So,what happened to me yesterday? After school (and after that bloody maths test during which Logic had an unbelievable "mental bonk"),I got into my parents' car and we drove towards Lecco.There we found a bar,ate something and understood why some people say that the Lago di Como is very nice.
Anyway.According to the info I got on a website,the riders should have ridden through Lecco between 14.55 and 15.20.Little problem,at 15.30 the riders weren't in Lecco yet.Then,after a few minutes of waiting during which Fangirl started to fear that the riders had imitated Cofidis team cars and taken the wrong road towards the Ghisallo,the cyclists finally appeared.Or at least,4 of them appeared.They were Klimov,Roche,Velo and Honig.Roche's appearance was nice because it made me found out that,although my eyes can't read what the teachers write on the blackboard at school,they can recognise the Irish cycling champion from more than 300 meters of distance.
Chris-Anker was looking at a rider behind him,while Jens was looking as good as usual.Fangirl didn't scream anything at them because she was disturbed by that Lovkvist supporter beside her.Said supporter in fact was in a great Fangirl mood and kept on screaming things about how good-looking Lovkvist was.
Btw it was great to see Jens riding in front of me again,since it was the first time since the Col du Petit-Saint-Bernard stage of the Tour that I saw him live.Of course you all know what happened after Voigt rode in front of me that day and so you'll probably understand what it meant to me to see him again.
When all the riders had ridden in front of us,my family and I ran to the family car,got inside it and started to drive towards Albavilla.Our plan in fact was to see the riders in 2 different places since,acording to the plan-creator,going to Como or to the Ghisallo would have been impossible because of a series of reasons involving police,car-parking and other things.Btw,according to the plan-creator,in Albavilla we would have managed to see the riders riding slowly and already divided in little groups.Unfortunately things didn't go as easy as planned.
First of all,Italian drivers and Italian roads are simply terrifible and we had a direct experience of that yesterday,while driving to Albavilla.We had an hour time to get there,but a fucking traffic light and some stupid Italian drivers (why the hell do you have to drive around on your tractor on a Saturday afternoon? Why? And you,why do you have to phone your boyfriend when you're driving? Why?) made us arrive in Albavilla just 5 minutes before of the riders.And even if the riders were supposed to arrive in 5 minutes time,the policemen still let the cars drive on the road as if it was a normal moment of a normal day.Between the vehicles we saw driving on the road in those 5 minutes there was also that bus that the riders nearly hit during the last part of the race.Luckily no one got injured.
Anyway,the first riders to arrive in Albavilla were the breakaway ones:Santambrogio,Martin, Devenyns,Carrara,Hoogerland and Larsson.A nice breakaway,I must say:Santambrogio is my favourite Italian rider at the moment,while Carrara comes from my same city and Devenyns, Martin and Hoogerland are riders that I pretty like.And then of course there was Gustav Larsson.Fangirl found herself in a state of confusion and couldn't scream anything also this time.Of course Logic was very shocked by this fact.
After a few seconds,the rest of the peloton arrived.Unfortunately there were still lots of riders all together and me could see just Evans.Then,between the team cars,I could see Lars Boom.The Dutch rider was looking tired and had probably just ended his portion of work.
After the peloton,some other riders arrived (I could recognise Bertagnolli,Velo,Klimov and Brandt).Then the cars began to ride again on the road and we got inside our car as well."Are we sure that all the riders have ridden in front of us? I haven't seen the car with the 'finish of the race' cartel on yet" Fangirl said to Logic."I haven't seen it either,but there must be a reason if the police has opened again the road",Logic answered to Fangirl.Unfortunately,there wasn't a reason.In fact after few seconds a group of riders arrived and the policeman had to stop every car that was on the road in a very dangerous way.Logic got soooo angry at the policeman!!!! She wanted to get off the car and tell something to that man,but Fangirl managed to stop her.And so,we started to drive home while listening to the race-transmission on the radio.Of course people in that transmission didn't talk just about cycling,but also about football.After finding out that in a Serie B team there are 2 guys called Troianiello and Caianiello (I'm not joking!) and that there is also someone else called Troiano,I finally heard about Gilbert's victory.I must say I'm happy for him:he was the strongest rider in the last days and he showed it also yesterday. Sanchez came in 2nd and Kolobnev came in 3rd,while Fangirl's favourite Chris-Anker Sorensen came in 23rd.
After a few seconds,the rest of the peloton arrived.Unfortunately there were still lots of riders all together and me could see just Evans.Then,between the team cars,I could see Lars Boom.The Dutch rider was looking tired and had probably just ended his portion of work.
After the peloton,some other riders arrived (I could recognise Bertagnolli,Velo,Klimov and Brandt).Then the cars began to ride again on the road and we got inside our car as well."Are we sure that all the riders have ridden in front of us? I haven't seen the car with the 'finish of the race' cartel on yet" Fangirl said to Logic."I haven't seen it either,but there must be a reason if the police has opened again the road",Logic answered to Fangirl.Unfortunately,there wasn't a reason.In fact after few seconds a group of riders arrived and the policeman had to stop every car that was on the road in a very dangerous way.Logic got soooo angry at the policeman!!!! She wanted to get off the car and tell something to that man,but Fangirl managed to stop her.And so,we started to drive home while listening to the race-transmission on the radio.Of course people in that transmission didn't talk just about cycling,but also about football.After finding out that in a Serie B team there are 2 guys called Troianiello and Caianiello (I'm not joking!) and that there is also someone else called Troiano,I finally heard about Gilbert's victory.I must say I'm happy for him:he was the strongest rider in the last days and he showed it also yesterday. Sanchez came in 2nd and Kolobnev came in 3rd,while Fangirl's favourite Chris-Anker Sorensen came in 23rd.
And so this was the last "Fangirl@race" post of the year.It's been a great year for me (it's the first time I see so many races live in all my life) and hopefully you had fun reading these posts.
NB: The pics I've published in this post are less (and worse) than usual since the family photographer yesterday was on a photography strike against me for unknown reasons.
(All pics by myself except the last one,who was taken by AP/La Presse).

Come nel blog d'Ilaria non capisco quasi 'na mazza, ma le foto del lago son belle
RispondiElimina(certo poi uno legge e pensa "ma delle foto della corsa non dice niente?")
ma come dico sempre "La cosa bella del Giro d'Italia è l'Italia del Giro."
Commovente...
Le foto sarebbero (dalla prima all'ultima):
RispondiElimina1.Due corridori non meglio identificati della Saxo Bank (sospetto che uno dei due sia Chris-Anker Sorensen,ma non ne sono sicura).
2,3:foto del lago scattate a Lecco.
4.Velo,Roche,Honig e Klimov,vale a dire la prima fuga di giornata.
5.i corridori che tiravano a Lecco e che non sono riuscita a riconoscere.
6.Gilbert (questa foto però non l'ho fatta io...).
Comunque sull'Italia del Giro hai ragione.Sono anche i posti e la gente che fanno bello il ciclismo.
Oh, how lucky you were to see Jens--and Cofidis going the wrong way.
RispondiEliminaYes,I think I was pretty lucky with seeing the Cofidis cars taking the wrong way-it was really funny.
RispondiEliminaAnd of course seeing His Amazingness is always a great thing.