Another "funny" thing is that yesterday,while I was translating this interview,here in Italy came an earthquake.I was talking on the phone in front of my computer when suddenly the screen started shaking.Then I heard a scream in the living room and my sister and her friend (13 and 10 year-old) came to me,very frightened.I told them that there was nothing to worry about and that,if they wanted,they could go under the table (and so they did).Then I phoned my grandmother and at first she told me that my sister and her friend probably had imagined everything because she hadn’t felt nothing at all,then when I told her that I felt the earthquake too,she didn’t look worried and she just told me to keep my sister and her friend quiet (we were at home alone).Then,after 30 minutes,she came up to me (she lives in the flat under mine) and she said that even my uncle that lives in Bergamo and our neighbour felt the erthquake.Then I found out that people in nearly all the North of Italy felt this earthquake and some relatives called on the phone to talk about the day’s fact.Fortunately it didn't happen anything,so I could finish to translate the interview :)
From the “Eurosport” website,July 2008
The Grande Boucle starts between a few days.From Saturday,the Tour will start to look for the heir of Alberto Contador,the winner of the last edition of the race.We interviewed Frank and Andy Schleck,luxembourgian brothers that hope to be protagonists in France.
From the “Eurosport” website,July 2008
The Grande Boucle starts between a few days.From Saturday,the Tour will start to look for the heir of Alberto Contador,the winner of the last edition of the race.We interviewed Frank and Andy Schleck,luxembourgian brothers that hope to be protagonists in France.
Between two days,the most beautiful race of the world will take off from Brest.Italian hopes are put into the legs (and the head) of Damiano Cunego,Lampre’s leader and main Italian contender for the final victory.Between the possible protagonists in the French race there are,without any doubt,the two Luxembourgian brothers Frank and Andy Schleck,of Team Csc.Their lives run parallel one to another and the unity that exists between them is unique because of their blood tie.Frank,the eldest of the two brothers and the most expert,says:“I’ve got wonderful teammates that protect me and make me feel safe.But everything changes when I’m on Andy’s wheel*: I feel a lot safer there”.
There are 5 years of difference between the two brothers:Frank was born in 1980,Andy in 1985. Frank talks about his form:“I think I can do well in long stages.When in a stage there’s a climb immediately after 50 km,I don’t think I can do any difference,but I’m sure I can do better than other riders on the climbs that are placed in the last part of hard stages,after 180-200 km, because I stand the strain (the fatigue) better than other riders do”.
Andy supports Frank’s words. “Maybe we’ve inherited something from our father.He always says that you see a true rider only after he’s been racing for 200 km”.
In the last Tour de Suisse,Frank had a very bad fall,even if he didn’t break anything. “We’ve got a big advantage in being together in the same team:we’re roomates,we know each other perfectly and we don’t have the need to say things one to each other.Anyway,when there’s a fall,our first thought is to look around in order to find out where the other is,if he hasn’t fallen,if he’s alright.”
Running and having fun,that’s their motto.“Once our teammates were at the Sachsen Tour”,Andy tells us.“It was about 6 o’clock’ in the morning and Frank and I were fishing.Then we decided to send some photos to Stuart O’Grady through our cells.He answered us with a sms that said ‘I can’t understand:how can you be so strong if you never train?’.We had a laugh and we returned fishing”.
Frank,first on the Alpe d’Huez in 2006,and Andy,best young rider and secon in the final GC of the last year Giro d’Italia,are right.When you have fun,everything becomes easier.
*I’m not sure of the translation...it would mean:when I’m behind Andy during a race

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento