The Australian RR Championships have been held today and have been won by Travis Meyer,brother of Cameron,who is just 20 year old.He broke away on the final lap of the race and never looked back,holding a 31 second margin over breakaway rival David Kemp (Fly V Australia) all the way to the finish line in Buninyong.
"My first ever road national title and to do it in my first race in elite men,it is an unbelievable feeling.I can’t quite describe what it feels like,"said Meyer."To win the road race after [my brother] Cam’s just won the time trial,to have two national champions in the same team and in the same family,it is just unbelievable.People are going to know my name in the ProTour ranks just because I have got the jersey on, to win it after guys like Robbie McEwen, Stuart O’Grady, Matt Wilson, for me to be able to do that and I am only 20 in my first year on the ProTour it hasn’t quite sunk in yet".Well,winning your first race as a pro and becoming National champion together with your brother is something really nice,so I think we have to compliment on the Meyer's brothers.
Anyway,from Fangirl's absolutely egoistic point of view,the Australian championships were important especially because Baden Cooke was racing in them."Who cares?",you may ask.Well, Fangirl cares because Baden showed off the new Saxo Bank jersey for the first time in 2010. Here's a pic by Shane Goss:
"My first ever road national title and to do it in my first race in elite men,it is an unbelievable feeling.I can’t quite describe what it feels like,"said Meyer."To win the road race after [my brother] Cam’s just won the time trial,to have two national champions in the same team and in the same family,it is just unbelievable.People are going to know my name in the ProTour ranks just because I have got the jersey on, to win it after guys like Robbie McEwen, Stuart O’Grady, Matt Wilson, for me to be able to do that and I am only 20 in my first year on the ProTour it hasn’t quite sunk in yet".Well,winning your first race as a pro and becoming National champion together with your brother is something really nice,so I think we have to compliment on the Meyer's brothers.
Anyway,from Fangirl's absolutely egoistic point of view,the Australian championships were important especially because Baden Cooke was racing in them."Who cares?",you may ask.Well, Fangirl cares because Baden showed off the new Saxo Bank jersey for the first time in 2010. Here's a pic by Shane Goss:
It is darker than last year (like Didier had already predicted few weeks ago) and the shorts are completely black.The helmet still looks like last year's one,and also the rest is pretty much similar to last year's jersey.Me hopes that this jersey will be easy to see during the races (unfortunately I can't understand whether the back of it is black or white,so I can't give an opinion about this).Anyway,so far I like the new kit and I believe it is better than other team's ones (*Columbia,Lotto,Radioshack and Astana*).
Other opinions?

I like the new kit! I hope the back will also be a bit darker so we can see it better during the races. But I like the darker look :)
RispondiEliminaI like the darker look as well,although I think it will take me some time to get used to it :)
RispondiEliminaBtw I hope that the back won't be completely black,otherwise I'm afraid it will be difficult to distinguish the Sky and the Saxo Bak riders.I hope that the back will be a bit white and a bit black,like in 2007.So it would be easier to recognize the team riders.
I agree. There has to be some white in the back so it doesn't look like the team sky kit.
RispondiEliminaI'm looking forward to the new season. It is finally starting again :P (well almost :P)
Ah, the nex Saxo kit improves on the old.
RispondiEliminaI agree with you Ilaria.When I wrote this post I hadn't seen the new Fuji kit yet,but now that I've seen it I can say that it really sucks.
RispondiEliminaLuckily the season is beginning soon.I wish it was already March!
And yes,the new SB kit is better than the last one (at least IMO).Just hope that the back of it won't be completely dark!