Well,finally I'm on holiday.And being on holiday during the Classics' period is a really nice thing.That's why yesterday,as soon as I came home (and after having eaten a good dish of pasta...) I placed myself in front of the television in order to watch Gand-Wevelgem.The big favourite of the race was Cavendish,but he was out of games after a few kms.In fact just 10 kms after the start of the race,a group formed by about 30 men gained advantadge on the other riders. In the front group there was also Fab Fab,who punctured and lost contact from the other 30 riders.He eventually arrived 85th,10 minutes after the winner.
During the second passage on the Kemmelberg,Kuschinsky attacked and was then joined by peloton pretty Edvald Boasson-Hagen.The two riders managed to arrive at the finish line alone and the winner was decided by a two men sprint.Sprint that was won by the young norwegian rider.
Third came SB's rider Matthew Goss,who arrived at the finish line together with Matthew Hayman and Andreas Klier.The other men who formed the front group arrived at the finish line 2 minutes after the winner.Between them there was also Matti Breschel,who got 15th.
99 riders got retired because of the wind and of the rain.Between them there was also Hair Stallion Gel.In fact humidity can cause damages to hair and so HGS (Hair Gel Stallion) has proably decided to retire in order to preserve his amazing hair and,maybe,he's also been able to go to the hairdresser as soon as he arrived in the hotel.Other riders like Boonen,Cavendish and Fab Fab instead concluded the race (and were very nice to do that,in my opinion).
I must say I was really happy about yesterday's podium because: 1.Boasson Hagen is a very talented and young rider,and I really like seeing young riders win important races. 2.As soon as he crossed the finish line,Kuschinsky said he really wanted to win the race in order to dedicate the victory to people of Abruzzo (Italy).In fact,as you may know,in Abruzzo there was a very strong earthquake that killed more than 250 people (and that left many many other people without a home).I think it was very nice of him to think about what happened. 3.I like Matthew Goss because he's young and talented (and also has nice blue eyes). Btw,let's now talk about Paris-Roubaix: personally I hope that on Sunday it will be raining on Roubaix's streets.In fact, cobblestone + rain + cycling = spectacular race.And,between the people who hope that on Sunday it will rain,there aren't just Bulbarelli,Cassani,my uncle and I,but also a certain Fabian Cancellara...And,according to Italian chronists (Bulbarelli and Cassani),on Sunday it SHOULD rain.
Vuelta al Paìs Vasco:Contador won yesterday's stage and also took the leader jersey.Frank got 16th while Andy was 31st.Best SB rider was Jakob Fuglsang (13th).

I also hope it's going to rain on sunday. That would make it a spectaculair race (although I hope nobody gets injured in a fall :( That would be really bad) I also have a long weekend free so I can see Paris-Roubaix and I don't have to do anything else :)
RispondiEliminaI hope Cancellara will better. It was a shame that his chain broke in Vlaanderen. Untill then he did good.
A rainy Roubaix is much harder than a sunny one,no doubts about it.
RispondiEliminaCancellara has been very unlucky in this period of the season,a good placement in Roubaix could make things for him change.
Regarding holidays:tomorrow I go into the mountains and I think I'll stay there until Sunday,so perhaps I won't be blogging for a while.Btw,I'll surely make a post about Roubaix.
Has your sister expressed any interest in HGS yet? If so, tell her to look at Edvald.
RispondiEliminaFortunately my sister hasn't expressed any interest in HGS yet.I say "fortunately" because she's filled our computer with pics of Lovkvist and I couldn't stand it if she did the same with HGS's pics.
RispondiEliminaI followed your advice and showed her some pics of Edvald,but she doesn't find him very cute because her heart already belongs completely to a rider whose surname begins with L and ends with Ovkvist.
Since HGS did so well in Roubaix will you be posting pictures of him with Tommeke?
RispondiEliminaNO,I WON'T.
RispondiEliminaBtw,d'you remember that photo you wanted to dedicate to me on your blog?
Well,I clicked on it because I need to train myself in that sport for which we still need to decide a name and that involves watching pics of Pozzato.
I need this training because if HGS ever wins something of important,I'll have to post a photo of him on this blog.And,worried about what could happen in yesterday's Roubaix,I started to train already a week ago.