.Just to tell you something,I listen to "Blonde on Blonde" everyday while I travel to school and I perfectly know where to start to listen to it and which songs to skip (sigh!) in order to arrive at school while listening to this song.Hearing Dylan singing live,in front of me, "'till she finally sees that she's like all the rest/with her fog,her amphetamine and her pearls" was one of the best moment of the evening.I don't know why,but I love those lines (and also the ones that come before them in the song).
He played "Just Like A Woman" and that really made me melt down.I was there,singing happily one of my favourite songs.Just to tell you something,I listen to "Blonde on Blonde" everyday while I travel to school and I perfectly know where to start to listen to it and which songs to skip (sigh!) in order to arrive at school while listening to this song.Hearing Dylan singing live,in front of me, "'till she finally sees that she's like all the rest/with her fog,her amphetamine and her pearls" was one of the best moment of the evening.I don't know why,but I love those lines (and also the ones that come before them in the song). And then he also played "Stuck Inside a Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again" (me was melting again), "Desolation Row" (!),"Ballad of A Thin Man" ("Because something is happening and you don't know what it is/do you,mister Jones?") and one of my favourite songs of his last album,"Thunder On The Mountain".
Then,"Like A Rolling Stone".The public (me included) went crazy.During the bis he also played "All Along the Watchtower" ("the wind begins to hooooowwwwllll!!!") and,in the end,"Blowin' In The Wind" (One of the greatest song ever).
Before of leaving the stage for the first time,he said something about his band as well,but I didn't understand anything :(
And then,during the bis,he started to dance.BOB DYLAN.DANCING.Waaa!!! He's usually very firm (?) on the stage,instead yesterday he spoke (!) and he danced (!!!)! A great evening.Definitely.
Unfortunately after 2 hours of good music,Dylan went away."It's all over now,baby blue",that's what I thought as soon as he left the stage.Great great great evening.
Anyway,if some of you are looking for cycling references inside this post,here's one:I travelled on a Volkswagen Passat.Very comfortable car,I must say :D
And then,here's a link to a French article about SB and Ardenne's classics.I can't figure out very well what it says because,as you all probably know (vero Ilaria?) I can't speak/write/understand French.Btw,that's the link: http://www.eurosport.fr/cyclisme/amstel-gold-race/2009/au-tour-des-schleck_sto1908474/story.shtml .
Oh,and I was forgetting (?):sir Lancelot will be at the start of the Giro d'Italia.And HGS wants to wear the first Maglia Rosa.It will be a nice Giro,won't it? ;)
NB: I'll probably keep on talking/thinking/writing lines from Bob Dylan's songs everywhere at least for a week.Anyway,I think I'll be ok for Sunday ;)
(Photo by William Claxton)

Dontcha ya mean ole Robert Zimmermann from Duhluth?
RispondiEliminaSorry.
As I actually LIVE in Minnesota I always hear about Bob Dylan this and that so I never expected to swing through here to read about HGS and him in one of your post...together!
That's cool,didn't know you live in Minnesota!
RispondiEliminaWell,let's say i'm not a very predictable girl...I added the HGS stuff just at the last moment,so I didn't put any alarm sign before of it.Sorry.
Anyway,you're pretty lucky to hear this and that about ole Robert Zimmerman from Duluth,here in Italy we hear this and that about guys like Marco Carta and Gigi D'Alessio...
I get to know more in regards to the craziness that is Prince too, but there is little else musical in Minnesota that is well known worldwide...
RispondiEliminaWell,Prince and BOB DYLAN (especially the second one) are well known everywhere,I think.
RispondiEliminaAt the moment I can't think of any Italian singer who is well known worldwide.Perhaps just Pavarotti and the song «Volaaareee...oh oh...cantare...oh oh oh oh...nel blu,dipinto di blu,felice di stare lassù» by Modugno.
At least we've got some good cyclists...Oh,and there was a terrible pic of shirtless HGS showing his new tattoo on today's Gazzetta! And there were no warnings at all!! Pozzato and sir Lancelot in the same page.And no safety goggles around.Shocking!!
ZOMG!!!
RispondiEliminaI'm almos speechless...