I know,I haven't written anything in the last days,but I've been terribly busy and awfully tired (going to bed at midnight and waking up at 6 o'clock for a week is not very relaxing). Anyway:today is the Liege day and I've found something about the Schleck brothers and this race.
Andy seems to be very confident after Fleche's second place (well done Andy!): "My goal is to win Liege,I don't care about anything else.And if I want to win,I have to attack because I can't allow myself to wait for the sprint".
Frank will race as well today.Here's what he said: "Now I'm okay,because you don't lose your condition in a week.So I'll run in order to win the race,just like my brother".
Here's an interview of Frank.Hope you like it.
Frank,what do you remember of your fall in AGR?
FS: Nothing.I remember my first fall.After that I got again on my saddle,my teammates waited for me,I went near to the team car because I had some problems with my bike and the mechanic solved them.Then I went again in front of the group.Andy asked me if everything was okay and I told him that I had just hurt my shoulder.Then,the dark.I woke up on the ambulance.They told me I've been unconscious for 10-15 minutes.Apart from the trauma and some little bruises,I didn't have any other big problems.Before of going back to the hotel,they told me to be careful for the first 3 days.For the first night,my girlfriend had to wake me up every two hours (Yes,he's got a girlfriend).I was really under control".
Then?
"On Monday I stayed in the hotel.I had a headache and I was frightened.Then I came back home,to Luxembourg.On Monday I didn't ride my bike.On Wednesday I rode it for an hour.On Thursday for 3 hours.Yesterday (on Friday) I rode with the team for other 3 hours.I'm ok.You don't lose your condition in one week.Tomorrow (today) I race".
To win?
"Always.Then,if I realise that I can't win,I begin to work for my team and for my teammates. I've always behaved in this way."
Will you help Andy as well?
"No,I'll never run for my little brother!! Ok,I'm joking,Andy's in great form:he's one of the favourites."
The "tandem" Schleck was born one year ago,during Liege.
"It was exciting.In the last kms we were there,together,in front of the other riders in a great race.We didn't have a lot of luck.This time it will go better,we hope.We'll be there.And if,at the end,there were just Andy and I,well,we'll have two chances: first,we sprint together.Second, Andy must give me a lot of money.
No Giro,you'll ride the Tour.Some predictions?
"In 2008 we had 3 leaders in the Tour:Sastre,Andy and I.This year,there will be just Andy and I,so the team will be more stronger and united".
Sastre won the Tour on Alpe d'Huez.Have you got some regrets?
"No.I wouldn't have won last year Tour anyway.That day Carlos made a great attack and he deserved to win."
This year?
"It won't be a battle between Saxo Bank and Astana.Astana is strong,we are strong as well.I'm not saying that we'll win the Tour,but that we'll try winning it.Not just against Astana,but against everybody".
Armstrong,Contador,Kloden,Leipheimer...In which order would you put them?
"This year's results say:1st Contador,2nd Leipheimer,3rd Kloden.But this has no importance at all".
And Armstrong?
"I believe in Armstrong.He won 7 Tour de France.Not 1,but 7.And if he's come back,it's just because he wants to win his eight Tour."
Do you feel pressure before of an important race like Liege or Tour?
"Yes,I feel it.And it gives me something more".
Other links:if someone knows Dutch,here's an article (or at least I think it should be an article) about the Schleck brothers:Enjoy it! Link: http://www.schleck.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=14
And then:here's alink to a video about Andy's race in Fleche Wallonne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgkuSmMIEU .I
PS:I haven't read any blog for some days,so I don't know if those articles are new or not.If they aren't,please don't get angry at me.
Andy seems to be very confident after Fleche's second place (well done Andy!): "My goal is to win Liege,I don't care about anything else.And if I want to win,I have to attack because I can't allow myself to wait for the sprint".
Frank will race as well today.Here's what he said: "Now I'm okay,because you don't lose your condition in a week.So I'll run in order to win the race,just like my brother".
Here's an interview of Frank.Hope you like it.
Frank,what do you remember of your fall in AGR?
FS: Nothing.I remember my first fall.After that I got again on my saddle,my teammates waited for me,I went near to the team car because I had some problems with my bike and the mechanic solved them.Then I went again in front of the group.Andy asked me if everything was okay and I told him that I had just hurt my shoulder.Then,the dark.I woke up on the ambulance.They told me I've been unconscious for 10-15 minutes.Apart from the trauma and some little bruises,I didn't have any other big problems.Before of going back to the hotel,they told me to be careful for the first 3 days.For the first night,my girlfriend had to wake me up every two hours (Yes,he's got a girlfriend).I was really under control".
Then?
"On Monday I stayed in the hotel.I had a headache and I was frightened.Then I came back home,to Luxembourg.On Monday I didn't ride my bike.On Wednesday I rode it for an hour.On Thursday for 3 hours.Yesterday (on Friday) I rode with the team for other 3 hours.I'm ok.You don't lose your condition in one week.Tomorrow (today) I race".
To win?
"Always.Then,if I realise that I can't win,I begin to work for my team and for my teammates. I've always behaved in this way."
Will you help Andy as well?
"No,I'll never run for my little brother!! Ok,I'm joking,Andy's in great form:he's one of the favourites."
The "tandem" Schleck was born one year ago,during Liege.
"It was exciting.In the last kms we were there,together,in front of the other riders in a great race.We didn't have a lot of luck.This time it will go better,we hope.We'll be there.And if,at the end,there were just Andy and I,well,we'll have two chances: first,we sprint together.Second, Andy must give me a lot of money.
No Giro,you'll ride the Tour.Some predictions?
"In 2008 we had 3 leaders in the Tour:Sastre,Andy and I.This year,there will be just Andy and I,so the team will be more stronger and united".
Sastre won the Tour on Alpe d'Huez.Have you got some regrets?
"No.I wouldn't have won last year Tour anyway.That day Carlos made a great attack and he deserved to win."
This year?
"It won't be a battle between Saxo Bank and Astana.Astana is strong,we are strong as well.I'm not saying that we'll win the Tour,but that we'll try winning it.Not just against Astana,but against everybody".
Armstrong,Contador,Kloden,Leipheimer...In which order would you put them?
"This year's results say:1st Contador,2nd Leipheimer,3rd Kloden.But this has no importance at all".
And Armstrong?
"I believe in Armstrong.He won 7 Tour de France.Not 1,but 7.And if he's come back,it's just because he wants to win his eight Tour."
Do you feel pressure before of an important race like Liege or Tour?
"Yes,I feel it.And it gives me something more".
Other links:if someone knows Dutch,here's an article (or at least I think it should be an article) about the Schleck brothers:Enjoy it! Link: http://www.schleck.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=14
And then:here's alink to a video about Andy's race in Fleche Wallonne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgkuSmMIEU .I
PS:I haven't read any blog for some days,so I don't know if those articles are new or not.If they aren't,please don't get angry at me.

It's a nice article about the Schlecks. It's about Fränks fall and about the programme after today. I can translate it into English, if you want to.
RispondiEliminaCerto che puoi! Però potresti per favore mettere un piccolo link al mio blog nell'introduzione? Te ne sarei infinitamente grata!
RispondiEliminaAh,and then:if you want on Gazzetta website there's already the translation (I took it from there).Glad you like it!
Marleen,if you have time to translate it,I'd be very happy to read the article in English.
RispondiElimina