venerdì 31 luglio 2009

Frank winning a criterium in Lux + San Sebastian Start List:

The "Tour de France Gala",a criterium held yesterday in the city of Luxembourg,was won by Frank Schleck in front of Ballan and Kirchen.4th was Little Bro' Andy.On these 2 links (http://station.lu/newsDetails.cfm?id=24378 and http://www.wort.lu/wort/web/sport/artikel/35958/%2040000-bei-sportfest-in-rot-weiss-blau.php) there are lots of pics from yesterday's race.

In the meanwhile,the Tour of Denmark is going in a great way for Saxo Bank team.In fact the 1st stage was won by Matti Breschel,while the 2nd one was won by Nicki Sorensen (who's also wearing the leader jersey now).The previous rider to wear the leader jersey was Breschel.

Tomorrow there will be la Clasica de San Sebastian.Here's a not-complete start list:
Caisse d'Epargne:Valverde,Joaquin Rodriguez,Oscar Pereiro,David Arroyo;strong team,I must say.And considering that tomorrow's one is a Spanish race,I think that Caisse d'Epargne riders will do their best to try and get a good result.
Astana:Contador,Paulinho,Zubeldia,Brajkovic,Noval; Everybody knows who Contador is,but also Janez Brajkovic is a very good rider:he did well at the Giro this year and he also came in 2nd in Lombardy Tour 2008.And considering that Contador may be tired after winning le Tour,the Slovenian rider may be the team leader.
Liquigas: Pellizotti,Kreuziger,Nibali,Vanotti; of course me hopes that Vanotti will get a good result in tomorrow's race because of territorial reasons.
Quick Step: Sylvain Chavanel,Davis,Barredo,Cataldo,Devolder,Tosatto,Pineau,Devenyns.
Katusha: Ivanov,Karpets,Petrov,Mazzanti,Pozzato.Will HGS try to get a good result after a "slightly" disappointing Tour? The answer will arrive tomorrow.
Saxo Bank:Andy Schleck,Chris-Anker Sorensen,Kolobnev,Larsson,Bellis and Bochmann are the riders who will form the team for tomorrow's race according to Saxo Bank website. Cyclingnews instead says that between the Saxo Bankers racing in Spain tomorrow there will be also Frank Schleck,Nicki Sorensen and Kurt-Asle Arvesen.Considering that Sorensen the Older is racing the Tour of Denmark right now and will be racing in his home country until August the 2nd and that Kurt Arvesen started training again just 2 days ago,me thinks that the true Saxo Bank team will be formed by los Schlecks, C.A.Sorensen,Kolobnev, Larsson,Bochmann and Bellis.
Silence-Lotto: Evans,Lang,M.Lloyd,Van Den Broeck,Van Summeren.
Rabobank:Freire,Menchov,Garate,Boom,Langeveld.Looking forward to see Lars Boom.
Eusaltel-Euskadi: Astarloza,Egoi Martinez,Samuel Sanchez,Perez Lezaun,Verdugo.
Lampre: Cunego,Spilak,Bandiera.
Garmin: Vande Velde,Millar,Zabriskie,Dean,Hesjedal,Pate.
AG2R: Nocentini,Arrieta,los Efimkins,Roche,Dessel.
Cofidis:Duque,Moncoutie,Kern,Minard,Moinard,Pauriol,Taaramae.Pay attention to Taaramae, the boy has talent.
Français des Jeux: Casar,Joly,Di Gregorio,Le Mevel,Roy,Veikkanen.
Milram: Wegmann,M.Fothen,Gerdemann,Rohregger,Velits.
Boygues Telecom: Voeckler,Fedrigo,Arashiro,Bonnet,Lefevre,Pichot,Rolland,Trofimov.
Fuji-Servetto: Cobo,De La Fuente,Capecchi.Why isn't Capelli scheduled???
Contentpolis-Ampo: Galparsoro.
Columbia: Kirchen,Lovkvist,Pinotti,Possoni.Of course somebody here at home is happy to read that a young Swedish rider is scheduled to ride tomorrow,while someone else is dreaming of a good result for Possoni and Pinotti.

NB: I don't know why,but yesterday I remembered what Kirchen said in April:"the Schleck brothers won't finish in the Top 10 at the Tour" (see post: http://fede-myblog92.blogspot.com/2009/04/kirchens-last-prediction-they-schleck.html ).Well,I guess someone up in Lux has changed his mind after having seen what the brothers have done over the last 3 weeks...
(Pics by Serge Waldbillig and Christian Kemp)

10 commenti:

  1. me is lookong forword to see lars boom aswell :D hopefully his hair is finally some shorter, didn't like the long hair.
    And andy is going to ride the vuelta so i'm going to see him again :D

    RispondiElimina
  2. no :( i wish that was true
    but vuelta starts in holland and stays four days in holland :D
    so i'm going to 1 and 2 stage
    by the third and fourth i need to go back to school :(

    RispondiElimina
  3. That's wonderful! In this way you'll see Andy 4 times in 2 months and that's a very good average! And next year also the Tour starts from Holland,so you're very lucky.Wish you a lot of fun a la Vuelta!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Hey, here are some photos you might like.
    I was at the Gala TdF in Luxembourg City and my family and I ended up being extras in a commercial with the Schlecks and Kirchen :), here are some pictures we took:

    http://img207.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=92619366.jpg

    RispondiElimina
  5. Thanks emma pictures are wonderful :D
    Luv andy's leather jacket, he has got a good taste about fashion (sometimes ;))

    RispondiElimina
  6. sorry here i am again
    just had another look at the pictures but andy's clothes are better than the one of frank.
    How is that possible?? what happend?? Did i miss something??

    RispondiElimina
  7. I think they didn't choose the clothes themselves, actually ;) I'm not sure. it was for Asport, that Sports and Fashion Shop we have here in Lux.

    RispondiElimina
  8. I like the pictures but I agree with Emma I don't think they choose their clothes themselves.

    I've found a new videos from Andy (well it's new for me don't know if you've seen it before)
    this is the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NMwdcJDOE&feature=related

    second link is (very short one):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT9VfQjBGg&feature=related

    I'm in a very productive mood :)

    RispondiElimina
  9. Great links girls! Thank you very much!
    I love Andy's jacket as well...Even if I don't think he actually chose it.
    The vids are very nice,love Andy's green shoes in the second one!
    Thank you again!

    RispondiElimina