Good evening, dear readers! For your joy, miss Fede has decided to allow herself an evening of blogging, so tonight she's going to delight you with some random thoughts of hers.
First of all, an update on my exam preparations. I've studied the whole Italian programme, I'm halfway through the Latin programme and, most important, in the last two days I haven't studied anything because I didn't feel fine. However, not feeling fine didn't prevent me from finishing my 'tesina' ('little thesis'), which I had to give to my teacher this morning, after facing a lot of incredible adventures starring me, a printer and my computer.
Everything began exactly one week ago, when I sent an e-mail containing my 'tesina' ('little thesis') to my teacher. Two days ago he told me he would have taken a look at it in the afternoon, but in the evening I hadn't received the corrected copy yet. Yesterday morning therefore I was very nervous, both because I didn't feel fine and because I was worried by my teacher's delay. In fact I would have had to bring 3 copies of my tesina to school on the following morning (aka this morning) and I was worried by the fact that I had less than 24 hours of time to correct the eventual mistakes in it. My preoccupation became even stronger when, after talking to a friend of mine, she told me that that teacher had been terrible with her, since he corrected everything she had written.
As a consequence, yesterday I spent the whole day between the couch and the computer, with my eyes sore for watching the screen and a splitting headache tormenting me. Eventually, I received the long awaited e-mail at 8.30 pm.
After receiving the copy of my tesina and sending another urgent e-mail to my teacher in order to sort out the last details, I spent a hour (a hour!!) inserting the numbers at the end of each page of my research. It's sad to think that I threw away 60 minutes of my existence in that way, isn't it?
At about 10 o'clock, however, my tesina was ready to be printed. And, as predictable, that's where the drama began.
My work is 27 pages long and, after just 14 pages, my printer finished the ink. I immediately panicked, especially because I had to print 3 (3!) copies of my research and it was too late to find an open place where I could buy a new toner.
This morning therefore I woke up at 7.30, saved my tesina on a computer key and brought it to a place where they usually print documents and things like that. The owner was very kind, but he couldn't manage to print the damned thing. 'Problems with the format', he told me. Therefore I came back home and tried to write my tesina with a different format. Too bad that, after 30 minutes, I had managed to write in a decent way just 6 pages of it. I was a woman on the verge on a nervous breakdown when I eventually remembered that a shop in my town sells printer toners.
After other adventures and many nervous moments, at 10 o'clock I finally had three copies of my tesina in my hands. It was hard, but in the end I made it.
Anyway. Enough 'exam talks' for today, right? So, let's now talk serious things. Serious things like, for example, Tour de Suisse.
Sagan is incredible, isn't he? He won even today! And Kruijswijk got his first pro victory, isn't that sweet? What? Sorry, I didn't understand what you said. Could you repeat? Oh! You don't want to talk about Peter and Steven? Why? Oh, I see! Ok, then let's follow your advice and let's talk about the mistery of the month: Andy Schleck's behaviour in Tour de Suisse.
As you probably already know, OGL has been in the center of harsh critics in the last days, because many people rate his performances in the Swiss race as 'disappointing'. In fact our boy lost a lot of time already in the prologue (but on that occasion it wasn't entirely his fault), failed in his attempt to win yesterday's stage (he was second after an amazing De Gendt) and, most worrying, the other day he arrived 15 minutes after the stage winner, Kruijswijk. I know that he might have got dropped intentionally on that occasion, but this thing worries me a bit anyway. In fact, why should a rider like Andy decide to lose so much time in a race that, on paper, should suit him?
The lively debate that is going around the Luxembourger in these days has seen people adopting two main different attitudes. Here they are:
Attitude 1 (typical of the faithful, entusiasthic supporters of OGL): 'There's nothing to worry about, men! Andy didn't do that well in last year's TdS either, but in the end he was second in the Tour anyway, wasn't he? And yesterday he almost won a stage, didn't you see it on tv? He's still training, that's why he doesn't look very brilliant on the climbs. Moreover, he doesn't want to show his true shape to the adversaries, so he's bluffing in order to confuse them! That's why he got dropped the other day! And then, our boy needs the Tour de France pressure to give his best, so I bet that at the end of July he'll be on the first spot of that famous podium in Paris!'
Attitude 2 (typical of the skeptical supporters who don't like Andy): 'Schleck the Younger has made a big mistake with his Tour preparation this year, even a guy like De Gendt could drop him! Contador will ride much faster than him in July. I mean, Schleck lost 15 minutes from Kruijswijk the other day, if he goes on this way, he won't even be able to end up on the Tour podium in Paris! However, I must admit I'm glad to see that things are going this way. In fact, if he really fails to get on the Tour podium, next year Andy Schleck may decide to focus on more than just one race pro year and that would be great because, right now, he can't be considered a real champion. In fact, real champions are those who always race for winning, not those who bluff in races or race just to train'.
As everyone can see, both the attitudes mentioned above have some weak points. For example, saying that a rider needs 'the Tour pressure' to do well, imo, is non-sense. Especially because, if you're talking about Andy, you must remember that he won Liége in 2009 - and in Liége there isn't the same pressure as in the Tour...
On the other hand, I think it's wrong to say that OGL focuses just on one race pro year. In fact, this year he tried his luck also in Liége and Amstel. Moreover, De Gendt is very talented and not being able to annihilate the gap from him on a climb it's not something to be ashamed of.
In spite of this, however, the thing that annoys me the most is that I think that both these attitudes could be correct. 'Is Andy Schleck bluffing / still training or not?' :That is the question that rings in the mind of every single cycling supporter of the world in these days. And, probably, the only one who owns the answer to this question is Andy Schleck himself.
Personally, I think OGL will be in a perfect shape in the Tour. Anyway, this doesn't prevent me from feeling confused when I look at his TdS's performances.
The other day on Grosse Scheidegge, for example, Andy showed a really good form and it looked as if he was almost training. But then, as soon as the race for the stage victory began, he decided to disappear. Intentional decision ('I'm bluffing/ I don't want to lose too much energy/ I don't want to feel too strong already in this part of the year') or not? That is the question.
As far as yesterday is concerned, then, OGL entered a breakway, but failed to get the stage victory. 'Things that happen', you may think. Too bad that, imo, if someone wants to bluff, he doesn't enter a breakaway in order to win a stage...
Actually, I must admit that imo the whole 'Andy is bluffing/is just training' theory (which I support) has a worrying side and also a weak point.
First of all: we all know that Andy's been often criticised because he doesn't always race at a very high level during the year. In the past I've often defended this attitude of his ('He can't be in a super shape 12 months of the year! And then, in the last 3 seasons he always had problems that prevented him from keeping regular performances throughout the year') but, if he's really taking part in TdS just in order to bluff / train, well, that would be very disappointing for me. In fact TdS is the most important race in stages after the 3 GTs and, imo, it should be respected. In fact, Andy is just 26 and I don't want him to focus just on the Tour already at this age. Also because, if he starts using races in order to bluff / train at this age, I think many supporters could turn their backs at him very soon.
Back to the 'bluff' theory, then, there's a little doubt that is worrying me in these days. Here it is: if Andy's already in a good shape, why hiding it? I mean: if Andy is in a good condition, wouldn't it be better if he showed it? In that way he'd silence all the critics, he'd respect a race like TdS (making all the supporters happier) and, by getting a good placement in the final GC, he'd probably make his adversaries feel less confident at the start of the Tour. That's the weak point of the 'bluff / training theory' and that is a thing that worries me a lot.
As you can see, the debate around Andy's behaviour in the Swiss race is not just lively - it is also very complex. I think Andy's bluffing / still training, but I don't like this fact. And, at the same time, I have some doubts about why Andy should bluff in such an important race, with 2 weeks to the start of the Tour.
So, here you could read my random, chaotic, confused ideas. And you, what do you think of Andy's behaviour? Is he bluffing / training or is he really having preparation problems?


Hey Fede -good luck with all your studies. It sounds so complex. Is this all for the finish of high school? How does your education system work? Here in Oz we do preprimary to year 7- is called primary school,year 8-year 12 is high school. In year 12 you do university entrance exams if that what you want to do. These exams are pretty stressful. Then if you get the scores you need then you may get accepted into the course you want at university. Otherwise some go to college or do apprenticeships etc. Certainly no philosphy at school level- that I'm aware of.
RispondiEliminaRegarding Andy and his Tour prep. Well conversation is certainly heated around some sites. I like OGL and I like LT. I want Andy to win the TDF. In regards to his form now, well I don't think he is bluffing. He is quite erratic in his performances. Hard to tell what/how he is going to do. Sometimes I think he is not applying himself enough but then you see his post race interview and he says he has given it all.He is certainly not consistent. You can never predict what he is going to achieve in a race.
Going by his latest form I would think he is in trouble for the TDF. But this is how he has been for the past 2 years that I have followed him. But I am certain that in 3 weeks time when it starts that he will be great and hopefully win. It just seems to be what he always does.
I think OGL is great. Do I think he is going to be one of the legends of cycling? Well unless something amazing happens then I would have to say no.I would really like to see him win one of the Ardennes(again) or anything really.Not just the TDF- if/when he does.
I think even though he says he is not a one race rider, the fact he only really shines in the TDF is why so many hard core ( especially male) cycling fans don't respect him.They seem to imply that he just can't be bothered in all other races than the TDF and this offends them.
I have said before I have issues with LT's pr machine. I think actions should always come before words and I think there has been so much talking up of the team via the pr people that it has been to the riders detriment.
I think LT will be a much stronger 'team' come 2012.
But come the TDF I will be cheering for OGL -yay 3 weeks of sleep deprivation- and I hope he wins (and reaaaaaaallly hope that Cadel isn't the suprise winner).
Jen
Sounds like you had a horrible printer-adventure there! I almost panicked, remembering the times where things like that has happened to me. I'm actually having one myself at the moment, though not quite as pressing but still really, really annoying. I'm trying to print the application papers for uni but my dad's printer ran out of ink. Luckily, I have my own printer but it has decided for reasons unknown to cut out the bottom part of the papers. So now I'm sitting here, seething, and I'm really glad you'd decided to write this to distract me :P
RispondiEliminaOn to the cycling topic: I don't think Andy is bluffing. It wouldn't make sense. Why should he bluff? It would be much smarter to look convincing and make his rivals sweat a little. (Especially Bertie, who has now admitted that he is tired after the Giro).
But I'm not that worried either. There are still two weeks left and he doesn't necessarily have to be in top-top-top condition for the first week. I admit I was worried after the stage Kruijswijk won and I think he was too - which is probably why he entered the break the next day. To really test himself. And I think he can be happy with his second place on that stage.
He's also been helping Jakob and Fränk which is another form of testing and training. And maybe that's better - to dig deep and then fall back instead of being constantly under pressure as a GC-contender.
Andy really wants to win the Tour. Lots of cyclists want to win the Tour but it must really be bugging Andy by now, being up against someone as talented and complete as Bertie. His big dream is to win the Tour and he's sacrificing a lot to do that - which is necessary. Which of the Tour favourites does well all year round? Apart from Bertie, that is. It doesn't give lots of respect to only focus on one race (which, I agree with you, Fede, he doesn't) but it's his dream. And I like to think that when he wins this year (ha, ha, I'm not biased at all xD) he'll look to the Giro, maybe, or at least change his season a bit in order to go for other races too.
And Sagan is incredible!
With under two weeks to go until the start of the Tour, I don't think now would be the time to put on a subterfuge that you aren't in form--besides, guile, employing stratagems, and playing mind games, aren't characteristics I would ascribe to the Schlecks. Especially not Fränk, who seems to ride in earnest, and tries his best no matter what the end result. He endeared himself to me at Amstel this year, when he sort of dribbled his bike in frustration after the chain popped--it told me that the race meant a lot to him, and that he doesn't treat the Classics as a training ground for the Tour.
RispondiEliminaI think erratic is a very apt word to use Jen--in the year I've been following cycling more closely, it does seem that there's a disjunction between what Andy is capable of achieving, what is expected of him, and his actual results. Are the expectations realistic, or is it something that the media, his fans, and critics have created, perhaps as a consequence of the fact that he tends to peak in the sport's most arguably high-profile race?
Am I the only one that thinks it's propitious that Fränk, Jakob, and Linus have had pretty consistent results leading up to the Tour? I think this bodes very well for the team, and its objectives in France. To me, that's one of the more unique aspects of cycling, that individual glory is very much a team effort.
I think Leopard Trek's PR team have commited another gaffe in printing the story about Frank's third placement at the Tour de Suisse. Whoever wrote the article, made it sound like the Rabobank rider, Mollema, couldn't keep up with the breakaway group--apparently, he punctured a tire. When I checked the article an hour ago, it was literally flooded with seriously irate comments from Rabobank / Dutch supporters:
http://www.leopardtrek.lu/news/moving-fr-nk-schleck-now-third-suisse
I wonder if the lack of radio communication contributed to this? Or if it was a deliberate strategy by LT to put Fränk in 3rd position overall--and if so, what on earth for? Is it worth alienating other team's that might help you next month, for 3rd place at the Tour de Suisse? I'll be a little sad if this was intentional, as I would hope Leopard Trek are above attacking an opponent on a mechanical.
Woohoo, a comment by me that stayed on topic this time! :P
Oh, and Fede, your high school exams, and liceo curriculum, sound more challenging than University-level courses here. It's kind of depressing for me, but on the positive side, you could come over here and teach!
According to hubby who rides in amateur races, it was important for Andy to ride well and test himself in the TdS, but not to dig too deep because it would take too long to recover. That could explain Andy’s inconsistent and slightly disconcerting performance. :p I’m with you though, Miss Fede. I have faith in Andy, and I sort of understand his mindset. I don't think motivation is enough, of course he has to be in good physical shape, but Andy does seem to thrive under pressure. And in fairness to OGL, he understands his body better than commentators and fans.
RispondiEliminaWell, I wish them the best. I hate all the negativity directed at them right now, especially with the Mollema situation. I won't call it unsportsmanlike, because to me a race is a race - only a few exceptions merit a wait. But it wasn't a savvy move either. :p
Anyhoo, great work on your studies Miss Fede!
And Kruijswijk and Sagan were amazing! Definitely worth noting. :) :)
what a mess!I fully understand u! 5 min relax just to read your blogand to tell u I sent my translation..but obviously I m not shure u received it;) claudia
RispondiEliminaHello everyone, dear readers! Some news regarding cycling:
RispondiEliminaFirst of all, poor Cunego lost Tds just because of 4 damned seconds. Fabian won the final TT, whereas the overall winner was Leipheimer.
Second news du jour: Rabobank and Omega have revealed their line ups for the Tour. The big (even if quite predictable) surprise is that Breschel is not taking part in the French race.
Still talking about team lines-ups for the Tour, an Australian newspaper has written something about SB's team, but a spokesperson from the Danish squad has said that the journalists who wrote the article is wrong.
Last but not least, Gadret is going to take part in the Tour, although AG2R's leader will be Nicolas Roche (yay!).
@ Jen: Thank you very much for wishing me good luck, dear - I'm really gonna need it!
Here in Italy, in order to finish high school you need to get a score of 60 out of 100 in the final high school exam - then you get a wonderful sheet of paper that will allow you to go to university or to get a job (unfortunately, getting a job isn't as easy as it sounds :P).
In Italy we have the 'scuole elementari', from year 1 (when the children are 5 or 6) to year 5. Then we have 'scuole medie' (year 6 to 8) and then there are 'scuole superiori', which go from year 9 to 13 (my year right now).
At the end of the superiori there is the infamous 'Maturità' (which starts in less than 36 hours D: ), an exam after which one can choose whether to go to university or not.
To enter some university courses you need to get a high score at Maturità, whereas to enter other ones you need to pass a test. To make everything even more complex to explain, there are also university courses (like the 'languages' one) that don't request any entrance test. Hope I was clear! :)
I think Andy will be in perfect shape for the Tour. Perhaps he's made some little mistakes with the Tour preparation, but I think he'll be okay in July.
I remember that last year Conti had some problems with his Tour prep too, but then he won anyway. Hopefully the same things will happen this year to OGL! :D
Talking about Andy and his chances to become a cycling legend, I think we must consider that he won a Liége when he was just 23 - which is a very special thing. Moreover, on his path he's met a true champion like Contador and dopers like Rebellin and Di Luca. Otherwise, he would have already won a Fleche Wallonne, a Giro and two Tours. In other words, he'd already be a living legend ;)
I really do hope our man will be able to win the Tour this year, also because then I think he'll start focusing on other races.
Talking about this topic, I remember that Frank once said that the sponsors often force the riders to take part in certain races rather than in other ones. But still, I smell a rat about this thing. I mean: sponsors may force you to take part in the Tour rather than in the Giro, but they don't prevent you from racing Milan-Sanremo, the Worlds or Tour of Lombardy... :P
I know that in the last years the brothers have always had problems preventing them to ride those races, but I really hope that this year they'll manage to take part at least in the Italian races in October. In that way, supporters would appreciate them more than they do now.
I think LT's Prs are actually creating a few problems to the team, especially because imo LT hasn't lived up to the expectations yet.
I mean, Fabian had a great spring and Bennati was second in Gand - Wevelgem, but at the end of the year the only thing that counts are the victories. And, unfortunately, LT hasn't got any striking success yet this year :P
Oh, Cadel as a surprise winner of the Tour, that would be something! Personally, I'd like to see Basso on the Paris podium, but I think this Tour will be a hard challenge for him.
If I had to choose a surprise winner, I probably wouldn't pick Leipheimer - his racing style is soooo boring!
@ Susanne: Printers are the most annoying things in the world - they run out of ink every time one needs them.
RispondiEliminaI was so nervous on Saturday morning, luckily I managed to solve things up before 10.30!
I hope you've managed to solve your problem with your printer too!!
Bertie said he's tired after the Giro? That's great! I don't think I could stand another GT victory of his...
The fact that Andy has always helped his teammates really cheers me up, because that is really good training for the Tour. Yay!
I agree with you about the fact that, after winning the Tour this year (eheh), OGL will focus also on other races. Andy, what about winning Giro and Vuelta next year? ;)
@ Figbash: I think that, at least from the outside, Frank tries to win every race he takes part in, whereas Andy apparently doesn't always give his best. Of couse, this happens also because Andy often helps Frank on many occasions throughout the year...
I don't think Andy should bluff at this time of the year. And, after seeing how his mind games against Conti ended up at last year Tour, I think he'd better give them up :P
'Honesty is the best policy', so why pretending not to be in good form? Really, it makes no sense...
Talking about Andy's chances to win races, I think he can win (almost) everything he wants. I think that people's expectations on him are so high because OGL really amazed everyone back in 2007, when he was 2nd in his first GT at just 21 years of age. And now, everyone expects him to be always on that level.
Actually, ss I said also to @ Jen, we must also consider that, if Andy hadn't met guys like Rebellin, Di Luca and Contador on his path, he would have already won two Tours, a Giro and a Fleche. And we mustn't forget that the boy was 5th in the Olympic Games a few years ago, after showing that he was the strongest man of the field.
I think LT will have a very good team for the Tour. Andy, Frank, Jakob, Stuart, Jens, Maxime, Linus, Cancellara... Simply perfect!
I didn't see the last kms of that stage, so I don't know if LT really accelerated after Mollema's puncture or not. However, imo lying about the reason why Bauke got dropped wasn't a very clever move. In fact, in the Giro we've seen that it doesn't take much to find allies in the peloton (Contador had all the Spaniards on his side), but someone shouldn't forget that it's also very easy to create enemies.
I think Rabobank will have one of the best teams at the Tour, so I'd be very worried if we had them as enemies.
Really, LT's prs are not making friends anywhere - not in the peloton, not in the press ('write LEOPARD TREK, as if the other teams were inferior to us!') and not amongst the supporters :(
I think radio communication had nothing to do with what happened with Bauke - the guys had radios (I saw Andy talking on it the other day) and there is a special radio channel that tells the riders when someone punctures. So, the lack of radio communication can't actually be considered an excuse (unfortunately for the LT guys).
Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to come to Canada and teach - my degree wouldn't worth anything over there! D:
@ Natasha: I think your husband may be right about Andy :)
RispondiEliminaAs I already said, I didn't see what happened with Mollema, so I don't know if his puncture could be an exception to the 'the race is race' rule. But still, lying about it on the official website wasn't that clever, especially because Mollema is a good time trialist and he could have improved his GC ranking in the last stage.
Actually, 'unsportmanlikeness' seems to be the word of the week in Cycledom - even Terpstra rated Omega as unsportsmanlike the other day!
Thank you for wishing me good work on my studies, dear! :)
@ Claudia: I've checked my inbox and I saw your e-mail, thanks for telling me! I probably hadn't seen it because of the amount of other mails from my teacher and from my classmates, sorry for that!
Unfortunately I'm not ready with the translation yet :( I'm drowing in a sea of homeworks - 'e il naufragar non m'è affatto dolce in questo mare!!!!'
I had my mum buy ink for the printer and I thought all would be good but then it started acted out! It took hours of me rebooting the computer and the printer before it finally decided to work (for no apparent reason). But luckily it wasn't that pressing.
RispondiEliminaYes, OGL, please ride the Giro next year! :D
I wanted to say something about the Mollema-incident but I'm too tired, ha, ha xD
I posted my opinion about the Mollema incident on another blog, but was told that if I just opened my eyes and used common sense I would see that I was wrong. Oh, well. I should have known better. Instead, I will give my opinion here here where civility and courtesy rule.
RispondiEliminaI find it so ironic that LT is being accused of attacking an opponent during a mechanical. Given all the bad publicity that surrounded Chaingate last year, you would think they would know better.
Given that Contador spent the Giro making friends and allies, it doesn't seem very wise to piss off your opponents just before the TDF. They have made an enemy of Rabobank now.
Sometimes I think the LT management are trying to shoot themselves in the foot. They certainly could use a refresher course on PR.
Brenda
@ Susanne: Great to know that you solved your problems with the printer! Those stupid things are so annoying!
RispondiEliminaWhen he was second in 2007, Andy said he would have come back to the Giro as soon as he could. 4 years later, I'm still waiting :P
@ Brenda: I've seen what happened on that other blog and I want you to know that you have all my support (*hug*). You don't deserve such a bad treatment, because you're always very polite and you always express your opinions (which always have a solid ground) kindly. You're also very frank since, when you know your opinions have a solid basis, you're never afraid of criticising los Schlecks and their team. Probably that's what causes other people to attack you: you're very impartial when you express your opinions and this, for certain supporters, is an unforgivable defect.
I know by experience that certain arguments (even if they're just on a blog) can have a bad influence on a whole day/week, but I suggest you not getting too angry for what has happened: really, it doesn't worth it.
On to cycling :)
I agree with you about the irony behind Rabobank's polemics with LT and also about the PR strategy of the team.
What worries me the most is that the PRs at LT seem so focused on praising their riders that they forget that the people who read what they write/hear what they say have a brain too. By writing that article about TdS they wanted to praise Frank and the team, so they made it look as if Bauke had got dropped because he couldn't keep the pace of the peloton.
I didn't see the race, and I usually agree with the 'the race is race' motto, but I think that no one disagrees about the fact that LT PRs were really unwise in writing that article in that way. And imo they were even more unwise in not admitting their mistake and in not apologising to Rabobank.
As you say, now it's likely that Rabobank will look for revenge in the Tour. And the idea of having guys like Mollema and Gesink against my favourite team doesn't appeal to me :P
Still talking about the LT's PRs, I hope I wasn't the only one who felt ashamed while reading Nygaard's words about Andy's form. I can understand that he wants to defend his rider (that's completely right), but imo saying that Andy was the strongest guy on the Swiss climbs is very arrogant and disrespectful. Imo saying things like that just has the effect of creating enemies inside the peloton and dislikers amongst the supporters. A guy like Kruijswijk (or like Cunego or like De Gendt), for example, could ask: 'If Schleck was the strongest, where was he when I won that stage?', whereas supporters will probably have a very spontaneous thought: 'if he was the strongest, why didn't he win any stage / didn't even arrive in the top 10?'
Really, LT's PRs seem better at creating problems than at anything else.
Oh, and still talking about them: will we ever get to know the team's line-up before the start of the Tour? Or am I asking too much?
Here on the Dutch/Flemish blogs there was such an incredible aggressive tone towards Leopard Trek, it was just scary. There's been talking about pushing the guys down at Alpe d'Huez, the so-called "Dutch mountain". Real terrible.
RispondiEliminaI hope the riders from Rabo bank and Leopard found a way to come somewhat friendlier again. After all it did not affect the final outcome of TdS I think. But still I'm afraid of the hate of those super nationalists of my country. The short-sightedness of those people is so disgusting.
About the KOM jersey, I think Andy deserved it more than lots and lots KOM winners at TdF. And maybe Nygaard was even right, because maybe Andy was faster than the others to cross ALL the mountains. (Maybe it's just me who want to keep hopes high)
Really Barbara? That is terrible! I also thought it wasn't nice of LT to lie about the situation and all that, but it's ridiculous to start insulting riders/teams and talking about pushing them :( I hope this won't lead to scary situations at the TdF.. I remember last year, with Barredo and Rui Costa.. not quite funny! Although using that wheel was pretty hilarious.. but violence is not the answer! ;)
RispondiEliminaAHAHAH dear Fede! I 'd prefer to study a Leopard....better then Leopardi I guess;) ;)
RispondiEliminasomewhere I read about Waka Waka...I can't believe: I did the same last year..every every day..before starting study Waka waka...before going to bed Notte prima degli esami!And it worked...so keep on listening Fede!I was lucky also 'coz at that time Andy was still writing his diary on cyclingnews...so it was kinda like I was preparing to approach "my personal tour" .
claudia
@ Barbara: I can understand supporters being angry at someone, but saying 'I'll push that rider off of his bike during the Tour' is unforgivable. It can be a joke, ok, but it's not funny.
RispondiEliminaUnfortunately I'm afraid that Rabobank and LT won't make peace before of the Tour. Now we just need to hope the Leopards will be able to give Rabobank a favour during the first week of race, otherwise I fear that Rabo will try to create lots of problems to our guys :(
As far as the final result of TDS is concerned, I don't think that Mollema could have won the race, but I do believe he could have got a top 3 result. For a young rider like him, it would have been important.
Unfortunately the KOM jersey isn't based on the amount of time that a rider takes to pass all the mountains in a race, but on the number of points that a rider gets by arriving first at the top of a climb. Andy got all his points in two stages (the Grosse Scheidegge one and the one when he arrived second) and on those days he actually did climb very well. But then, one day he lost 15 minutes from Kruijswijk. A guy like Cunego, on the other hand, climbed very well every day. That's why I think it was unfair from LT to say that Schleck was the best climber in Switzerland. Because yes, he did win the KOM jersey, but if you really are the fastest man on the climbs, then Maths says that you should also be one the fastest men in the GT - and, unfortunately, this didn't happen with our boy (not in Suisse, at least).
Btw, let's not get desperate: I'm sure Andy will be in a perfect form in the next 4 weeks :D
@ Marleen: Violence is not the answer, definitely. However, if someone threatens Andy again, I think the Fangirls' Army should go to France in order to be ready to defend its Glorious Leader (and enjoy the race at the same time) ;)
@ Claudia: Studying a Leopard rather than Leopardi, that sounds interesting!
I actually do feel like a cyclist in these days: eat that, don't eat that; do that, don't do that; increase your learning power, decrease your will to have fun; go to bed early, wake up early and don't go out in the evenings.
Luckily everything will be over on Saturday!!!!
I'll listen to your advice: Waka Waka before the start, Notte Prima degli Esami before going to sleep. And while studying, let's listen to auntie Ania's lucky song (it's a long story ;) and to 'I will survive' by Gloria Gaynor. And to remember the good old times at school, 'Pompo nelle casse' (one of my friends put it on every day during the last month of school, so I know it by heart) and 'Rap Futuristico' (again, one of my friends forced me to listen to it during the last weeks of school - I don't usually listen to these 'tamarrate' :P)
PS: I haven't managed to review your translation yet. Btw, after Saturday I'll get down to it :)