Yes,here's the 3rd part of the "New Saxo Bank Pro Riders Series,2010 edition".When I had the idea of starting this series of posts,Saxo Bank website didn't have any information about Didier, Jaroslaw,Porte and Jorgensen yet,so the idea of presenting them on my crappy blog seemed pretty logic to me.Anyway,the guys who work on Team Saxo Bank Website have finally decided to dedicate some articles to the new riders,therefore I suggest you taking a look on said website in order to read interesting articles about the new team riders.
Anyway,since I don't like interrupting things that I've already begun and Saxo Bank team hasn't written anything about him yet,here is my random post about Jonas Aaen Jorgensen.It is a very brief one especially because of the fact that finding information about him was really tough,even tougher than finding information about Marycz Jaroslaw.Anyway,here's the not-so-great result of my work.
First of all,Jonas Aaen was born on 20 April 1986 in Denmark and turned pro in 2006 with team GLS.He raced in that team (that changed name in Team GLS-Pakke Shop 2 years ago) until the end of 2008,when he started to ride for Team Caponordic.
This young Dane boy is 174 cm tall and weights 63 kgs.According to the Italian website Cicloweb, Jonas is a fast rider who can defend himself also on steep short climbs,while according to a post that I've read on PodiumCafé,he is a "Bettini-style" rider.He'll probably ride the Ardenne classics this spring.
Jorgensen got his first important results in 2007.In fact that year,as well as winning a stage at the Triptyque des Monts et Chateaux and the GP Stadt de Zottegem,Jonas managed to arrive 3rd in the RR Danish Championship won by Alex Rasmussen.In September then he came in 6th in the Under-23 Road Race at the Stuttgart World Championships.That race was decided in a sprint between about 40 riders and was won by Peter Velits.John Bellis,Saxo Bank rider,came in 3rd behind Sulzberger.Jorgensen was 6th,while Dominic Klemme (another rider that now races for Saxo Bank team) was 7th.2008 wasn't a great season for Jorgensen.In fact that year,after taking part in a SB training camp in Mallorca,Jonas broke one finger,couldn't train for some time and was also unable to race the Varese Worlds because of a disease whose name is ignored by my online Translater.
Anyway last year Jonas got some very good results.In fact in2 009 he won a stage at the Tour du Loir et Cher,an U-23 Scandinavian Race in Uppsala and 2 stages at the Tour of Slovakia.In said race,Jorgensen won 2 stages in a row (the last one and the previous one).
Considering that the Tour of Slovakia doesn't have a website and that I didn't manage to find any vid about the race,I have to stop my post here.Anyway,if someone of you can understand Danish and wants to know slightly more on Jonas Aaen,I suggest you taking a look at http://www.phcycling.dk/site.asp?vis=rytter&id=1 (Caponordic's website),a link on which you can find some "Nyheder" regarding him and the other team riders.
Random Suggestion: if you have some free time to dedicate to some useless cycling researches,I suggest you taking a look at the reports and live coverages of the U-23 World Championships raced few years ago,since it can be a very strange and funny experience to read things like,say, "Jakob Fuglsang attacks!" now that you actually know who Jakob Fuglsang is.
(Pic taken from Caponordic website)

He's nice! =D
RispondiEliminaA new sexy saxo rider!
Oh yes! This Fangirl completely agrees with you! :)
RispondiElimina