domenica 21 febbraio 2010

Saxo Bank's good results in Spain,France and India (plus 2 random links):

Oh yes,over the last 48 hours the Saxo Bank riders got some really good results.First of all,JJ Haedo won the first edition of the Mumbai Classic,whereas Baden Cooke came in 4th.Bradley McGee told Cyclingnews that "JJ and Cooke broke clear of the bunch and with two laps to go JJ took off in the winning break with Dirk Muller (Nutrixxion) and he easily won the sprint".Third was Tobias Erler,4th was Cooke and 7th was O'Grady.Congratulations guys!Second good result for SB team was Chris Anker Sorensen's 6th place in the Tour du Haut Var.Le Mevel attacked on the climb to the finish (said climb was about 22% steep in some sections),rode past Fedrigo (who had previously broken away from the peloton) and managed to win the stage and the overall classification of the race.Fedrigo was 2nd,3rd was De Waele (not the photographer),4th was Pineau,5th was El Fares (a rider I pretty like) and 6th was Chris Sorensen (I rider I simply belove).Laurent Didier impressed me once again by arriving 15th.
"The stage was extremely hard with numerous painful climbs.We stuck to the plan once again and I was protected until the last climb and I'm especially happy that Anders Lund and Laurent Didier delivered a perfect performance keeping me out of trouble.As le Mevel escaped I instantly tried to close the gap but my legs simply exploded in the effort and I had to settle with sixth.It's actually a good result for me as I was feeling weak during the race series on Mallorca and I'm now looking forward to some more action in the upcoming Paris-Nice",said Chris Sorensen,who got the 6th place also in the final GC.
Yestrday stage of the race was won by Rinaldo Nocentini (my screams "Vai Rinaldoooo!!" still resound in the Valle D'Aosta mountains...),who also got the leader jersey.Second was Dumoulin, whereas third,once again,was De Waele (Bert,not Tim).4th was Le Mevel,whereas the best Saxo Bank rider was Jonas Aaen Jorgensen (9th).Chris Sorensen was the 20th rider to cross the finish line 11 seconds after the winner.

Another good result for Saxo Bank team was the 13th place that Frank Schleck got during the first stage of the Ruta del Sol.As known,Frank is racing in Andalusia to train,not to win,therefore I think this result is absolutely satisfactory for him and for the rest of the team.As well as that,Frank had a problem with his chain with about a km to go and had to stop because of that.Perhaps,without that problem,Frank could have got an even better result.The stage was characterised by a 4 men breakaway formed by Jesus Rosendo,Laurent Beuret,Ruben Garcìa and Stephane Rosetto.They were caught before of the last climb,on which Tamayo decided to attack.Soon after also Voigt (yay!) and Carrara (yay also for him) attacked, but the decisive move was made by the Spaniard Sergio Pardilla with 2.5 kms to go.He managed to keep some seconds of advantage on the other riders and got the greatest victory of his career.
Second was Van Den Broeck,while 3rd was Cunego (how will the Italian press react?).The idol of the other 2 female members of my family (Thomas Lovkvist),came in 10th.
As already said,Frank Schleck came in 13th,whereas Voigt was 15th and Larsson 17th.

RANDOM LINKS:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/20-02-2010/ginanni-visconti-paolini-603059727365.shtml : In 46 years of history,until yesterday,,the riders who had managed to win the Trofeo Laigueglia two times in a row were 2 and their names were Eddy Mercx and Filippo Pozzato.Now also Francesco Ginanni is a member of this very little group of people,since yesterday he managed to win the race in front of Lampre's duo formed by Gavazzi and Pietropolli.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-organiser-says-italian-girls-will-be-on-the-podium-in-amsterdam :the "podium guys" idea wasn't bad,but me was wondering whether all the riders would have approved it...

(First pic by AFP,Frank's pic by Waldbillig)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento