This is my last post for today,I swear it.
The reason for which I'm writing is to allow people who don't know Danish to understand what Chris Anker Sorensen wrote on his blog."Do you know Danish?" you may ask me.The answer is:no.I actually tried to learn Danish some time ago,but then I found out that I had to pay to go on with the course and so I decided to give up.
Anyway,thanks to my skills in controlling Google Online Translater (and also thanks to Fangirl's superpowers),I've managed to write a translation of Chris' last entry of the blog.So,here it is:
(Link to the blog in Danish: http://blog.tv2.dk/chris.anker.ol/ ).
NB: if someone has a translation that is better than mine or notices some big mistakes,please let me know.
Chris Ankers Blog: Final victory:
I finally succeeded and got my first victory of the year today.It was high time,since I had my last victory more than 1 year ago.Today we've ridden the Japan Cup,a competition that takes place on a circular route of 15 km,which we had to face 11 times.During every lap we had to face a very tough climb and a series of smaller hills that were really hard as well.Fairly quickly a five-man group consisting of five Japanese riders from local teams took the lead of the race.I must admit I was actually surprised by the level of the riders over here,they were running pretty strong today.Rather quickly we put Michael Mørkov at the head of the peloton together with other riders from Caisse d'Epagne,Liquigas and ISD.They pulled a lot and with 2 ½ laps to go the gap from the breakaway riders was almost closed.Therefore Jens Voigt attacked.After his attack,Jens was joined by other 10 riders.Shortly after,other 8 riders joined him.Five kms later, while we were riding on the hard hill,I ran away with Cobo and Joaquin Rodiguez.We didn't actually ride in a complete agreement and so during the descent Moreno,Lastras (Caisse),Agnoli, Santaromita (Liquigas) and Visconti (ISD) joined us.With 13 kms to go Lastras and I ran away again. 3 kms later I attacked again while we were riding on the tough climb and I managed to remain alone at the head of the race.Although I managed to win,riding on a flat road for some kms with only 15 seconds of advantadge on other 5 riders was really hard.
Since I finished the race (and also know that I'm writing) I've been truly happy.I think that this year I've improved a lot under the tactical and technical point of view.If I look at my results during this year,I think that some of them are really good.For example,between my good results of 2009 there are my silver medal at the Danish RR championship,my 13th place at the Worlds, the Tour de France,the 15.th placement in Flèche Wallonne and other top ten rankings in other big races.But a victory was missing.It finally came today,so now I can go on holiday with peace of mind.Hopefully next year I'll manage to make another step in the right direction and to bring home even greater results.
This victory has obviously made my journey over here become extra good.But I've lived also many other exciting experiences here in Japan.I must say that Japanese people are incredibly friendly and forthcoming in meeting people.However,they have a weakness for vending machines,which are everywhere in the streets.There are many different kinds of vending machines,from the ones who sell candy to the ones that wash your glasses.We've also managed to try the Japanese food.Eating with chopsticks is actually a little challenging,but Mørkov and I have made a rule that says that we have to eat with chopsticks as long as we are over here.Since things are going very well,we are considering to apply this rule to the rest of the year as well. Anyway,I believe that it may be too difficult to face a Danish Christmas table with just chopsticks in your hand.I actually can't even imagine how to cope with things like meatballs, roast pork and potatoes with brown gravy and eat them with the chopsticks.
This victory has obviously made my journey over here become extra good.But I've lived also many other exciting experiences here in Japan.I must say that Japanese people are incredibly friendly and forthcoming in meeting people.However,they have a weakness for vending machines,which are everywhere in the streets.There are many different kinds of vending machines,from the ones who sell candy to the ones that wash your glasses.We've also managed to try the Japanese food.Eating with chopsticks is actually a little challenging,but Mørkov and I have made a rule that says that we have to eat with chopsticks as long as we are over here.Since things are going very well,we are considering to apply this rule to the rest of the year as well. Anyway,I believe that it may be too difficult to face a Danish Christmas table with just chopsticks in your hand.I actually can't even imagine how to cope with things like meatballs, roast pork and potatoes with brown gravy and eat them with the chopsticks.One evening we went to a traditional Japanese restaurant.There we sat on the floor and ate.In 2 hours time they brought us lots of small dishes:sushi,rice with chicken,various soups and lots of other things.This was a super exciting experience that you absolutely have to live if you ever visit Japan.
Now I have to close this post,since we are 8 hours ahead and I'll soon be off to bed because tomorrow we will be up at 6 am local time.We'll go to Tokyo to make various commemorative events and then I'll go back to Luxembourg on Tuesday morning.
Chris Anker Sørensen
So,that's what Chris said about his victory and his trip in Japan.The chopsticks rule is a great one,I also had the idea of using them all the year the first time I went to a Thailandese restaurant.I guess it's useless to say that I finally gave up when I realised that everyone who was eating with forks and knives had already finished their dishes while me was still trying to understand how the chopsticks worked.
Btw,now I have to close this post as well,since it's getting late (22.30 pm) and tomorrow I have to get up at 6.15 am (just like every other days).
Anyway,before of closing I'd like to know whether some blogmates are interested in reading other entries from Chris' blog.If so,I can translate some of them and publish them here.Otherwise...I guess I'll publish them anyway ;)
That's all for now,good night and sleep well.
(Pics by Getty Images).

Thank goodness Anker man has that blog!
RispondiEliminaIn Fangirl's opinion,Chris' blog is a really great one.During the Tour he updated it almost daily and I had a lot of fun reading it.I'm so happy that he won yesterday!!
RispondiElimina