domenica 25 ottobre 2009

CHRIS ANKER SORENSEN WON JAPAN CUP!!!!

Yes,Fangirl is happy.Very happy.She knew that Chris-Anker could have won the Japan Cup,but she also knew that she'd been saying "Chris-Anker will win the next race" for the last 10 months,so she was careful with her predictions.And now that Chris-Anker has really won the Japan Cup,Fangirl is enthusiastic.
Japan Cup means also the end of the 2009 cycling season.Chris' victory luckily made it become less sad.It was Sorensen's first victory in 2009 (better late than never,as we say in Italy...) and his 4th one as a professional rider.His other victories are a TTT in the Tour of Germany 2007,the Toussuire stage at the Dauphine Libére 2008 and the Kitzbuhel stage at the Tour of Austria 2008 (he also wore the leader jersey of the race in that occasion).
I've tried to look for some info on the Japan cup website,but unfortunately I can't understand anything from that website (I knew I had to study Japanese instead of Spanish!!).Actually,the only info I could find about Chris' victory was a little article that appeared on Saxo Bank website.
Here it is:
Last night, European time, Team Saxo Bank participated in their very last cycling event this season which was held in Utsunomiya,Japan on a undulating circuit of 14 kilometersThe Danish Team was represented by Jens Voigt, Nicki Sørensen, Gustav Larsson, Michael Mørkøv and Chris Anker Sørensen.The latter launched an epic series of attacks on his opponents within the last 40 kilometers of the course along with a strong riding Jens Voigt and the young Danish climber finally succeeded in leaving the field behind. Chris Anker Sørensen crossed the finish line alone and put an astonishing end to the season where he was often seen helping his teammates in their mission to succeed. Today, he took the initiative and brought home the victory in the empire of the sun.«Chris and Jens opened the race with 40 kilometers to go which course suited Chris like a glove with a short circular route with a large climb to pass ten times. It is a great way to finish the season and it is rewarding to be the sports director for energetic and enthusiastic riders like these who are still motivated in the very last part of the season», said sports director Torsten Schmidt after the race Sunday morning.More later... (later when?!?)
On another website I managed the top 10 of the race.Here it is:
1. Chris Sorensen (Saxo Bank) 4.06.19
2. Dani Moreno (Caisse d'Epargne) 0.24
3. Ivan Santaromita (Liquigas) s.t.
4. Juanjo Cobo (FUJI-SERVETTO) s.t.
5. Pablo Lastras (Caisse d'Epargne) 0.40
6. Joaquim Rodríguez (Caisse d'Epargne) s.t.
7. Valerio Agnoli (Liquigas) 1.25
8. Giovanni Visconti (ISD) s.t.9. Shinri Suzuki (Shimano) 2.08
10. Gustav Larsson (Saxo Bank) s.t.

Kurt Arvesen congratulated Chris for his victory on Twitter ("Bravo Anker! ChrisAS won Japan Cup!") and these were the only things I could find (at this hour of the day) about the race.
Last year La Gazzetta gave a lot of space to this race since it was the one in which Ivan Basso made his comeback,but I don't think that the same will happen also this year.
If you want to look at some pics from yesterday's race,here's the link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/photo?slug=392ac5488da301f4d731e8f87f6c4a83-getty-cycling-jpn&prov=getty#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cgetty%3A20050301%3Asc%2Cphoto%2Cca9190a070606a042f2579e9ffd87a6d-getty-cycling-jpn%3A1
On the same link you can also find other pics from cycling events,which are all very nice.
That's all for the moment,if I have some other news I'll publish them later.Last thing to say? Allez Chris-Anker Sorensen!
(Pics from Getty Images).

3 commenti:

  1. Allez CA! Too bad there is so little information about this race...
    I'm a little sad the season is over.. (although Curacao is still coming :D)

    RispondiElimina
  2. I'm glad for C.A. and for Fangirl;)
    It's a great end of the season for team Saxo!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Chris-Anker had a great year and he fully deserved this victory.He's also updated his blog,so if I have time I can try to translate it.

    I feared that Fangirl would have been sad after the last race of the season,instead she's in a very euphoric mood.Too bad that Logic now has to remind her that she won't be cheering for a Sorensen's victory at least until February 2010...

    RispondiElimina