martedì 28 settembre 2010

The Worlds are coming: little random post

In less than one week time each of us will know the names of the 2010 World Champions of Cycledom.
Tomorrow there's the Under 23 and the women TTs (go go Cantele!!!) which I'm afraid I won't be able to watch because I'm supposed to be at school (or in bed) between 5.30 and 8.30 of every Thursday mornings from here to July.
Actually, I'm afraid I may not be able to watch the Men RR either because of the time zone. In fact there is a difference of 10 hours between Italy and Australia and this means that in Australia it is 5 pm when here in Italy it is 7 am. So, if I want to enjoy all the excitement of the Worlds I'll have to get up at least at 4.30/5 am, which I consider a very difficult thing for me to do because it's just Tuesday and I already have a deficit of 4 hours of sleep this week. And then on Saturday's evening a friend of mine could finally decide to have her birthday party, and that would mean me coming home at 1 am (if I behave well) and getting up again at 4.30...Oh, how dreadful.
Anyway, let's leave time zones apart (I'm sure I'm not the only who has this problem with this year Worlds) and let's focus on some random news.
TEAM LUXEMBOURG:
First of all, here's a list that a dear Anonimo dropped in at the comment box under my previous post. Said list comes from wielerland.nl and refers to the riders who,apparently, may be riding for Team Luxembourg next year.
The team seems very good, although so far it seems like a cobblestone specialist is still missing...Therefore hurry up Fabian! Los Schlecks need you!!!

Riders who are probably joining los Schlecks at their new team:
BENNATI Daniele: he's surely joining the brothers. Daniele hasn't won a lot this year, but he's surely got a lot of talent.Let's just hope that illnesses will give him a break next year.
DIDIER Laurent : could the third Luxembourgian of Team SB not be linked to Team Luxembourg? Of course not! Frank has always had great words for Laurent, who is a very strong climber who did very well at this year Giro.
FEILLU Brice : he's surely joining los Schlecks too. He won a stage at le Tour last year and he's the classic skinny rider who rides well in the mountains.
FUGLSANG Jakob : he's leaving Riis, but hasn't said yet what his new team will be. A great rider, no doubts about it.
GERDEMANN Linus : Linus,who has the fame of being one of the least pleasant guys in the professional Cycledom, has to leave Milram at the end of the season and so it seems that he's joining los Schlecks. No doubt, the boy's got talent and can be dangerous also in the Classics
KLEMME Dominic : a hard-working guy, just like LUND Anders. Will they both betray Bjarne and go to Team Luxembourg? That is the question.
MONFORT Maxime : another hard working guy who can be very precious in flat races. Don't know if he's really joining the brothers.
MORTENSEN Martin : I have no news about Martin's chances of joining los Schlecks. Btw, look out for him: he comes from Designa Kokka!
O'GRADY Stuart : will one of the two main riding characters of Beergate join his fellow Andy at his new team?
POSTHUMA Joost: nice rider who got a Top 20 placement at this year Giro. Voices have linked him to Team Luxembourg.
SCHLECK Andy, SCHLECK Fränk : yes, they're surely riding for Team Luxembourg next year.
STAMSNIJDER Tom : apparently, in this team there could be a trio of riders whose surnames are 'Schleck',' Fuglsang' and 'Stamsnijder'. Add 'Weylandt' and this will become the scariest team of the world for poor Rai's chronist Gigi Sgarbozza.
VIGANÒ Davide : I had never heard of Team Luxembourg's interest for this Sky's rider. Btw, having 2 Italians riding for Team Luxembourg wouldn't be bad.
VOIGT Jens : will Jensie join los Schlecks at their new team?
WAGNER Robert : according to De Telegraaf, this rider is the latest one who has signed for the Schleck's brother team.
WEGMANN Fabian : if Fabian W. is really going to join this team, me will be a very happy Fangirl.
WEYLANDT Wouter: after seeing him winning a stage at 2010 Giro, and after hearing him say 'Fuck!' on Italian tv, I've started to appreciate this guy. So, let's hope he'll really join Team Luxembourg too.

I know that the list above will surely be changed in the next days (some riders are surely going to be added to this team), but wasting my time on this kind of things is something I really enjoy.

WORLDS NEWS:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5749/No-world-championships-for-Vinokourov.aspx : Vinokourov is not taking part in the Worlds race. Pity, because the parcours would have suited him.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leukemans-injures-elbow-and-hip-in-training-crash-in-melbourne : I really do hope Leukemans will recover from this crash soon.

SAXO BANK'S EXODUS CONTINUES.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hoj-announces-retirement : He of the big gap between his front teeth, 37 year-old Frank Hoj, is retiring from Cycledom at the end of the year. How sad.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/julich-leaves-saxo-bank-management : Bobby Julich is leaving Saxo Bank too. Now I'm just waiting for los Sorensens to announce the creation of their new team (read previous post to understand what I'm talking about).

GO GO MARINA!!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/romolis-rehabilitation-continues : Marina Romoli's rehabilitation continues, although her legs haven't gained sensibility yet. Don't give in girl (you can find her story here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/romoli-seriously-injured-in-training-accident )!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento