mercoledì 20 gennaio 2010

Chris Anker has renewed his contract (plus few other random things):

Although the Tour Down Under has begun,I'm not going to talk about it because I haven't found any tv broadcast of that race yet and so I can't write anything interesting or new about it.By the way,I know that Greipel has won the first 2 stages and I also know that Greg Henderson won the Adelaide City Councer Classic.
Anyway,today this egoistic blogger has got some random stuff about Riis Cycling team.First of all,a pic of the new kit has appeared on Jakob Fuglsang's twitter (http://%20tweetphoto.com/%209075522 ).I like the new kit really much and I'm glad to realise that I'm not the only one that takes pics of herself by standing in front of a mirror (little differences between me and Jakob: my "camera" isn't so glamorous as his and I will never publish a pic of myself taken by myself because of ideological reasons).
Second (and most) important thing of the day: Chris Anker Sorensen has renewed his contract (http://www.riis-cycling.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=2619) with Riis-Cycling.On the team website there is a little article about the contract's renew and here's a part of it:
“Chris has an obvious potential which he repeatedly has been demonstrating at top level throughout the season. He has been through a really exciting development this last year and extending his contract with another three years was natural to me. In May, the time is ripe for him to even have a chance of running his own chance as a leader of the Team Saxo Bank line-up for the Giro d'Italia, “says team owner Bjarne Riis from the training camp on Furteventura.

“I am extremely pleased to extend my contract so I can stay with the Team for another three years. The amazing team spirit and the way Bjarne and the rest of the team thinks ahead and innovatively with an eye for the best equipment and training methods is beneficial to my future development and I know that I can continue that development at Team Saxo Bank. I will, to some degree, continue to fill out the role as a helper for the Schlecks but I am also grateful to Bjarne for letting me take on the role as a captain in the Giro d'Italia, "says Chris Anker Sørensen, adding:" As a Dane, I am, of course, proud to continue at a major Danish team.Chris' new contract expires by the end of 2012 (just like the rest of the world,at least according to some old prophecies and things like that),so we'll be able to see him racing in Riis team at least for other 3 years.

Talking about Chris Anker,in the last days he found the time to update his blog (http://blog-dyn.tv2.dk/chris.anker.ol/ ) with a post that has a very clear title:"It feels a bit like Christmas when the Oakley men come to visit us".After all,"The Oakley men are coming to Fuerteventura" sounds a bit like: "Santa Claus is coming to town"...
Chris also says that some tests have showed that he improved his watt power in the last 12 months.Of course,if Chris was sir Lancelot,we would have read this news not just on the Internet,but on every cycling magazine of the world.Sorry for this comparison,but when some newspapers dedicate a one page article to sir Lancelot and give it a name like "Lance says: 'I'm stronger than last year",me can't avoid to think that it should be natural for "the man of the comeback" to feel stronger than he did in 2009,but probably I'm the only one that sees things in this way and so here I stop because,after all,there must be a reason for this fact.

2 commenti:

  1. Did you see the latest Schleck interview? It is here: http://www.testrider.com/fly.aspx?layout=videoindex&taxid=82&cid=195

    RispondiElimina
  2. Oh,Fangirl is melting!!! Andy with no shaved upper lip is incredibly cute...Many thanks for linking!
    Me thinks that Uncle Bjarne should seriously use Andy's lethal cuteness to convince someone to sponsor the team also in the next season.Using that secret weapon,he would find many many sponsors in just few days time!
    PS: Yes,Fangirl is exaggerating as usual...

    RispondiElimina