Here's the second part of the interview with Frank that appeared 4 days ago on Luxembourg Wort.In this second part of the interview Frank says he'll be in Curaçao (yay!) and talks about his plans for the 2010 season and about the operation he underwent in September.
NB: Before of publishing the translation of the article (I had to translate it from German to Italian and from Italian to English,so please don't get angry at me if I I've made some mistakes!) I must say a bit "Thank you" to Ilaria (http://allezandy.blogspot.com/) for having sent me the whole article.Grazie 1000!
NB: Before of publishing the translation of the article (I had to translate it from German to Italian and from Italian to English,so please don't get angry at me if I I've made some mistakes!) I must say a bit "Thank you" to Ilaria (http://allezandy.blogspot.com/) for having sent me the whole article.Grazie 1000!
Here's the translation of the article:
Six weeks after having undergone an operation,Frank's knee is ok again."I can move my leg without problems and I can also train.The swelling has disappeared and I don't feel pain anymore".
Before of starting the preparation for the 2010 season,the Schleck brothers have decided to allow themselves some other days of relax."After a season that was very stressful also under the mental point of view,I think it's very important to switch off for a while.I took advantadge from the operation because I've managed to have more time to do the things I usually don't do during the season,or that I do just few times because I don't have enough time.Right now there is a journey to the Caribbeans on my schedule for the next days",says Frank.Yesterday (29th october) in fact Frank drove to Amsterdam in order to take the airplane that will bring him to Curaçao,in the Netherlands Antilles.At the moment Andy Schleck is in the USA and will fly to Curaçao from the United States.The Schleck brothers,together with other riders (this year the organizators of the Curaçao Criterium have invited also Contador,Cavendish and Hushvod to take part in the race),will spend some days in the paradisiacal island of Curaçao,lay on the beach and relax before of taking part in the Curaçao Criterium (7th November),a race that Andy Schleck won last year.
From the 10th of November until the 30th of November the 2 brothers will be in Luxembourg. Then they'll go to the Fuerteventura Island on the 30th of November in order to take part in Saxo Bank's traditional boot camp.The brothers will be able to come back to Luxembourg after 2 weeks.During the first week of the boot camp the riders will have to face a series of proofs. During the following week instead they'll train normally.After spending the rest of December in Luxembourg,the Schleck brothers will face the beginning of the 2010 season.
"The first goals of the year are going to be the Ardenne classics.The second goal will be the Tour de France.The World Championships in Melbourne are a goal as well:it's always an honour to wear the jersey of the Luxembourg national team".
"This year we had our seasonal debut in the Tour of California,but next year this race will take place in May and so we'll probably have to start our season with an European race.The Mallorca Challenge (7-11 February) will probably be our first race of the year.We'll have a training camp in the Balearic Islands before of taking part in the Mallorca challenge and after that race we'll run the usual races we take part in during the spring.For example,we'll race the Paris-Nice.We haven't decided the complete schedule for 2010 yet,for example we aren't sure if we'll take part in the Tour of Flanders or in the Vuelta a Pays Vasco.Anyway,before of July we'll also go to see some Tour de France stages,although we still have to decide whether we'll go to see them before of the Tour de Suisse or after the Paris-Nice".
Frank talked about the 2010 Saxo Bank team as well."We're gonna have a very strong team also in 2010.Yes,Karsten Kroon and Kurt-Asle Arvesen were very important riders and they've decided to change team,but there are some very strong young riders that will close the hole left by Kurt and Karsten.Matti Breschel and Jakob Fuglsang for example will surely get even better in the next season.And I think that also the new entry Laurent Didier will integrate in the team without any problem.I also think that I'll be able to have an even bigger role in next year team.We've got a very strong team".
Six weeks after having undergone an operation,Frank's knee is ok again."I can move my leg without problems and I can also train.The swelling has disappeared and I don't feel pain anymore".Before of starting the preparation for the 2010 season,the Schleck brothers have decided to allow themselves some other days of relax."After a season that was very stressful also under the mental point of view,I think it's very important to switch off for a while.I took advantadge from the operation because I've managed to have more time to do the things I usually don't do during the season,or that I do just few times because I don't have enough time.Right now there is a journey to the Caribbeans on my schedule for the next days",says Frank.Yesterday (29th october) in fact Frank drove to Amsterdam in order to take the airplane that will bring him to Curaçao,in the Netherlands Antilles.At the moment Andy Schleck is in the USA and will fly to Curaçao from the United States.The Schleck brothers,together with other riders (this year the organizators of the Curaçao Criterium have invited also Contador,Cavendish and Hushvod to take part in the race),will spend some days in the paradisiacal island of Curaçao,lay on the beach and relax before of taking part in the Curaçao Criterium (7th November),a race that Andy Schleck won last year.
From the 10th of November until the 30th of November the 2 brothers will be in Luxembourg. Then they'll go to the Fuerteventura Island on the 30th of November in order to take part in Saxo Bank's traditional boot camp.The brothers will be able to come back to Luxembourg after 2 weeks.During the first week of the boot camp the riders will have to face a series of proofs. During the following week instead they'll train normally.After spending the rest of December in Luxembourg,the Schleck brothers will face the beginning of the 2010 season.
"The first goals of the year are going to be the Ardenne classics.The second goal will be the Tour de France.The World Championships in Melbourne are a goal as well:it's always an honour to wear the jersey of the Luxembourg national team".
"This year we had our seasonal debut in the Tour of California,but next year this race will take place in May and so we'll probably have to start our season with an European race.The Mallorca Challenge (7-11 February) will probably be our first race of the year.We'll have a training camp in the Balearic Islands before of taking part in the Mallorca challenge and after that race we'll run the usual races we take part in during the spring.For example,we'll race the Paris-Nice.We haven't decided the complete schedule for 2010 yet,for example we aren't sure if we'll take part in the Tour of Flanders or in the Vuelta a Pays Vasco.Anyway,before of July we'll also go to see some Tour de France stages,although we still have to decide whether we'll go to see them before of the Tour de Suisse or after the Paris-Nice".
Frank talked about the 2010 Saxo Bank team as well."We're gonna have a very strong team also in 2010.Yes,Karsten Kroon and Kurt-Asle Arvesen were very important riders and they've decided to change team,but there are some very strong young riders that will close the hole left by Kurt and Karsten.Matti Breschel and Jakob Fuglsang for example will surely get even better in the next season.And I think that also the new entry Laurent Didier will integrate in the team without any problem.I also think that I'll be able to have an even bigger role in next year team.We've got a very strong team".
(Interview from Luxembourg Wort 30-10-09-Pic by Serge Waldbillig)

Ringrazialo anche da parte mia!
RispondiElimina