mercoledì 3 agosto 2011

Some random cycling links (updated with some other Schleck videos):

Right after the end of the Tour, people often find themselves with nothing to do during the afternoons. Therefore, miss Fede decided to collect a few random links related to cycling (which she collected especially thanks to her kind readers) in order to amuse herself and her readers. Have fun!

VIDEOS:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kin72YxiDsg : Kat, a kind Danish reader, has recently updated on YouTube a video in which mr. Jakob Fuglsang gets his daily massage during the Tour. She uploaded it just for us, so let's thank her before starting to drool over the Leopard Trek rider (it's advisable to watch this video when you're alone).
- http://youtu.be/VrNv89dqMP0 : Marleen from 'Ride On!' has kindly pointed out this other video, featuring the Schleck brothers, de Zjonnies and an old car. In it Andy and Frank show their driving skills and, as they drive, they also find the time to damage the vehicle in many different ways.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovgs9CFoFCk : They're everyone's favourite cycling chronists: Christian Paasche and Johan Kaggestad. In this video you'll see them go bananas as Edvald Boasson Hagen wins his second TdF stage of the year. From 0:24, things get really ridicolous and at 0:58 you can see an unknown chronist that sneaks into the Norwegian room and puts his headphones next to Christian's mouth, so that his viewers can realise how hard it is to work next to the Norwegian chronists.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wHT5OJRWg (via miss Sansen): Carlos Sastre and Denis Menchov, together, in just one video: in it they speak English, they talk about their wives and they almost forget for how long they have been married. Moreover, they laugh . In particular, Menchov has a great time while talking about how he met his wife. And the worst thing is that there's nothing hilarious in that.

OTHER RANDOM LINKS:
After watching some videos, here are three other random links:
- http://womanmanfishbicyclemag.tumblr.com/ : the above-mentioned miss Sansen has recently surrendered to Tumblr. Visit her blog in order to read an exclusive 'from Fablish (or Fabianese) to English' vocabulary.
- http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/klar-parat-tour-fest: our special detective Susanne has recently provided us with some good pictures from the post-Tour parties in Paris. Enjoy!
- http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/the-cyclingnews-guide-to-rider-transfers-2011-2012 : the cycling market has already started and, so far, the interesting moves have been two: Van Hummel goes to Vacansoleil, Pozzato exits Katiusha (although his final destination is still unknown). What if he really joins Leopard Trek?

UPDATED PART:
Some kind readers have decided to add other amusing videos to this post. Lt's enjoy them!!
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFIKnK7GpeQ : Cancellara and Frank Schleck kidding with the cameras during the Tour. Lovely!
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbdFQ5rwEZs : What did the Schleck brothers and Fabian Cancellara do the day after Andy's victory in Liège 2009? In this video you have the answer! (this video, just like the previous one, has been found by our dear Cristin)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0tVAQech7g&feature=related : Also our friend Figbash decided to point out a link: it is an old classic which every Schleck fan should watch at least once pro day. Enjoy the jokes and the relaxing view!
- http://bananasaboutbikes.blogspot.com/ : After a period of break, 'Bananas about Bikes' is back with a new, exciting post by Marleen! If you haven't done it yet, I suggest you reading it. Moreover, I suggest you paying some attention to that blog in the next days: we have lots of tales coming up! If you're a supporter and you've had a great time while visiting a bike race, send us a description of your day at bananasaboutbikes@gmail.com . We accept stories related also to women cycling, cyclo-cross, track cycling, criteriums, whatever! Moreover, they don't have to be very recent. We can publish also posts that date back to some months or years ago, we're not strict at all!
(ok, end of the shameless self promotion part ;)

Enjoy the videos and the links!

17 commenti:

  1. Whoa sister! Me likes this post very much :D

    Kat, you're a good person. I'm sure I'm speaking for anyone who gets to watch half-naked, tired Jakob when I say that.

    I'd already seen the old car one. Like, 15 times. (Lets all pretend I didn't just say that in public, lol). I can't help myself, it's hilarious. "When you sell this thing, I wanna know the price.

    LOL, Norwegian chronists.

    Me likes laughning Menchov and Sastre, even if they have nothing to laugh about. :D

    I still can't decide how I'd feel about Pozzatto joining Leopard Trek.

    And here's my two cents to the video collection:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFIKnK7GpeQ
    You'd think they're working too hard for this kind of stuff...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbdFQ5rwEZs
    LOL at Frankie near the end - "Maybe I can go fast in a time trial."

    Both are kind of ancient, maybe you've already seen it, but if you haven't...

    RispondiElimina
  2. I would like to point out that we are during quite nice race - Tour de Pologne. That’s proper name, so please not Tour of Poland (we are nice, we don’t name it “wyścig dokoła Polski”, but on the other hand current leader would say it without any problems, I’m sure...). And yes, that’s completely shameless “self” promotion. You can watch it on Eurosport.

    Today’s stage to Cieszyn was show of Liquigas, Peter Sagan won and got yellow jersey. Anyway here in Poland we still believe that this year there will be Polish victory, but honestly right now I can’t see it. In fact first hills appeared today, but the most difficult stages are coming tomorrow (Zakopane) and on Friday (Bukowina Tatrzańska), so everything still may happen. Your (Fede’s) Przemek Niemiec wants to win, Lampre looks strong, so who knows... (stupid hopes...).

    Last stage (on Saturday) will be in Kraków. It’s first time since many years that I really regret I won’t be in that city. They are going to ride soooo close to the place I was used to live... I would walk there like.. 3 minutes... and the stage seems to be fantastic! Eh, I can’t go to Kraków :(

    Anyway I recommend you all that race, there are some nice riders ;)

    RispondiElimina
  3. Cristin, you made me choke on my Hi-Ro cookies just now, with the "Lets all pretend I didn't just say that in public" comment--thank you, I needed a good laugh :) I sometimes cringe in embarrassment, at just how much delight I derive from watching Schleck-shenanigans, and humour.

    I'm still not over the synaptic process that enabled Andy to make a tenuous connection between vegetarianism, and a sex-change operation, from this classic video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0tVAQech7g&feature=related

    "And now he's a lady... so I don't want to be a vegetarian now".

    RispondiElimina
  4. oh!I really like this kind of posts !!!I had just decided to make a quick incursion into the page before leaving ( or better, before falling into madness packing my bags ;) ...but I guess it ll take a few time more!
    by the way, I found a nice interview, kind of ancient but interesting: can u image Andy talking about political events immediately after a race? wow;)


    then , I read some tweets by Frank about TVs, Dutch and Japanese journalists....could u find anything about????

    finally, in my top-schlecks' videos there's a video w\ Andy plying golf and talking about his first times...generally !!AHAH! did u ever see it? I can't stop laughing when he says somethng like " I had several problem w\ my first gf!!!"

    PS to Miss Fede: I totally trust u, so  eventually do what u want w\ the famous Giro-story w\out asking me ‘coz I m leaving and there where I am about to go, among mountains, internet connection is kind a phantom!!

    Bye girls
    Claudia

    RispondiElimina
  5. @susan
    I'm glad I made you laugh! :D
    Lol, I had completely forgot about that vegetarianism one. It is indeed a classic! Andy sometimes has the craziest ideas, doesn't he?

    RispondiElimina
  6. Claudia, I remember that video! It was from one of those Saxo Bank training camps, replete with cheesy synth music for comedic effect:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnvO9AGXdQ&feature=related

    "Is there anything that you can't do on the first try?"

    Andy: "Well I had problems with my first girlfriend."

    *uproarious laughter*

    Cristin, do you ever wonder why scientists waste time cloning sheep, when they could be cloning Andy? I feel like having a pocket-sized Andy to say amusing phrases, would make a lot of people happy... okay, it would make ME happy anyway :P

    RispondiElimina
  7. Lol, I'm sure they'd be much better off cloning Andy. That way, people might actually get interested. I sure would :)

    As I write this, I'm imagining a pocket-sized, skinny, big headed Andy being funny on my table. Priceless! Girl, you made my day. <3

    RispondiElimina
  8. @anon The interview Fränk Schleck tweeted about won't be broadcasted until this fall, but I am really looking forward to it because Ushi is a really funny tv show here in the Netherlands. I will let you know when it's available!

    I love post like this! :D hahaha That would be funny if they would clone him xD

    RispondiElimina
  9. THANK YOU, Kat!! Those evil Danes made that video geo-stricted but I'm so happy to see it anyway!!
    I like these posts, Fede :)
    Got nothing to add, although I do want to be Norwegian now.

    RispondiElimina
  10. Lol, I can't wait to see the hidden camera vid. :D

    RispondiElimina
  11. Cristin, I just want to thank you for not calling INTERPOL, to report my diabolical plans to clone Andy. I do like you bobblehead variation on it!

    Oh, and on Twitter, Natasha and I have discussed selling a line of Schleck language learning software, to rival Rosetta Stone. It would come with a free Fabianese translator! E.g. Minuet = minute

    RispondiElimina
  12. Fabianese translator! Oh, where did I see a tumblr with Fabianese dictionary... Agh, I can't remember... it was funny.

    RispondiElimina
  13. @ Cristin: The old car video has already become a Schleck-classic ;)

    For more info on the Fabianese translator, I think you should take a look at the 'Woman Man Fish and Bicycle' blog (link at your right, upper in the page). In fact, it was miss Sansen who published it on her tumblr!

    Laughing Sastre is cute, but laughing Menchov is creepy! It looks as if the guy, when he's embarassed, just bursts into laughter :P

    I don't really like Pozzato, so I wouldn't be that happy if he joined LT. But still, if I were Nygaard, I'd do everything I could to employ him. In fact, Pippo can be a very useful rider during the year: he could help his friend Fabian in the Classics (or ride there as a protected rider), he could target Sanremo (he's faster than Cancellara) and he could become a stage - hunter during the Giro and la Vuelta. In addition, employing Pozzato would be good also from the 'Public Relationships' point of view. Italian journalists adore him and, if Pippo raced the Giro for LT, the team (which isn't particularly loved here in Italy) would surely receive a lot of positive attention.

    That second vid is new to me and it is simply great! Frank taking off his trousers, wow! ;)

    @ Ania: You're completely right in pointing out the Tour de Pologne - unfortunately in the last few days I was too busy to watch it and write something about it. However, I did watch Sagan's victories, which were both incredible. I really like that guy and I think he has no limits as far as one-day races are concerned. And, in a few years time, he may even become a GT contender...
    Also Marcel Kittel has impressed me a lot in the last few days. He won three stages by outsprinting guys like Boonen, Haussler and Feillu... Wow!!

    I must admit that I really like Polish riders: they're few, but they're good!! Szmyd and Niemiec are two of the best helpers out there, whereas SB's Marycz (one of my favourite SB riders) has a lot of talent and is very brave.

    It's so annoying when races end so close, but still so far!!

    @ Susan: That video is another great one.

    Quote of the day: Andy (going fishing after Frank hasn't caught anything): 'Maybe I'll be more lucky. Or, perhaps, I'm just a better fisherman'. Brotherhood <3

    @ Claudia: Andy talking about politics? When? Where? Why? I'm afraid I missed that one!

    Now, let's be serious for a while: how can a woman possibly be unhappy with OGL? The guy is hilarious and good-looking and he also has a nice family, a wonderful brother, some very hot friends and a decent amount of money... Where's the problem??

    I did try to send you the article to your new e-mail address, but it looks like it didn't work :(

    Have a great time and a safe trip!

    @ Marleen: Thank you very much for the info, I didn't know about that interview!

    Re 'cloning Andy': what if I preferred Frankie? :P

    @ Mar: 'Evil Danes', LOL!!

    PS: Congratulate your lover on his victory also for me, dear ;)

    RispondiElimina
  14. @Fede
    As far as I'm concerned, Frankie can take his pants off in front of a camera anytime he'd like. I won't complain. ;-)

    Whoever said anything about women not loving OGL?

    @Claudia
    I don't know that one with the politics either?

    RispondiElimina
  15. OMG! in this rainy village..internet connection, u'r welcome! so, hi to everybody !sorry dudes, I failed to copy the link a few days ago so
    < http://www.lejdd.fr/Sport/Cyclisme/Actualite/Tour-de-France-les-tics-et-les-trucs-d-Andy-Schleck-352635/>
    unluckily they do not specify Andy’s opinion even if some years ago I read a nice double interview made by the disappeared Italian schleck fans club where Andy declared to be a socialist…if I can find it I will post the link!
    Fede, do not worry: it is not necessary me to read your translation, if u want to post it, just do but the story refers to so many months ago that, I fear, it would make quiet nonsense…maybe this winter when everybody will be filled by a nostalgic mood !hihi
    claudia

    RispondiElimina
  16. ah ..ok
    http://schleckfansite.blogspot.com/
    here the link..u will have to search among the posts...05/09/2008 is the date of the interview...it is in italian but easy to translate..

    claudia

    RispondiElimina
  17. @ Cristin: It was a reference to his first girlfriend ;) If they aren't a couple anymore, and if Andy says he had problems with her, it probably means that she didn't quite like him. Now I wonder: was she crazy?

    @ Claudia: OMG THAT INTERVIEW!!! Now I remember it!! It is the best Schleck-interview I've ever read - and guess what? It was in the very first post that I published on my blog, a long long long time ago! Oh, I'm a touched Fangirl!

    That other article is great too! Andy talking about Arabian revolutions, wow! The boy can face very serious topics ;) Thank you so much for pointing it out!

    I'm sorry to read that it's raining where you're staying :( Unfortunately this isn't a lucky year for those who want to have a sunny holiday!

    RispondiElimina