lunedì 29 dicembre 2008

CIAO CIAO 2008,BENVENUTO 2009:

So,year 2008 is ending.A lot of things (good and bad) happened this year.Good things:
-Frank wore the yellow jersey at the Tour and won the National Championship.He also came 3rd in Liege-Bastogne-Liege and 2° in Amstel Gold Race. -Andy won the white jersey at the Tour,won the Curaçao Amstel Gold Race,arrived 4th in the Liege and ran a great Tour de France (except for Hautacam’s day....).
-Frank’s case was dropped by ALAD.
-I gave up studying physics.
-Obama was elected as new American president (and Bush will finally go away between a few days).
-The Slowworm...I mean,the Cobra (Riccò) didn’t win the Giro.
-There were the Olympics games (even if they didn't end well for poor Andy,they’re always a wonderful event).
-Kaiser Chiefs and Oasis did a new album.
-I went to Rome and to France (twice) for the first time in my life.
-I started learning Spanish and philosophy (!).
BAD THINGS:
-Frank was investigated by ALAD and there were lots of people that said that CSC riders were all doped.Grrrr!
-Hautacam stage.What a sufference!
-Armstrong returns racing.The problem is not his return,but the fact that Italian press dedicates too much time to him.The articles of the Gazzetta dello Sport just talk about Armstrong, Basso, Armstrong, Bettini, Armstrong, Riccò, Armstrong and Armstrong.What a bore!
-Berlusconi returned Italian first minister.That’s a very very very bad thing.
-The terrorist outrage in Mumbay (and all the other ones that I don’t remember-sorry for my bad memory).
-I argued with my best friend because of a French holiday and a Dutch boy (ah,the globalization!) and we haven’t talked for the last 3 months.

So,these were some of the good and bad things that happened in 2008 (I don’t have a good memory,so please don’t get angry if something’s missing...).
Now I’d like to express my "cyclistic" dreams for the year 2009:
1.Andy changes his mind at the last moment and decides to run the Giro.He partecipates after a wonderful victory in Liege-Bastogne-Liege and he wins also the Giro.He also wins the stage that ends up in Bergamo.That day I’m near to the finish line,I manage to talk to him and he gives me his phone number.Then we get engaged :)

In July he races also the Tour and he arrives 3rd behind his brother and someone else (you know,after the Giro’s win he’s a bit tired...).Then he takes a long rest and he arrives on the podium of the Worlds and of the Tour of Lombardy.

2.The second dream is about Frank:
He wins the Amstel Gold Race and the Fleche Wallonne,but he arrives 2nd in the Liege behind his little brother.They arrive alone and they cross the finish line together.Only the photofinish tells that the winner’s Andy.Then Frank decides to run the Giro as a helper for his brother.He arrives in the top 10 and wins the mountain (or vulcanic?) stage that ends on Vesuvio (I don’t know why,but that stage ispires me).Then he wins the Tour de Suisse and also the Tour de France (with the stage of Mont Ventoux).He then wins the Worlds and the Tour of Lombardy.
I’d also like other things to happen:
1.The journalists forget about Frank’s problems with that famous 7000 Euros.
2.Chris-Anker Sorensen wins a stage in the Tour.
3.Nobody of Csc (or Saxo-Bank,call it as you want) results positive to a doping-test.That’s all I hope.What do you think,can these dreams come true? And what are your dreams for 2009?

(all photos by Tim De Waele except Andy's last one,which comes from accontern.lu)

5 commenti:

  1. You're absolutely right...Andy's still got a lot of time for winning Giro-Tour-Vuelta,so it's better avoid to put too much pressure on him...Anyway,sooner or later he'll win all the Grand Tours,I'm convincted of this!
    Talking 'bout the Giro,I think that the ideal podium would be Andy 1st,Frank 2nd and Bruseghin 3rd (he'd really deserve it!).
    Regarding "my engagement with Andy",I was just joking! I can't actually choose which of the 2 brothers I like most because they're both strong,beautiful and they've got a nice character.Hope that nobody gets too jealous for that sentence! As I said,I was just joking!
    I hope that they both can run the Tour of Lombardy,especially because it's one of Frank's favourite races and he always arrives at the Lombardy with a great condition! And then,if they run it,I may be able to go and support them "live"...

    RispondiElimina
  2. It would be wonderful:however I'll have to ask to my parents first...And if they say "no",I can always corrupt my uncle...Eh eh...

    RispondiElimina
  3. Happy New Year to you too...I'd love to come to the party,but I've got 2 big problems.Firstly,my father's very strict when we talk about missing days of school (last year I stayed home only for 2 days-1 for going to see the Monte Pora stage at the Giro).Secondly,this year my school makes an exchange ("scambio culturale") with a German one,so I have to go to Germany for a week in March and then the German guy comes here in Italy.It would be a wonderful experience,if the guy wouldn't come here during the Ardenne's week (!!!).Probably I won't be able to watch the Liege and the Fleche on tv,so I don't think I'll be able to come to the Party! Sigh! When my teacher told the class that the German guys would come here that week...I would have killed in that moment.And the crazy thing is that I'm not very good in speaking German! Will I survive?

    RispondiElimina
  4. I do hope so.I don't know yet who this guy is-I don't even know if it's a boy or a girl! Some guys have already e-mailed my classmates or they have already sent them letters,but I haven't received anything yet...

    RispondiElimina
  5. However,I've spoken to some German guys who have already made the exchange with my school and they all were very nice.Maybe I just worry too much...Hope so.

    RispondiElimina