lunedì 29 marzo 2010

Are you trying to tell me that Chris Sorensen has really broken his collarbone?!?!?!?

Ok,let's try being rational,take a big breath and read the last entry of Chris Sorensen's blog once again (http://blog.tv2.dk/chris.anker.ol/ ).Its title is "Brækket kraveben",that my online translater translates as "Broken collarbone","clavicola rotta","fracture de la clavicule","clavicula quebrada" and "fractura de clavicula". But Chris can't have broken his collarbone,can he? I would have known about it,Team Saxo Bank website would have written it on its front page, cyclingnews would have dedicated at least 2 lines to this news,I would have known it! And instead,also going through some Danish sport websites,it becomes clear that Chris has really broken his collarbone.I know it's not very elegant for a young miss like me,but right now the only word that comes into my mind to describe my feelings is "fuck".Just that.Really,this news has made my evening become even worse.It wasn't enough for me to spend the whole day trying to understand my Chemics homework (stupid bloody Chemics tests),it wasn't enough starting to suffer from spring allergy,it wasn't enough watching Berlusconi getting good results in the elections once again.What an anger.
"Frankly,this is something that really sucks",Chris Anker told Sporten.dk from his house in Luxembourg."I was on the right way to find the good condition and here comes this injury.I'll probably be able to ride the Giro d'Italia anyway,but I don't think I'll be able to get a good GC result there.In fact this forced break will surely influence my condition.Yes,I can sit at home in the living room and ride my home trainer,but remaining three weeks without riding on the road is hard".
"On Saturday stage Aitor Galdos from Euskaltel hit my front wheel during Volta a Catalunya.At first it looked as if I could manage to avoid falling,but then I simply found myself on the asphalt. When I got up I immediately realised that my collarbone was broken.I could actually feel the bones grinding against each other in my right shoulder.At that point,I could just sit on the road and wait for the ambulance to come.At the hospital I had x-rays taken and they confirmed what I already knew: the collarbone was broken.According to the doctors,I'll probably have to face a month of break and therefore my GC dreams regarding the Giro d'Italia can't become true anymore.However I hope to run that race even after this crash.After all,I may get some good results in some stages.I'm sure that my good condition won't disappear completely if I keep on training on the home trainer.But fuck,it is bitter to be out for a month at this time of the season,especially because the form was finally there".
As you can see from this brief resume of Chris' last entry,the magic four letter word (the one that begins with 'f' and ends with 'uck') isn't used just by me.
Anyway,if your favourite Saxo Banker is Frank Schleck,and not Chris Sorensen,you might be happy to know that the only good news that Chris gives in his last post regards the Luxembourgish rider."Frank's form is horribly good,although you don't see it from the results",he wrote.Although I would normally be happy to read about this,this news can't cheer me up at all right now.I've been supporting Chris for 3 years now and it's the first time that one of my favourite cyclists actually goes through a broken collarbone (even if Chris is not new to broken bones and diseases,unfortunately for him),therefore I'm as disappointed as never before (at least as far as cycling injuries are concerned).Anyway,if I'm so annoyed by this news,I can't even imagine how pissed off Chris was right after crashing.
Right now Logic is trying to tell me in a very kind way that,perhaps,I shouldn't be so shocked by this news because in the world there are many things that are more important than your favourite rider's broken collarbone. Anyway in my defense I can say that this was just a shit way to end a long and tiring day and that I got the news just 5 minutes ago,therefore I still have to understand how to react to it.
Wishing Chris a good and fast recover,now I'll try to pull myself together in order to go back to my Chemics homework-although my head will probably be in Luxembourg for the next minutes (if not hours...).So,that's all for now from your extremely disappointed and annoyed Miss Fede. Good night to everyone-and good recover for Chris.

(pic from Daylife)

5 commenti:

  1. He wrote it on his blog yesterday evening and now also other Danish websites have talked about it.Since they even reported Kim Andersen's comments,I believe that unfortunately this news is true (*Fangirl sighs*).After all,I don't think that a rider can be so mean to write a thing like that on his blog just to make his supporters get worried...

    RispondiElimina
  2. Yeah, I read about it on Velonation or something like that.
    Shit happens.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Shit happens,but unfortunately bad luck loves visiting Saxo Bankers at this time of the year.I'm very disappointed for Chris because I've been supporting him since he was a pretty unknown rider and so I was already thrilled because this year Giro (whose parcours really suited him) would have been his first big chance to get good results in a Grand Tour.And instead,everything has been ruined by that crash.And I really disliked the fact that just few Danish websites gave space to the news.Ok,Chris isn't the most important/famous rider of the world,but I would have expected Saxo Bank website to dedicate at least 2 lines to his injury-and instead they haven't written anything about it yet.Chris had to tell the world about his injury from his blog and I believe that writing a blog entry with a broken collarbone probably took him a long time and also some painful moments.

    RispondiElimina
  4. I don't think that Riis Cycling is interested in sending out bad news at the moment when they're looking for a new sponsor - perhaps that's the reason why they haven't focused on Chris' injury. As for the Danish news websites, beside Tour de France cycling isn't really that big in Denmark - they're more into football and handball - not to mention tennis (Caroline Wozniacki)

    RispondiElimina
  5. This Fangirl always thinks that her favourite cyclists are the centre of the sport universe,but she never realises that things are actually different for other people.That's why I was so disappointed by the lack of news about Chris.You're probably right about it: Saxo Bank doesn't feel like sending out bad news in these days and the other webistes probably ignored the news because,although Chris is a very good rider,not a lot of people (if you don't consider Saxo Bank supporters and the Danish tifosi) know (and care) a lot about him.

    RispondiElimina