I don't know what's going on lately,but there's another interview with the Schleck brothers on this link http://lequotidien.editpress.lu/news/128/ARTICLE/2146/2009-01-29.htmlThe article is (again!) in French.I've tried to translate it,and here's the result.I don't think the translation is completely exact,but the general meaning of the sentence is ok.I hope you like it.
Yes,I want to win the Tour one day
Yesterday we made an interview with the Schleck brothers.In our last edition we talked with them about their main goals for the next season.Andy’s got the same goals as Frank (the classics and the Tour) and says: “Sometimes,you’re very strong you don’t win anything.Other times,you’re not the strongest but you manage to win.I think everything’s possible.”
J:What are your main goals for this year,Andy?
A: Of course I’d like to shine at the Tour.I particularly like this year’s parcours.It’s gonna be a wonderful Tour,with a very good parcours.There are two time-trials and the Monaco one is very difficult.Then I really like the fact that we’ll have to ride on the Ventoux the day before of the last stage ending in Paris.For me and Frank,this is a very good thing.
Last year there were three leaders in your team.Now,with the departure of Carlos Sastre,things have changed in your team.Now you two are the team leaders.I think that this will make things easier for you...
F: It’s true,this year will be even stronger.Last year,we actually had 3 leaders...
A: After my hunger-knock on Hautacam,Frank and Carlos were the leaders.
F: Now we can say that fortunately Andy lost 10 minutes on Hautacam.Otherwise,how could have we ridden in the Alps with 3 leaders?
A:When you’re a leader,you don’t work for the other riders.The situation is perfect,everybody protect you...
J: This will also make things more enjoyable for you...
F: Of course it will...
J:Two brothers that ride the Tour together in one of the strongest team of the world,that’s very unusual!
F: This makes things a lot easier for us.Last year,we had some little problems.This year,we’ll have to face other problems.We’ll be the leaders,so there will be a lot of pressure on us.We’ll have to be responsable for the team,for the other riders,but I’m ready to do this.And Andy will improve in this too,that’s sure.
J: Your popularity has increased a lot lately and keeps on increasing.Does this make your life harder?
A: It’s true that now we’re well known in Luxembourg,but I think this hasn’t changed a lot our lives.In the last 3 years luxembourgian people supported us a lot.
F: I think life has become harder.You have to learn to say no to people when you don’t have any other choice.Last year we learned a lot under this point of view.We have to put some limits.It’s impossible to content everybody,every time.
A: It’s nice to be involved in lots of things,but everybody wants something from you.Schools (why I don’t live in Luxembourg,why?),associations...We try to do everything that’s possible,but we can’t content everyone,that’s logical...
F: I hope people understand that we we can’t always be available because between rAces and trainings,we don’t have a lot of free time.We’ve just came back from a training camp of 10 days in Mallorca and on Thursday we’re going to California and we’re staying there for 4 weeks.In these 6 days,we need to stay calm.
J: Things would probably have been harder if you lived in another country...
FS: If we lived in France,or in Germany,it would have been much more complicated.But in Switzerland,for example,there is another mentality.It depends on the country you live in.
J: Let’s talk about more practical things.Specialzed bikes have taken the place of your Cervelos...How do you feel with your new bikes?
A: The clothes,the sponsors,everything has changed.Btw,I don’t have problems with this.We’ve got Zipp wheels,like before.
F: The bicycle is a bit more heavier than my old Cervelo,but I’ve got a good feeling with it.In Mallorca we saw the first version of the new TT-bikes.The mechanics are preparing a new version at the moment,but only Bjarne Riis and Fabian Cancellara know something more about it...
J:Talking ‘bout the team,have you noticed some changes?
F: In Mallorca we saw some young riders full of vitality.I think of Jakob Fuglsang,a rider that is really,really promising.Maybe he’ll ride this year’s Tour.He’s very strong.Remember his name!
J: Your first race of 2009 is going to be the Tour of California.Do you feel a lot of pressure?A: We had a very long break and our last race was the World Cup in Varese.But you’re always nervous when you have to do the first race of the new season.
F: You don’t know how your form will be.
A: I won’t feel under pressure at the Tour of California.If it goes well,that will be nice,but if I’m not in a very good form,it will be okay anyway.
J: When you come back to Europe,your schedule will be different:Frank,you’re going to run the Tirreno-Adriatico,while you,Andy,are going to ride the Paris-Nice...
F: I’m going to the Tirreno because I’ve always ridden the Paris-Nice in the last years.I wanted to change.And then in the Paris-Nice there’s always a shit weather,while in Italy the weather is generally better...In the evening when you watch the news you’re really fed up (don’t know if the translaytion’s correct for this sentence...Sorry!).However,I’m sure that this year there will be a very bad weather at the Tirreno-Adriatico,while the sun will shine on the Paris-Nice (laughs...).I go there because I want to prepare myself for the Milan-Sanremo and I want to help Fabian Cancellara.
J: Frank,you’ve thought of racing in the Tour of Flanders in order to help Cancellara?
F: Yes,but also because I think I can do something on the climbs.Who knows? I could attack like I do in Amstel Gold Race.We’ll see.If I run the Tour of Flanders,then I have to do some races like “A travers les Flandres (25 March)” or “Le Grand Prix E3” in Harelbeke in order to get ready for that race.
J: Are you excited by all these prospectives?
F: For the moment,I’m not.I’m quite for the moment.
A: No,I prefer the winter (laughs).
F: We’re more excited for the beginning of the winter than for the beginning of the season!
J: Do I have to cut this question from the interview?
F: No you mustn’t,we’re just joking.We love riding our bikes,otherwise we wouldn’t do all these things,it would be very hard to leave your house to do hours of training.If you don’t love riding your bike,that’s impossible...
A: When you’re on holiday,you’re always happy,aren’t you? I like being at home and being on holiday.But after the first races,we’ll get the rythm again and everything will go on as usual.
F: The first races of the season are usually very hard.After the winter break,you start getting on your bike again after 6 weeks.It’s hard.
A: And,as Frank has already said,this weather doesn’t make us happier when we have to do some training.I prefer hot weather.In the winter you have to wear certain clothes,a cap (hat),a jacket...It’s not a very nice thing.
F: In Mallorca there were 15 degrees.It wasn’t too bad.
J: Andy,how is your relation with the international press,that sees you as a future winner of the Tour? Is it nice,or is it something that makes you nervous?
A: This doesn’t make me nervous.Journalists often write things about me on the Internet (ndr; I didn’t understand very well this sentence,sorry),but I think it is normal,considering what I’ve done in my first Tour,the improvements I’ve made and what I’ve done in my first Giro.The Tour is my main goal.Last year I lost a lot of time because of a defaillance,but it’s true that I felt very strong.I go to this year Tour for winning it,not just for having fun.Last year I knew I would have gone there to help the team’s leaders.This time,my goal is the GC.Maybe I’ll win the Tour. The next year? Between 3 years? I don’t know,but one day,yes,I’d love to win the Tour.
F (he interrupts his brothers,smiling): Of course he’ll win the Tour!
A: I can’t say if I’ll win it or not,but I know that someday I’ll be at the start-line to win that race. FS (interrupting again):But Andy,you have to do it in 5-6 years time,because I’ll stop cycling between that time.And,as we’ve always said,we’re going to stop cycling together,so you have to win it before I retire!
J: So,you’ve planned to stop cycling together? (aaarghhhh!!!)
F: Andy wants to stop cycling with me! Can I say something about Laurent Didier?
J: Of course you can...
F: You know that he’s joined again the team Designa Kokken.He was with us as a staigiare at the Mallorca training camp and he behaved really well.His tests were also very good.He immediately integrated himself with all the team.I’ve told Bjarne that he’s a very good rider,young and with a big potential.Until now he’s seen cycling just like a hobby because he had to study at university. He can still improve a lot.And he’s got character (personality).
J: Is he joining the Team Saxo-Bank?
F: It could be.He could sign for the next season and ride this one as a staigiare.I’d really like to see him joining us and give continuity to luxembourgian cycling.Luxembourg has got a nice cycling history,I hope he can get into it too.To have a young,strong rider from Luxembourg when we retire,that would be wonderful.
Notes about the interview: they talk about their retire even in this interview.We absolutely have to persuade them to stay in the cycling world for more than 6 years.Maybe Frank could become Saxo Bank's DS and Andy could continue riding his bike...What do you think??(photos from Luxcom,TDW and probably again TDW.Me loves Frank's glasses).

that's a good idea, if frank wants to retire he can work for team saxobank and andy still can ride his bike :) i like the interview
RispondiEliminathanks for the interview.
RispondiEliminastill have got no idea how to persuade then, so your idea is very welcome ;)
btw- i don't know if you ever heard of lars boom or you like him but at the site of corvospro there are some very cute pictures. they're nice to see
Unfortunately I don't know much about Lars Boom...:( I know he's a cyclocross champion,that he's very young and that is Dutch,but cyclocross is not very followed here in Italy...When I have the chance of watching a cyclo-cross race on tv,I'll do it.
RispondiEliminaRegarding Frank and Andy's retirement:we can always corrupt Frank to keep on racing until he's 40-41...How? Here's a little list:
1.We all move to Luxembourg and we cook for him every day all his favourite dishes (pasta,pizza,hamburgers and so on).
2.We offer him a 2 months holiday in Curaçao.
3.We buy him a house near to a wonderful beach,in some hot country.
Other ideas (maybe a little more sensible?)
i also saw the pictures of lars boom on corvospro and they are very cute. it would be great if he will win the worldchampionship for the second time tomorrow.
RispondiEliminai don't think bjarne riis will let andy stop at age 29-30 that would be a wast of his talent, so maybe we can get some help from him :P
if you want i can give you some links of interviews(videos) with lars boom.
RispondiEliminathan you can get to know him a little bit better
Thank you Kimberley,it would be really nice. The world championship would have been a nice chance to know more about Lars Boom and cyclocross,but unfortunately Italian tv doesn't transmit it...:( Stupid Italian tv!
RispondiEliminahttp://player.nos.nl/index.php/media/play/tcmid/tcm:5-472842/category/sport/
RispondiEliminahttp://player.nos.nl/index.php/media/play/tcmid/tcm:5-472218/category/sport/
http://tour2008.nos.nl/video/bekijken/ID/tcm:5-450334/theo-bos-krijgt-fietsles-van-lars-boom
The last one is also including theo bos!
Thanks for the links! I didn't understand a lot of what they say,but cyclocross seems a very interesting sport.I've also found some information about Lars Boom and Theo Bos on Wikipedia.Do they often race on the road?
RispondiEliminaRegarding the Schlecks' retirement,Marleen's absolutely right.I was so shocked by the news that I didn't consider Uncle Bjarne,but I'm sure he won't let Andy retire between 5-6 years.
theo bos always was a track cyclist, but he decide to ride on the road for this season.
RispondiEliminaHe is a very good sprinter so he can be good competion for tom boonen/mark cavendish.
Lars boom is very good in many disciplines.
He is worldchampion timetrial (under 23) of 2007 and till today he was also worldchampion cyclo-cross.
He wanted to focus on the cyclocross season 2008-2009 and after that he wants to race on the road.
He can be a future winner of the ronde van vlaanderen and paris-roubaix and he is also very good in timetrials. He also is dutch champion on the road, dutchchampion by the time trials and dutch champion cyclo-cross.
i hope that i gave you enough info, i've you have questions about them you can always ask
Thanks for the info Kimberley!
RispondiEliminaToday I managed to watch the cyclocross world championship (they transmitted it on Eurosport) and I liked it.I don't know much about the riders,but I think I prefer Boom to Nys (and I don't know why).