Good evening everyone, dear readers. The serious races have finally started but, unfortunately for me, I haven't managed to watch any of them on real time yet. In fact, first of all, Italian tv didn't broadcast Eroica Strade Bianche until 19.30 of Saturday (at 20.oo of that day Fangirl was cheering happily for the riders, when Logic suddenly told her: 'They stopped racing 4 hours ago, so why the hell are you screaming in such a loud way?'- Fangirl was so shocked that she stopped screaming for good!); then, me had to miss the first stage of Paris-Nice because 'Come on, it is Carnival day! You can't stay the whole day trapped inside your house to watch a cycling race! You'll have plenty of time for that during the year!', Logic told Fangirl; moreover, I had to miss the second stage of P-N because I was 'working'. Therefore, I'm honoured to tell you that, on the 7th of March 2011, my personal cycling situation is the following: zero races seen on real time on television, zero races seen 'live' and a few races seen in the evening. I guess it's useless to add that my cycling withdrawal syntomps are getting worse than even.
Anyway. Let's talk cycling and, more precisely, let's talk Eroica Strade Bianche. First of all, I must say that I made a beginner's mistake when I didn't include Gilbert in my podium prediction. He won Tour of Lombardy in October 2010, he's won Eroica in March 2011. A monster. Ladies, watch out for him in Sanremo!
During the race, I was happily surprised to see some riders riding better than expected. For example, Andy Schleck seemed in a good form and he worked hard to help Cancellara. Fabian could keep the pace of riders like Hesjedal and Cunego also on some of the toughest climbs and, of course, this is a very good news. Also O'Grady was very good, just like Fabian Wegmann. Talking about Fab the Blonde, I'm afraid I may a little crush on him. He always looks so sweet and cute! And I can always recognise him by looking at his riding style. Strange.
However, miss Fede didn't pay attention just to Leopard Trek's guys. In fact, me really liked Rocchetti's performance (the boy's got talent, he goes on a breakaway whenever he can!) and I was extremely glad to see Cunego and Ballan up there again. In fact, Alessandro had disappeared from supporter's radars in 2009 and it's great to see that he's finally back at a top level.
Also Gatto rode surprisingly well, considering that he's a sprinter. Also Jure Kocjan, that rides for Team Type 1, got a very good 4th place.
Amongst the best riders, imo, there were also the young Craig Lewis and Przemyslaw Niemiec. The Polish rider was simply great and he worked very hard in order to help his captain Cunego. Moreover, he allowed me to show my familiars my great Polish skills, since I pronounced his name without any problems. 'How can you do that?', they asked. 'Misteri della Fede', I answered.
On to the 'disappointing riders' du day, I expected more from Sagan and Oss. As far as Hesjedal is concerned, I predicted him as likely winner of the race, but he couldn't resist Gilbert's final attack. However, I really liked the way he rode because, although he wasn't in a good condition, Ryder tried hard to make the race harder.
Talking about Paris-Nice, I could watch yesterday's stage at dinner-time. Jens Voigt was part of a great 3 men breakaway and his companions were Thomas De Gendt and Jeremy Roy. These 3 riders are very good when it comes to riding fast on a flat terrain, so they could arrive at the flamme rouge with a few seconds of advantage on the peloton. The escapers were really loyal to each other (none of them skipped his turn to pull and they didn't waste time looking at each other in the final meters of the race) and, in spite of the large, long road that led to the finish, they could cross the finish-line before of the peloton guys. Or, at least, that's what Thomas De Gendt and Jeremy Roy could do. Voigt in fact was outsprinted by Haussler, Sagan and Henderson and came 6th. De Gendt instead could raise his arms to the sky, while Roy got a second place.
However, is this just me, or was De Gendt wearing a Fugl-scarf during the race?
On to today's stage of the race (which I'm off to see in 15 minutes time), it was won by Henderson in front of Goss, Galimzyanov (the boy is strong, I've already told you that!), Haussler and Sagan.
The stage was very nervous because there was strong wind and everyone wanted to stay at the front of the race. Vinokourov apparently made a great work at the front with his team (you've gotta love that man), while Frank Schleck and Jakob Fuglsang crashed. They both managed to end the race (Jakob arrived 1 minute after the winner) and they both seem likely to continue the race. Frank's crash was said to be 'without consequences', while Fuglsang's one as a bit more serious. I've found something about it on http://www.fyens.dk/article/1802006:Sport--Leopard-afskriver-Fuglsang-med-snitsaar and I tried to translate it with Google. According to it, Kim Andersen said that Jakob (why does Google keep on calling him 'James'?) 'got hurt seriously in a lot of places. He also had a deep cut in one hand, which bled a lot. However, he seems able to continue the race, although I don't know what his results will be. Jakob had to stop because Frank had crashed and, when he stopped, another rider hit him with his bike. Fuglsang's bike was damaged, so he needed a new one. After changing it, Jakob started to chase the peloton but, when he arrived at a roundabout, he entered it too fast and he fell'. Hopefully our boy will feel better soon.
Talking about other news, in the comment area of the previous post I mentioned Michael Matthews' victory in Vuelta a Murcia. You're not interested in knowing who won the overall title and the last stage, are you? Anyway, 3rd on the last stage (a ITT) was Denis Menchov (yay!!), second was the surprising Coppel, 4th was Dowsett, 5th Kiryenka and 6th was Saxo Banker Manuele Boaro, who is a very promising athlete.
As far as the second stage of the race is concerned, the only thing to know is that Menchov was second and Coppel 3rd.
Here above you have a picture of Menchov who, in spite of the great news he's received today, doesn't look that smiley. 'What great news?, I hear you ask. Simple: his team was invited to the Giro. Yay for Menchov!
The great thing is that Zomegnan managed to get the permission to invite 23 teams, and not 22, to the Italian Grand Tour, so that not only Geox will be riding in the Belpaese in May, but together with it and the other 18 ProTour teams there will be also Acqua&Sapone, Androni Gocattoli, Colnago-CSF and Farnese Vini (as I had predicted ;).
On to other news regarding Paris-Nice, Frank Schleck has said that, in his opinion, the race is likely to be won by Toni Martin. Vinokourov instead has said he'll go for a stage victory. Can't wait for that! In the meanwhile, I'm going to catch up with today's stage, whose broadcast is starting in 30 seconds time ;)
Anyway. Let's talk cycling and, more precisely, let's talk Eroica Strade Bianche. First of all, I must say that I made a beginner's mistake when I didn't include Gilbert in my podium prediction. He won Tour of Lombardy in October 2010, he's won Eroica in March 2011. A monster. Ladies, watch out for him in Sanremo!
During the race, I was happily surprised to see some riders riding better than expected. For example, Andy Schleck seemed in a good form and he worked hard to help Cancellara. Fabian could keep the pace of riders like Hesjedal and Cunego also on some of the toughest climbs and, of course, this is a very good news. Also O'Grady was very good, just like Fabian Wegmann. Talking about Fab the Blonde, I'm afraid I may a little crush on him. He always looks so sweet and cute! And I can always recognise him by looking at his riding style. Strange.However, miss Fede didn't pay attention just to Leopard Trek's guys. In fact, me really liked Rocchetti's performance (the boy's got talent, he goes on a breakaway whenever he can!) and I was extremely glad to see Cunego and Ballan up there again. In fact, Alessandro had disappeared from supporter's radars in 2009 and it's great to see that he's finally back at a top level.
Also Gatto rode surprisingly well, considering that he's a sprinter. Also Jure Kocjan, that rides for Team Type 1, got a very good 4th place.
Amongst the best riders, imo, there were also the young Craig Lewis and Przemyslaw Niemiec. The Polish rider was simply great and he worked very hard in order to help his captain Cunego. Moreover, he allowed me to show my familiars my great Polish skills, since I pronounced his name without any problems. 'How can you do that?', they asked. 'Misteri della Fede', I answered.
On to the 'disappointing riders' du day, I expected more from Sagan and Oss. As far as Hesjedal is concerned, I predicted him as likely winner of the race, but he couldn't resist Gilbert's final attack. However, I really liked the way he rode because, although he wasn't in a good condition, Ryder tried hard to make the race harder.
Talking about Paris-Nice, I could watch yesterday's stage at dinner-time. Jens Voigt was part of a great 3 men breakaway and his companions were Thomas De Gendt and Jeremy Roy. These 3 riders are very good when it comes to riding fast on a flat terrain, so they could arrive at the flamme rouge with a few seconds of advantage on the peloton. The escapers were really loyal to each other (none of them skipped his turn to pull and they didn't waste time looking at each other in the final meters of the race) and, in spite of the large, long road that led to the finish, they could cross the finish-line before of the peloton guys. Or, at least, that's what Thomas De Gendt and Jeremy Roy could do. Voigt in fact was outsprinted by Haussler, Sagan and Henderson and came 6th. De Gendt instead could raise his arms to the sky, while Roy got a second place.
However, is this just me, or was De Gendt wearing a Fugl-scarf during the race?
On to today's stage of the race (which I'm off to see in 15 minutes time), it was won by Henderson in front of Goss, Galimzyanov (the boy is strong, I've already told you that!), Haussler and Sagan.The stage was very nervous because there was strong wind and everyone wanted to stay at the front of the race. Vinokourov apparently made a great work at the front with his team (you've gotta love that man), while Frank Schleck and Jakob Fuglsang crashed. They both managed to end the race (Jakob arrived 1 minute after the winner) and they both seem likely to continue the race. Frank's crash was said to be 'without consequences', while Fuglsang's one as a bit more serious. I've found something about it on http://www.fyens.dk/article/1802006:Sport--Leopard-afskriver-Fuglsang-med-snitsaar and I tried to translate it with Google. According to it, Kim Andersen said that Jakob (why does Google keep on calling him 'James'?) 'got hurt seriously in a lot of places. He also had a deep cut in one hand, which bled a lot. However, he seems able to continue the race, although I don't know what his results will be. Jakob had to stop because Frank had crashed and, when he stopped, another rider hit him with his bike. Fuglsang's bike was damaged, so he needed a new one. After changing it, Jakob started to chase the peloton but, when he arrived at a roundabout, he entered it too fast and he fell'. Hopefully our boy will feel better soon.
Talking about other news, in the comment area of the previous post I mentioned Michael Matthews' victory in Vuelta a Murcia. You're not interested in knowing who won the overall title and the last stage, are you? Anyway, 3rd on the last stage (a ITT) was Denis Menchov (yay!!), second was the surprising Coppel, 4th was Dowsett, 5th Kiryenka and 6th was Saxo Banker Manuele Boaro, who is a very promising athlete.
As far as the second stage of the race is concerned, the only thing to know is that Menchov was second and Coppel 3rd.
Here above you have a picture of Menchov who, in spite of the great news he's received today, doesn't look that smiley. 'What great news?, I hear you ask. Simple: his team was invited to the Giro. Yay for Menchov!The great thing is that Zomegnan managed to get the permission to invite 23 teams, and not 22, to the Italian Grand Tour, so that not only Geox will be riding in the Belpaese in May, but together with it and the other 18 ProTour teams there will be also Acqua&Sapone, Androni Gocattoli, Colnago-CSF and Farnese Vini (as I had predicted ;).
On to other news regarding Paris-Nice, Frank Schleck has said that, in his opinion, the race is likely to be won by Toni Martin. Vinokourov instead has said he'll go for a stage victory. Can't wait for that! In the meanwhile, I'm going to catch up with today's stage, whose broadcast is starting in 30 seconds time ;)
Have a good night everyone and don't forget to take a look at the comment area of my previous post. If you're interested in working at Leela, Mar, Marleen, Susanne and Fede's cycling blog, you're still on time to join us! ;)
(first picture by Bettini, second one by Isabelle Duchesne, third one by Rafa Gomez)

@Fede, translating James for Jacob(us) is a biblical custom. In North-West European languages a lot is still bible-based, because of the Protestants translations of it (e.g. st. James Bible in the U.K.)
RispondiEliminaIn Italy you just probably have the beautiful name, Giacomo...
Hello! I'm back. First my computer broke down and then I got all moody and didn't feel like commenting. Or reading to be quite honest. But I'm back.
RispondiEliminaDon't worry, your cycling situation is still better than mine. I considered going to Strade Bianche, but the weather sucks and I'm nearly eight months pregnant so I gave up on it. And ended up having it playing in the background on TV while I did something else than actually watch.
I did watch one stage of Paris-Nice. Why doesn't it surprise me that Frankie fell? Good thing he didn't get too hurt.
Are you making a new blog or...? If I can do anything at least sporadically, I'd be glad to help. If that's any help, I was going to offer translating the French interviews if you don't have the time.
Hey FeeDee, I haven't been able to watch much cycling this year either! We watched the first stage of Paris-Nice at the weekend, ("Yay! Jensi!") but LLB is away all week so I have to wait until next weekend to catch up with it all. (I don't have television at my house) (another reason why I disappear round to his house at weekends!)
RispondiEliminaAt least now when I see Jakob fall, I will know in advance that he hasn't hurt himself too badly.
I'm really happy to hear that Geox have been invited to the Giro, thank you for that news!
Cristin, congratulations, a new baby soon! If it's a boy, what will you call him?(*innocent face*)
Coug
Oh no, I missed the whole discussion and only now caught up with it. If you need somebody to translate German or French stuff (or Luxembourgish...), I would love to help.
RispondiEliminaI haven't seen any live race covergae til now because German TV is not covering any races. And like Miss Fede, I really had to celebrate Carnival yesterday ;)
Oh, and I'm all for the marrying thing, I would like to marry Frank. Yes I know that he's already married, but that doesn't count in our world, right? Maybe we could all get married together in Curacao, what do you think?
RispondiElimina@ Barbara: Wow, Google Translater has a religious basis! What a discovery :D
RispondiEliminaIt's true, 'Jakob' in English would be 'James'. Btw, I prefer 'Jakob' to 'Giacomo'. It sounds more...'exotic' ;)
@ Cristin: Welcome back, dear! :)
Well, I think we don't have to worry for our cycling situation. We can miss races broadcasts until Milan-Sanremo, that's when the serious battles start!
Unfortunately, Frank's crashes aren't a news anymore. The boy seriously needs to improve his bike riding skills, he was falling also when the team car got next to him in order to fix his bike!
We (Marleen, Leela, Mar, Susanne and I) are going to create a common blog where supporters can publish their tales from the races that they see live. It will be a blog written entirely by supporters, in which there will be 'behind the scenes' stories with pictures. Hopefully, people will like the idea and they'll send us their tales in many different languages.
We girls will correct the texts in English, publish our own tales when we go to races and we'll also translate things that other supporters send us.
If you want to join us, feel free to do it! If you want, I can give your name also to the other girls, so that they can add you on Facebook and we can start discussing our roles and things like that there. It will be fun!
And many congratulations on your baby! You must be very excited! I wish you and the baby all of the best!! :D
@ CG: You cunning girl! ;)
Actually, I must admit that yesterday I didn't see the whole evening coverage of the race... I saw Frank and Jakob's crashes, I saw the breakaway guys being stopped because a train was arriving (they had to cross the railway...), but then I realised that they were broadcasting my favourite tv series on another channel. So I watched my tv series and went back watching the race just in the last 15 kms :P
There is an interview with Zomegnan on today Gazzetta and in it he said: 'This year Giro has the highest riders level of the last year. Ok, Andy Schleck is not racing, but what has he won?' A Liége, a Fleche Wallonne (Rebellin was found positive after winning it), half a Giro (Di Luca had doping problems already at the Giro 2007) and half a Tour (you all know about Contador, don't you?), that's what he's won, you memory-free creature! Ah, what an anger!!
@ Anne: Carnival is a sacred thing, we had to go and watch the parade! ;)
If you want to join us, feel free to do it! Leela is creating an e-mail address for the blog, then you can write us an e-mail in which you tell us whether you have Facebook/ Twitter/whatever else and we'll keep you informed you about the project by sending you messages there!
We need people who can translate things from different languages and, if you want, you can also send us your own cycling tales from the last races that you've seen.
Here on blogspot we can have up to 100 people writing a blog, so there are still 90 empty places to fill. Anyone else wants to join? ;)
Of course marriages don't count in our imaginary world! ;) And I love the idea of getting married in Curaçao, with the dolphins as bridemaids! (ok, I'm overestimating their intelligence!) ;)
I barely recognized Menchov :|
RispondiEliminaI nominate their kit for this years ugliest.
But I'm happy for him! He's going to ride the Giiiiro :D
MARRIAGES DO COUNT! (Lee is going to steal Jakob and I can not agree with that.)
I believe it was Queenstage (on Tumblr) who pointed out that Fränk has officially started his crashing season.
But he didn't need Jakob with him... Sniff...
@CG & Cristin, I'm also curious about the name of the little baby! ;)
Thanks everyone for the congrats. :-) She's a girl and her name will be Olivia. :-D Feel free to add me on Facebook, it says Cristin Flemming Sommers.
RispondiEliminaAs I already said, I can translate French, Spanish too if needed. And also proof-read English, as I pride myself on good language skills and it seems that you don't have a native speaker (please, no offense to anyone if I'm wrong, I just skimmed over the comments of the previous post where it said who lives where:-) On the other hand, I doubt I'll be of any use for live races anytime soon :-(
On a side note, I read somewhere that Frank has astigmatism, which is a defect of vision that messes with your perception of depth and distance. I have no idea if this is actually true, but if it is, it could explain the constant falls :-)
@Mar
Geox indeed has an ugly kit. :D I too am happy that they get to ride the Giro.
Mar, I thought we'd discussed this already!!! You get Jakob every 2nd weekend, at which time my Banana-boy comes to stay LMAO
RispondiEliminaCristin, I'm a 'native' English speaker. In fact it's the only language I speak ;) But given I also have 3 other blogs to keep updated I'm happy for help with editing the English :)
'Frankie's crash season' Hahaha oh dear, PLEASE STAY ON THE BIKE FRANK!!
Leela
Whoops *red cheeks*... Sorry. ;-) I just kind of assumed from your name that you were Dutch or something. :-) That's just my thing, any name with double vocals is Dutch or Belgian or something like that xD. Just a proof of why it isn't good to jump to conclusions. :-)
RispondiEliminalol no probs Cristin :) also, I forgot to say congratulations and all the best for when the baby comes! :D
RispondiEliminaOlivia! Oooh I love that name! :D I had already decided that if I get a baby girl (in about 10-15 years, please) her name would be Olivia! :P
RispondiEliminaSo good choice.
Lee, mrs. Denifl-Fuglsang agrees with the Jakob-sharing. Can anyone pronounce my 'last name'? ;)
Okay, I'm off topic.
Back to cycling:
Is it true that Pellizotti quits? He's banned for two years and now he said he will never come back...
I can understand Pellizottis anger. He gets a two year-ban for bio-passport irregularities and Contador gets nothing for having a forbidden substance in his blood... it's not fair!
RispondiEliminaWe don't know how things will go with AC. Pellizotti was also cleared by national federation. Anyway he seems to be frustrated because of this situation.
RispondiEliminaWhat do you think will UCI surrender with radio ban or not? I would also like to know what does it mean "drastic action"...
@Cristin New cycling fan is always welcome :) and Olivia is a beautiful name. Best wishes!
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to give you the e-mail address of Bananas About Bikes, the new blog that Mar, Leela, Marleen, Susanne and I are creating in these days. If you want to offer your help with the blog and/or if you have cycling tales from past races that you'd like to share with us, send a mail to bananasaboutbikes@gmail.com :) It doesn't take much to write a post, just some good old memories from a race and a few pictures (if you don't have the pics, we may find a way to make up for that). Don't worry about your English skills and things like that, we have some English native speakers to correct the mistakes in your e-mails and we have people who can translate your tales if they're in Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian and Danish! Moreover, we appreciate also tales coming from the track world and from women cycling races. We're waiting for your e-mails, girls! ;)
RispondiElimina@ Mar: Geox' kit doesn't look good at all! As you once said, it seems that someone has stepped over the riders with a breathing shoe. How terrible...
Frank has already started his crashing season, that's sad but true! During today's stage of P-N there was a descent and I was so scared that he could crash!
Talking bout crashes, Greipel crashed while warming up for today stage of Tirreno-Adriatico. At least, Frank hasn't done anything like that yet in his career...
Poor Pellizotti, this story is so sad! :( He was one of my favourite Italian riders...
@ Cristin: Olivia, that's a wonderful name! Best wishes :D
I'm very happy to see that you want to be part of our common-blog too :D
I'm sending you a message on FB, so that you can know the first few things about the new blog. Right now our only native speaker is Leela and I think she'd be happy to have someone that can help her with correcting the posts and so on!
If another native speaker wants to join, just say it!
I've also read about Frank's astigmatism, so I think it is true. In one of my oldest post (december 2008), I had copied and pasted those words (which were said by Frank): "I have a weakness with my eyes-I don’t see well without a prescription. And I can’t wear contacts". This surely explains why he crashes so often...
@ Anne: It is not fair indeed! Moreover, Pellizotti will lose his polka dots jersey at 2009 Tour, his second place at 2009 Giro (amongst other results) and he will also have to pay a fine of about 110 000 euros. This is so sad!!
@ Aunt Ania: I don't want to sound evil, but after reading about Pellizotti, I hope that AC will get a 2 years ban too. Otherwise, it would be even more unfair than it is now.
I hope UCI will surrender in the radio fight, most of the riders are against it and I think it's true that radios can make races safer. For example, yesterday P-N stage had a horrible finale and radios surely help the riders on streets like that...
So I become aunt for good. Does it mean that I can criticise everything, always say that you’re wrong, always say that I’m right, preach and try to make your life the way I want??? Yes??? Even if yes...I’ve just decided I won’t do that! Because I want to be cool funny aunt not strict ;) That’s why I would like to say that I look forward to your new blog and although I won’t write it but I can promise all of you editorial board that I’m gonna read it. So you have first reader before start! In this aspect I have also little suggestion :] Maybe I could get Jakob as a husband (who although many fights seems remain without wife, poor boy)? Think Fede what uncle would you have!
RispondiEliminaI'm really looking forward to your blog, it's going to be great!
RispondiElimina@Ania: I am an aunt, and the best thing is that you never have to criticise, never have to tell them they're wrong and never have to preach... I just spoil my nieces and nephews and totally adore them :D
Back to cycling: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Voeckler won!!!!! I'm sorry, but I loooove Voeckler :D
@Anne I have 5 nieces and nephews (plus my new one) and I can’t spoil them because it’s impossible to spoil them more than they are already. Fede is an exception, but how to spoil her through internet?
RispondiEliminaAnd hey! No more thoughts about abolition/keeping of radio ban? No ideas of ‘drastic action’? I thought that there would be lot of posts like “yes, cos...”, “no, that f*** won’t do that cos they are f***” and because they keep ban, cyclists will put up flags on at first, then arrange sit-in protest in seat of UCI and block the front door. Then Leopards announce hunger strike, Schlecks look like they are used but how Fabian will go through I don’t know. And because that diet may cause that Jakob lose weight, so fangirls will protest against protest. And finally Mr. President will find in his bed bloody head of his horse... Or something like that. (looks like aunt Ania reads too much, watches too much)
Jakob would never go on a hunger-strike. That would mean missing out on candy... and pancakes ;)
RispondiEliminaCongratulations on your new blog ladies. I'd love to contribute, but living in Canada the opportunity to go to any pro tour races is almost non existent. Unless, of course, you would like a race report about my husband stuggling to stay with the peleton in the local amateur races!
RispondiEliminaPoor Frank and his eyes. So stunningly beautiful on the outside and so flawed on the inside. In case it's not apparent, I have a crush on Frank. He is totally hapless and insecure, yet intense and very sexy.
I have told my husband this by the way, but he just doesn't see it. He thinks Andy is much better looking.
Brenda
I know I'm a bit behind but I want to join the common blog! I can also translate some pieces about cycling and I go to races so I have my own stories with pictures (and I can write them in English). *going off to sent the email*
RispondiElimina@everyone
RispondiEliminaThank you very much for the best wishes. :-)
@Brenda
So I'm not the only one who's kind of crushing on Frankie. ;-)
@ Ania: Yay for my cool, funny online aunt!! :D
RispondiEliminaOur new blog will be online soon, it will be fun for us to write and for you to read ;)
And you're right about Jakob! The poor boy (who probably needs a lot of hugs right now) doesn't have a wife! :O It would be great if he became my virtual (imaginary) uncle, so I completely support your idea! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that Leela and Mar won't agree with me :(
And Aunt, the other day Niemiec did a very good work at Eroica and I susprised my familiars by pronouncing 'Przemyslaw Niemiec' in a very relaxed way, while they were still figuring out how they could read the 'Prz' part of his name ;)
LOL at the hunger strike idea! (If Brice Feillu goes on a hunger strike, I'm afraid he'll disappear in a few days time!!)
Perhaps the riders will threaten UCI guys by telling them that, if they don't change their minds about radios, Pozzato and Riis will go to their houses naked and they'll put on a little show :P (I saw Pozzato's famous commcercial twice in 30 seconds time this afternoon, I'm still shocked!)
@ Anne: I quite like Voeckler too, he's such an attacking guy!
Btw, am I the only who confused Di Gregorio for Contador while watching today stage of P-N? :P
@ Brenda: Ok, I'm going to confess one thing. Back in May 2007, 3 years after my first cycling crush, I fell in love with Andy Schleck. But then I saw Frank and... I fell in love with him. Actually, I still find him more good-looking than Andy, perhaps because he looks more mature. Therefore, I completely agree with you: Frank looks better than Andy. And he's hot. Very hot. Veeery very very hot (ok, it's time Logic reminded Fangirl that she's talking about a husband- and a father :P ).
@ Marleen: welcome in our blogging team, dear! :D (and do feel free to choose an imaginary husband too ;)
@ Leela: poor Jakob, he surely doesn't need to go on a hunger strike! Actually, I think he needs a lot of candies and pancakes right now :P
I almost wish that Jakob will abandon. ‘Almost’ because fangirl never wants her favourite to withdraw. But it seems Jakob has lot of problems and pains and it hard to see him like that. Especially when there were many hopes connected with P-N.
RispondiEliminaYes, I read that you had a chance to show off your Polish skills. Aunt is proud of you :)
I think that your concept is much better than my, but please explain to me why Riis??? Do you think that Pippo can’t handle on his own? By the way have you noticed that these commercials are completely without any sense? They do everything with these shoes only not wearing them and riding bike. I thought it’s cycling shoes, isn’t it?
Eeeee… Andy is both more handsome and more pretty than Frank. But I prefer Frank’s voice (but well… the best voice of Schleck brothers has Steve… but that’s another story :))
@Brenda and Fede Frank is a sexy, sexy beast imo!! ;)
RispondiElimina@Ania I feel the same re Jakob. I don't like hearing how he's suffering :(
You're right Fede, I can't agree with that about Jakob. I'm feeling selfish today and I won't be sharing him ;P
forgot to sign my name before. last comment was from Leela
RispondiEliminaJakob can not be married! He's gay.
RispondiEliminaNo, just kidding. He will be traveling around from my place, to Leela's, to Ania's place.
So what were we talking about? :P
Oh yeah, I'm suprised every day that he's still in the race. I would love to see him back on twitter, though...
I love Andy but also have to agree with everyone re Frank - he is sexy and there is something very appealing about his maturity and seriousness + sensitivity. In Frank I think his facial features are more softer/rounded than Andy's which makes him so handsome. But then, there's just something about Andy... Ah if only there was a way to combine the two of them into one handsome, sexy talented man! Btw can't wait to read the new blog! A
RispondiElimina@ A. "Ah if only there was a way to combine the two of them into one handsome, sexy talented man!"
RispondiEliminahttp://www.morphthing.com/showimage/2/6591a1beaf683911f5158e1fb9bd8725/0/35841643/andy-jpg--frank-jpg.jpeg
Hehehehe ;)
@Cristin: Congrats for your Olivia! Wish you all the best :-)
RispondiElimina@Mar: Frandy Schleck makes everybody happy!
@All the Frank lovers: Nobody can put Frank in a corner :P Andy is cute and everything, he looks aristocratic even, but Frank is sexy sexy sexy.
@Fede: If I find a way to take out the audiotrack from a video I have my first (and probably only) contribution to your new blog.
I waited them at the end of the only semi-serious climb af all the stage but they were very fast and solidly packed, so I recognized only Visconti (how could I not? :P) and Viganò suffering at the end of the group.
Francesca
Oh la la, Saxo Bank has won one!
RispondiEliminaOk girls, sorry. I'm still very surprised for Haedo's victory, I didn't expect it! What a great day for him :)
And Toni the policeman won the TT at P-N, that's great! And third was Porte, yay!!
@ Ania: Poor Jakob, I hate it when I see my favourite riders suffer. However, cyclists seem to have a very high tolerance to pain and they always do their best not to retire from races. Personally, I often wonder how they do it. As a normal human being, I would have immediately abandoned P-N after a crash like Jakob's one!
There are some people on Earth that find Pozzato attractive (it sounds strange, but it's true) and some of the UCI guys may be part of that peculiar group of human beings called 'Pozzzato lovers'. That's why I decided to send Riis along with him ;)
You're right about Sidi's commercials. They show riders in leather jackets, men in socks looking at a shoe spinning in front of them and naked boys covered in oil, but they don't seem to care at all about cycling races. Perhaps they just want to create something 'funny' for the riders' supporters...
Aunt, I must disagree with you about the 'sexiest brother' issue: imo, Frank is more sexy than Andy! (don't worry, although we don't agree about this little fact, you're still my favourite online aunt ;)
@ Leela: LOL at the 'sexy beast'!
The funny thing about Frank is that he doesn't seem to realise how good-looking he is... Journalists always focus on Pozzato, Boonen, Bennati and Andy when it comes to good-looking riders, but they always forget Frank. Why?
@ Mar: Jakob gay? It would be a terrible blow for the whole female world!
Poor boy, perhaps you should all move to Luxembourg so that Jakob won't have to spend so much time travelling between Holland, Poland and Australia... Otherwise, I think he'll have lots of problem because of the jet-lag!
And, since we're talking about you moving to Luxembourg, I think that my husband and I could join you there too (at least during the holidays ;)
Oh, and thank you for the pic of Frandy, he looks great ;)
@ A: I think of Frank as the sexy/sensitive brother, whereas Andy is the 'puppy' guy of the team, the one who's funny and that you could hug to death every single minute of your day (ok, I'm exaggerating). Andy's not actually good-looking, but there's something about his overbite, his nose and his incredible eyes that makes me like him really much. Let's say that he hasn't got a 'conventional' type of beauty, while Frank has a more 'classy' kind of beauty.
@ Francesca: I hope you had fun during today stage! Unfortunately it was a flat one, so I completely believe you when you say that you couldn't recognise many riders. What a pity! :(
The good thing is that, at least, you recognised a Leopard rider :)
Re new blog: If you want, you can also write a little tale from your day at the race. Don't worry if you don't have pictures, we'll find some to put in your post (if you decide to write one, of course). It doesn't have to be very long, you can also write a little tale to give us the idea of the atmosphere and things like that :)
Oh, and I completely agree with you about Frank and Andy: one is cute, but the other one is *hot*!
Yes, Frank is definitely mature, serious and so on...
RispondiEliminaGo to 1:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSxoT_gsPEk
I'll mull things over because if I have to write something right now it will be "What a waste of time, don't go!". You know, in the end TV spoils you, because you can see every action, while this afternoon in 20 seconds I "saw" 160 riders. But doing some frame freezing I recognized Andy :-))
RispondiEliminaFrancesca
@ Ania: Aunt, Frank' seriousness never fails to amaze me. I just hope those socks were clean!! :P
RispondiElimina@ Francesca: I think you were very unlucky because in the Perugia stage there wasn't any real climb. If you go watching a race and the peloton is packed as it rides past to you, I think it can be seen as a big waste of time, especially if you can't even recognise your favourite riders because he's on the other side of the road or because he's simply riding too fast.
To appreciate the true atmosphere of cycling races, I think people should go to watch a mountain stage of a GT. On those occasions, the riders often arrive one by one and the last athletes arrive 20 minutes after the first ones. Those are the best races to see live (immo, of course).
Btw, here is an advice for those of you who are going to attend cycling races this year: the day before of the race, print the name of the riders with their race numbers next to them. Then, try not to forget that piece of paper at home.
Thanks to it, in fact, you may be able to recognise lots of riders (even those whose existence you had always ignored) by looking at their race number (which stays on their backs or on their bikes). It's an easy thing to do, but it can really help you when you go watching races!