As you all know,in this period I’ve got nothing to do except translating interviews.This time I’ve translated an article of “Corriere della Sera.it” (“I fratelli Schleck,una persona sola.E per il Tour si scomoda anche Sarkozy”,that’s the title) about the Schleck brothers and the Tour.I hope you’ll understand my horrible English and that you’ll enjoy the article!
Cuneo: Winning the Tour de France as a pair:the mission impossible of the Schleck brothers has begun in Pratonevoso and will continue today,in front of the French President Nicolas Sarkozy,that will arrive at the Tour on an helicopter.The Tour returns to France to go on the highest asphalt road of Europe,the col de la Bonnette (2802 m),and to face a crazy descent of 23 kms towards the finish line in Jausiers.
Considering that in 49” there are the first 6 riders of the GC,the Tour of the scandals is still very open.As open as the letter that Ricco’s teammates have written to their sponsors (Saunier Duval and Scott) in order to dissociate themselves from their teammates’ behaviour;they’re a very united team,no doubt about it.Even Frank Schleck can count on a very united (and very controlled by the men of the Antidoping) team:the CSC of the yellow jersey is compact and determined even on the rest day,in front of the cameras and the microphones of the journalists.But the most important weapon of the 28 year-old from Luxembourg could be his brother Andy,23 year-old,at his first Tour de France.The youngest of Johnny Schleck’son is considered the more talented,but on Hautacam climb he lost nearly 9 minutes and so he can’t fight for the final victory anymore.Andy attacked on Sunday and he will probably attack again in the next days,not only for his brother but even for the other team’s leader,Carlos Sastre.But when he talks,Andy just refers to his big brother.Because racing against the Schlecks,as the adversaries say,“is just like racing against one single person”. Frank won on the Alpe d’Huez in 2006,but before of wearing the yellow jersey he said that the best day of his career was this year,when he came 3rd in the Liege behind Valverde and Rebellin.“I didn’t win that race,but it was just like I did it”,says Frank.“In the last part of the race we were in four,and for the first time Andy was with me in the ultimate part of such an important race:it was something of unbelievable,an absolutely wonderful moment”.With the helmets and the glasses on,the two brothers are often confused by the other riders,just like two twin stars.“Maybe without realizing it”,Frank continues,“but we try to exploit the likeness between us in order to confuse our adversaries”. “I 've signed hundreds of autographs on Frank’s photos!",laughs Andy.
Always together,even when they’re not racing,the Schleck brothers relax themselves going fishing and hunting with their dogs.Today,the yellow jersey’s hunt is not a joke.“For the moment I’m enjoying this moment”,Frank explains,“and I’ll keep on attaccking together with the team for make it last as long as possible.I’m realist: time trials are not my speciality,so Carlos and I have to try to win the Tour on the last climbs.” Winning the Tour,maybe as a pair.What a satisfaction!
NB:I hope you've enjoyed the interview! If something’s not clear,please let me know!
Considering that in 49” there are the first 6 riders of the GC,the Tour of the scandals is still very open.As open as the letter that Ricco’s teammates have written to their sponsors (Saunier Duval and Scott) in order to dissociate themselves from their teammates’ behaviour;they’re a very united team,no doubt about it.Even Frank Schleck can count on a very united (and very controlled by the men of the Antidoping) team:the CSC of the yellow jersey is compact and determined even on the rest day,in front of the cameras and the microphones of the journalists.But the most important weapon of the 28 year-old from Luxembourg could be his brother Andy,23 year-old,at his first Tour de France.The youngest of Johnny Schleck’son is considered the more talented,but on Hautacam climb he lost nearly 9 minutes and so he can’t fight for the final victory anymore.Andy attacked on Sunday and he will probably attack again in the next days,not only for his brother but even for the other team’s leader,Carlos Sastre.But when he talks,Andy just refers to his big brother.Because racing against the Schlecks,as the adversaries say,“is just like racing against one single person”. Frank won on the Alpe d’Huez in 2006,but before of wearing the yellow jersey he said that the best day of his career was this year,when he came 3rd in the Liege behind Valverde and Rebellin.“I didn’t win that race,but it was just like I did it”,says Frank.“In the last part of the race we were in four,and for the first time Andy was with me in the ultimate part of such an important race:it was something of unbelievable,an absolutely wonderful moment”.With the helmets and the glasses on,the two brothers are often confused by the other riders,just like two twin stars.“Maybe without realizing it”,Frank continues,“but we try to exploit the likeness between us in order to confuse our adversaries”. “I 've signed hundreds of autographs on Frank’s photos!",laughs Andy.
Always together,even when they’re not racing,the Schleck brothers relax themselves going fishing and hunting with their dogs.Today,the yellow jersey’s hunt is not a joke.“For the moment I’m enjoying this moment”,Frank explains,“and I’ll keep on attaccking together with the team for make it last as long as possible.I’m realist: time trials are not my speciality,so Carlos and I have to try to win the Tour on the last climbs.” Winning the Tour,maybe as a pair.What a satisfaction!
NB:I hope you've enjoyed the interview! If something’s not clear,please let me know!
Anyway,talking about the likeness of the two brothers,I’ve found this pic (on lu.photo,while the first pic is by Tim De Waele and the second one from Corvospro) and the caption says that the two guys in the photo are Virenque and Frank (!).Doesn’t Frank look like Andy?

he does look a lot like Andy! i was convinced it was andy haha
RispondiEliminathat is true. when i look better at the picture i can see the difference. it is a nice article.
RispondiEliminabut when you look quickly at the picture i think they do look a bit the same
RispondiEliminaI agree with Marleen.When I first watched the photo I was convinced he was Andy!
RispondiElimina