giovedì 29 luglio 2010

Random post: Contador leaving Astana,Frank getting married,Fedrigo meeting Sarkozy and more...

UPDATE : Miss Fede is leaving for a holiday tomorrow and won't be back before of August, 15th.So,don't expect anything new from me for at least 2 weeks.Bye (before I forget: LL Sanchez won San Sebastian in front of Vino and Sastre)!
The Tour is over,my good working computer is back and I'm leaving on Sunday.Therefore,here's the last random post of the month: enjoy!
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/28-07-2010/contador-lascia-astana-71600876700.shtml :let's start from yesterday's big news: Contador is leaving Astana.The Spaniard however hasn't revealed yet for which team he'll be riding next year. La Gazzetta dello Sport claims that the Spaniard may end up riding for Bjarne Riis and,as I already wrote some days ago,that would be pretty shocking for me. In fact,as you know,my favourite riders are the Schleck brothers and Chris Sorensen,and things next year will surely be hard for me since the Schlecks are leaving Riis while Chris isn't.If then Contador joins Riis,Chris may end up working as a helper for the Spaniard during le Tour 2011. Therefore,Fangirl will have thousands of problems with sharing her support between los Schlecks and Chris. In such a difficult situation,as already mentioned some days ago,Fangirl could take terrible decisions like buying one of those Footon-Servetto kits and wearing it until the end of the year as a sign of protest ("Protest against who? And against what?",Logic has often asked without getting any answer).
However,leaving myself aside for a while,I think that this is a difficult moment especially for Astana's men and also for some of the Saxo Bank's riders. Saxo Bank guys in fact have made their team flag out of the statement 'He's not just my captain,he's also my best friend!' But now that the best friend (Andy/Frank Schleck) is leaving and that Contador is arriving, those who remain with Riis in spite of everything (so far the only one who's surely going to do so is Chris Sorensen,who renewed his contract already 6 months ago) will probably change their motto from 'He's not just my captain,he's also my best friend!' to 'He's not just my captain,he's also the main rival of my best friend!' The consequences of that may be terrible,unless Contador becomes 'everyone's new best friend' during one of those training camp that SB always holds in the middle of the nowhere during the winter.
Anyway,I realise I'm running too fast.We don't know yet if Contador will really end up riding for Riis and we don't even know who will remain with Uncle Bjarne.The only thing that is sure right now is that Contador is leaving Astana.And,as mentioned,I think that Astana guys are totally pissed off right now.Without talking about Vinokourov (I think we can't imagine how pissed off he is right now), just think about Beppe Martinelli (Astana ds),who has other 2 years of contracts with the Kazakhistani team.
10 days ago,during an interview with the Italian tv,Martinelli said that Contador was going to renew his contract before of the end of the Tour.A week later,he finds out that the Spaniard will change team. I think he's probably pretty shocked by that,especially if you consider that Astana this year was a very strong team because it had the magic duo Vinokourov + Contador. But next year Contador will change team and,if Vino really decides to stop racing,the main riders on the team may be Tiralongo,Iglinsky and Gasparotto. Things change-not always for the better,unfortunately.

http://www.schleckfans.com/ : On to a happier news,Frank Schleck is marrying Martine next month.On this website there are some information about the marriage.I obviously wish the couple (and the little Leea) all of the best for their future!


http://gaffa.dk/artikel/40670 :a random link to an even more random interview with Matti Breschel.The topic? Music (like many other people who have been teenagers over the last 15 years,Matti likes Green Day-and he even played in a band)!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/andy-schleck/from-school-renegade-to-tour-star :In his last blog entry, Andy talks about a funny episode that occurred to him when he still was at school. Then,he confirms that he's riding Vuelta together with Frankie (yay!!). As well as that,this post informs us that the only Luxembourgian who didn't support Andy during this Tour de France wasn't Kim Kirchen,but the former Maths teacher of the Mondorf rider (apparently,Luxembourgish Maths teachers can be strange creatures... ;)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/thomas-dekker-a-dopers-desire-for-redemption : Once upon a time I used to think of Thomas Dekker as one of the most promising riders of his age. Then, he was banned from Cycledom for 2 years. Now he's given this interview to Cyclingnews and I hope he can start racing again.I mean,he's just 25!

http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/her-er-de-smukke-tour-kaerester : at the Post-Tour party of Saxo Bank,Andy Schleck showed he's got 2 shirts in his wardrobe. The blue one in the picture and the one he wears at every Tour de France presentation.Btw,if you think Andy could have chosen better clothes for that party (or if you still haven't got over the shirt he sported at last year Tour's presentation),take a look at this page: http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/1232 .In it there's a picture of Pierrick Fedrigo meeting Sarkozy and said pic perfectly shows that,after a Tdf,even choosing a decent shirt from your wardrobe/suitcase can become a deed...

6 commenti:

  1. Thank you for the link, we've added your blog to our links as well :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Thank you :) Your blog is very nice,I really like your pictures and your posts (the one about the Autobus for example was amazing)!! Keep up the good work! :)

    RispondiElimina
  3. Oh, awesome Matti link there!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Glad you liked it :)
    I found it very interesting as well,especially the part about jazz music,ehm,I meant,about Matti playing Brain Stew by Green Day.It's good to know that,at least,he isn't a Tiesto-aholic!

    RispondiElimina
  5. Haha, Fede, the text for that first image is hilarious. The journalist's comment on Andy's shirt: "...Tried to camouflage himself in a chaste and odd shirt-thing, but was discovered anyway after having entertained millions of people for three weeks.."

    RispondiElimina
  6. Very funny comment indeed :) Andy seriously needs a personal shopper (or a girlfriend)!

    RispondiElimina