First news: I've managed to record (and see) the whole stage.Stage that was supposed to be the hardest one of the race and that was finally won by Cavendish.Very hard stage.At the moment I've just finished watching the stage,I've risked of breaking my hand by hurting the chair with it (maye I'm a bit exaggerating...) and now after this post I'm supposed to study Spanish and Philosophy.Today 8 of my classmates weren't at school because of the well-known disease whose name is "Philosophite".It's a very common disease between students that go to my same school and have my same philosophy teacher.People usually get this disease the day on which they'll probably be tested (especially if the test is orally).The funny thing is that this disease lasts for just 90 minutes:the time your mother wakes you up,sees you're not feeling fine and then goes out to work.
Btw,let's talk about yesterday stage.First of all,yesterday it didn't rain.Sunny California is very beautiful,no doubts about it.

In the first kms Jason McCartney (Saxo Bank),Serge Pauwels (Cérvelo) and Tyler Hamilton (Rock Racing) went on a breakaway that was caught just in the last kms :( McCartney was really strong,unfortunately he hasn't been very lucky.Two riders there weren't lucky at all were Oscar Freire and KK (Kim Kirchen).They had a bad crash and Kirchen broke his collar-bone and his shoulder (I don't know the name of the right bone in English,sorry!),while Freire broke 2 ribs.I hope they'll recover fast.

During the last kms Pedro Horrillo tried to make the decisive move,but the stage's victory was decided with a sprint.The winner was Pacio-Cavendish (I don't know if Pacio is a word used just by my sister and by me,however it would mean "fat but not too much"...It's hard to explain in English).Boonen arrived second just for a few cms.Third came SB's Juan José Haedo.
Here are the stage results:
1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team Columbia - Highroad 4.42.38 (39.289 km/h)
2 Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick Step
3 Juan José Haedo (Arg) Team Saxo Bank
4 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Cervélo TestTeam
5 Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin - Slipstream
6 Markus Zberg (Swi) BMC Racing Team
7 Freddy Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
8 Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Arg) Colavita / Sutter Home p/b Cooking Light
9 Bernard Sulzberger (Aus) Fly V Australia
10 Martin Elmiger (Swi) AG2R La Mondiale
11 Davide Frattini (Ita) Colavita / Sutter Home p/b Cooking Light
14 Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita) Liquigas
15 Francesco Chicchi (Ita) Liquigas
20 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana
27 Jens Voigt (Ger) Team Saxo Bank
37 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Team Saxo Bank
38 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin - Slipstream
40 Thomas Lövkvist (Swe) Team Columbia - Highroad
50 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank
53 Gustav Larsson (Swe) Team Saxo Bank
75 Fränk Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank
Regarding the two brothers,I've found Ben Day (Fly V Australia)'s online diary on this link: http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/blog-article/109149/The-attrition-
continues .Here's what he writes: "Just to prove to you all that it's raining a lot here,we woke up with six centimeters of water flooding the hallway of our hotel.Frank Schleck apparently had no dry clothing today because of this rain." Poor Frank!


ah! Poor Fränk! that has to been very cold, to ride in wet clothes
RispondiEliminaNo wonder the Schleck Fratelli are ill!
RispondiEliminaI hope they aren't! Yesterday and today the weather was sunny,so they'll probably have dried their clothes...
RispondiElimina