venerdì 19 febbraio 2010

Interview and Article about Frank Schleck:

As usual,my translations from French into English aren't very good,so if you know French I suggest you taking a look at the original articles.
LINK N.1: http://lequotidien.editpress.lu/les-sports/8700.html (article written by Le Quotidien journalist Denis Bastien)

FRANK SCHLECK: "I'M CONFIDENT"
Frank Schleck is ready to race the Ruta Del Sol (21-25 February)."I'm going in Andalusia to train,not to win",he says.

Today,after 2 flights (the Luxembourg-Paris and the Paris-Malaga ones),Frank Schleck will arrive in Andalusia.La Ruta Del Sol starts on Sunday and the Mondorfois will be one of the strongest riders there."The race,and especially the first stage during which we'll face an uphill arrive,seems hard.Anyway I'm going to Andalusia to train,not to win",Frank says.
However Frank knows that over the stages,that are never totally flat,he should emerge as one of the best riders,since "the race is pretty hard everyday..."

Obviously,Frank Schleck doesn't hide his pleasure when he thinks about the possibility to race with a pleasant temperature,quite different from the one that prevailed in Luxembourg over the last days."It isn't easy to train on icy or snowy roads.We went to Maiorca five days before of the beginning of the Challenge Maiorca,therefore we managed to train well there.But since our return,the weather in Luxmbourg has been terrible,even if today (yesterday),I managed to train for 4 hours and a half with Didier Laurent.In two we worked well.Anyway our condition didn't get better since we left Maiorca".
Frank feels a sense of satisfaction when he talks about Mallorca."I think I did a good work.I'm gaining confidence.I've never had problems during that race.It's good to start the season well, although also in that race the results didn't matter a lot to me... "
Things will be different in Paris-Nice,the first goal of the season."It's true,the Paris-Nice will be my first serious test of the season,but if one day I find myself at the back of the race,I won't make a tragedy out of it.If I can,I'll try winning,but I'd like t to avoid getting too stressed.There is always a nice parcours in this race and I usually feel good during it.Anyway sometimes I wonder whether it would be better to delay the arrive of my first form-peak as much as I can. The Ardennes classics are still far away from here...I remember that last year Andy had troubles during the Tour du Pays Basque and that he won the Liège-Bastogne-Liege 15 days later... "
Taking abou form-peaks,Frank Schleck usually achieves a good level of form during the Classics and therefore he won't probably risk to peak too early in the season.Now anyway he will continue his preparation a little away from Andy,who is now in Maiorca. "We phone each other in the mornings and in the evenings.Andy is training well and his knee seems ok.The most important thing is that he's fine now",Frank confesses.Indeed,Andy will have enough time to recover before of the Ardenne's classics. LINK 2: http://www.lessentiel.lu/sports/sports/story/17373721 (article by Nicolas Martin)

Before of leaving Luxembourg on Friday in order to race the Ruta del Sol,Frank Schleck talks again about his 2010 goals.
How important is the winter for your preparation?
Frank Schleck: During the first month you can relax and avoid to think about cycling.It is easier if you end the season with a good result.This period can be useful to spend time doing thingsyou like doing,for example I fished a lot.I also went on holiday to Curaçao.During this break anyway we keep on training our bodies and then we take up cycling again.
Are you happy with the results you got in the Challenge Mallorca?
Yes.It was my first race of the season and at this time of the year I can't and I don't want to be in my top form.My first important goals will arrive in 1-2 months time,therefore what I did in Mallorca was ok.From the phisical point of view,I'm right where I should be.
You'll race La Ruta del Sol without Andy.Does his injury worry you?
No.This kind of things are annoying but they happen.Last year I had problems with my knee too.He's trainining in order to get the right form quickly and reach the right level for taking part in races.
What are your expectations for the Ruta del Sol?
It's a training race.I won't go there to win,but to train and to find the race rythm again.
Will it be a preparation for the Paris-Nice?
Paris-Nice isn't one of my goals of the season,but if my form is good I'll try getting results as good as last year's ones.
What are your biggest goals of the season?
They're the Classics,the Tour de France and the Worlds in Australia.
Do you share these goals with Andy?
Yes.We'll both try fighting for the victory in these races,although we know that there is always just one winner.Some changes during the season may also depend on the how things will develop.However, we'll both give our best during these races.
Do you think you can win the Tour?
I was 5th last year and I've aleady won stages of that race twice in my career.I'm always with the strongest riders.This means that I can win the Tour,therefore I'll give my best to try achieving that result.
What do you think of your team?
I think it is very good.2,3 riders left the team,but it is still as good as last year.Some young riders like Fuglsang will go very well this year and I'm sure that they'll replace the ones who left the team.
What do you think of the Saxo Bank's withdrawal from sponsoring the team?
I'm a cyclist and my job is to run as fast as possible.It's not up to me to think about this kind of things.Bjarne Riis is looking for sponsors and we just have to get good results in order to attract the attention of possible sponsors on us.

(pic from Cyclingnews)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento