giovedì 21 maggio 2009

SMILEY MENCHOV!?!?! (and news about the Schlecks):


No,there's nothing wrong with your eyes and you're not seeing double: the man in the photo up here is Denis Menchov (the true Denis Menchov,not a sosia of him) and the man in the photo up here aka Denis Menchov IS SMILING.Well,perhaps "smiling" is not the exact word for the photo here above,bu I've seen the Russian during the premiation and,man,he was really smiling.If you don't believe me,check out the first few seconds of this video: http://video.gazzetta.it/Giro?vxSiteId=80b44ba4-1aae-449c-b8c2-d70533903c2b&vxChannel=Giro%5FPrimo%5FPiano&vxClipId=2570_78dc0b46-4633-11de-a673-00144f02aabc&vxBitrate=300 :the one on the podium is Menchov and he's smiling.That's a great news.That man can smile.Before of the beginning of the Giro I saw lots of photos of smiley Menchov and I said that trying performing his smile was part of the preparation for a possible victory at the Giro.Was this part of the training as well? Time will tell.Anyway,why is Menchov so happy? Well,he's won the tremendous TT of Rio Maggiore and he's also managed to wear the pink jersey.Yip de do da day.The previous Giro's stages had been won by Di Luca and Cavendish.And today,it's been Menchov's turn.On this link (http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2009//giro09/?id=results/giro0912) you can read this sentence said by the Russian (who dedicated his victory to his friend Horrillo,who's still having bad problems after his fall during the Bergamo's stage): "I think I am a simple person,just a cyclist and not so dangerous," he said, smiling.Menchov,smiling.Also the journalists noticed it! And then,I must say,A Big Smile + Menchov's Face is Not a bad combination at all.
Anyway,regarding the other riders who did today's TT: second came Leipheimer (whose name's pronunciation keeps on changing here in Italy),while third was Garzelli.Emo-Boy Lovkvist was 28th,while Pinotti arrived 18th (good done) and De Greef arrived 30th.Fabian Cancellara got retired (more news on Saxo Bank's website).

Anyway:it's been a long time since I last talked about the Schleck's brothers,but don't worry:I haven't forgotten them. Saxo Banker Chris-Anker Sorensen has updated his blog (*joyful exclamation of mine*) and he's given some good information (and he also made me laugh as well,but that's not a news:his blog is always very hilarious) about what he and the brothers are going to do the next week.Here's a little translation of what he writes:

Was I in a huge hurry,or am I just too lazy? This was the first idea I had when I decided to update this blog.I could have written a big entry about Liege's victory,that was the product of a great team-work.Or I could have written something about Tour of Romandie,where I didn't go so well.Or I could even have posted something about the fact that "Batman",in Swedish,is something like "lap ledder" (patch researcher...).Or maybe I could have written something also about the night in which Nikki (Sorensen) taught me how to use the flash of my photo camera.In my defense,I have to say that I've had it just for just 6 months and that true men don't read the instruction about "how to use a photo camera". And of course I'm a true man.
Anyway,on Monday I'm flying to the Alps with Nikki and the Schleck brothers.I'm spending a week there because we're going to see some Tour stages.It will be nice to see Nikki again and to see the mountains.I think I may be able to do something good at the Tour.My schedule for the next few weeks is: Tour of Luxembourg,training camp in Luxembourg,Tour of Suisse and then the Tour's start in Monaco.It will be a hectic period.
Then I'm also looking forward to go to Denmark on Wednesday (ndr; 20th of May,the post was written on the 19th of May).There's my father's birthday and then my brother's getting married.Sometimes it's nice to stay with your family and to clean your mental hard disk doing something that has nothing to do with cycling.
On Satudary I watched the German tv here in Luxembourg and there was the "International Sing Race of Moscow" on.I was happy since I understood something in Russian.I didn't see Jorgen de Mylius,a German,and so things weren't as good as usual.Some songs weren't very good either.But now it's better if I stop complaining before to start to talk about the judges and leave this subject of discussion to someone who knows much more than me about culture. To the next time,Chris Anker Sorensen."

So,this was C.A.'s blog.The "photo camera flash thing" must really be something typical of "true men",since lots of boys/men I know can't use it...
And then,German tv: who doesn't love it? I don't understand anything of what they say,I just watch the images and then change channel.It's annoying not to understand your own tv.
Anyway,the news is:The Schleck brothers are getting ready for the Tour.Wish them lot of good luck since now (is it a bit too early?).Now I've got to go,good night to all and remember,Menchov was really smiling during the premiation and your eyes really do work well.

2 commenti:

  1. It's a good thing I wasn't the only one strange enough to try and translate that blog :)
    I found a pic of Andy from last thursday. He was on some sort of public thing of their olympic committee. Pics are at pressphoto.lu, for some reason I can't paste the direct link here.

    RispondiElimina
  2. It's nice also for me to know that I'm not the only one who tries to translate Danish blogs in order to know more about her favourite riders! :)

    I'm very sorry but I can't find the pics... :( I'll try to see if I can solve the problem with the link.

    RispondiElimina