First of all,today's Monte Grappa stage was unbelievable.Nibali won after an attack on a descent (Savoldelli said that Vincenzo is his heir) and after a 14 kms solo TT. 30 " behind him came Basso,Evans and a super strong Scarponi.Behind them,alone,there was Vinokourov.Then,about 2 minutes after Vino,a group including Pinotti,Sastre,Karpets,Arroyo and other riders crossed the finish-line.And then,more than 1'42 after this group of riders,there were Richie Porte and Kiserlovski's group.As you may have understood from the title,Richie therefore lost the pink jersey and left it to Arroyo.By the way Richie showed his great talent once again today and Chris Anker Sorensen was an exceptional helper for him.
I'm pretty happy for Nibali's victory,since he really deserved a stage win in a Grand Tour after all these good results.And then,Szmyd worked like a man possessed to help him and Basso to get a good result.
Yesterday's stage was as nice as this one,especially because the victory went to a very young and nice Italian boy,Belletti.He was really moved after the finish-line and he broke into tears many times.He comes from Cesenatico,the place where the stage ended (and where Pantani lived),so he was obviously overwhelmed by emotions.
A 'bravo' however must be said to Craig Lewis,who launched a very good attack with 2 kms to go.And a 'not so good' should go to Katiusha for what they did with Karpets: leaving him alone for all those kms wasn't actually that smart...
On Recanati's stage,as you know,the winner was Pozzato.And I have to admit that,after all those stages,an Italian victory was desperately needed,so I warmly welcomed Pippo's victory.
The GC favourites showed all their pride on a little climb near Recanati and that was really nice to see.A thing that was definitely less nice was the fight that Evans had with Righi.I can understand that you're nervous,Cadel,but remember that you're not taking part in a soccer match.
Luckily the stage was too exciting for everyone to start reading 'L'Infinito' during the comment of the race.In fact.considering that on Thursday poor miss Fede had to study Giacomo Leopardi for the whole afternoon,you can imagine how she could have reacted if someone had started reading L'Infinito during the Giro stage of Recanati.
RANDOM LINK:
Sorry for all the Schleck supporters out there,but as you can notice right now I'm completely ignoring the Tour of California.Anyway this is due to reasons not depending on my will.In fact I have to wake up every day at 6 am,so staying up every night until 1 or 2 am to watch a cycling race isn't actually a good idea.
Anyway I know that Andy's not doing that good in Cali,but I think he'll be ok for the Tour.Last year he had problems even in Tour de Suisse,but then he came second in the Grande Boucle.And about his famous Facebook status,I guess it's just a joke.You don't write things like that on FB,unless they have a special meaning for some of your closest friends and you want to have fun with them and make the others become curious about what you wrote.
Anyway I know that Andy's not doing that good in Cali,but I think he'll be ok for the Tour.Last year he had problems even in Tour de Suisse,but then he came second in the Grande Boucle.And about his famous Facebook status,I guess it's just a joke.You don't write things like that on FB,unless they have a special meaning for some of your closest friends and you want to have fun with them and make the others become curious about what you wrote.
Anyway,here's the random link of the title http://blog.tv2.dk/chris.anker.ol/entry371427.html .Unfortunately for you it doesn't regard the Schlecks,but Chris Anker Sorensen,aka Fangirl's hero of the month.Chris has a very interesting theory about L'Aquila stage,and here it is: in a few words, Chris believes that all the GC riders were too busy looking for their rain jackets,gloves and so on and therefore they didn't notice the 56 riders that were escaping from the main group and so they didn't begin to chase them immediately. "It is somehow a paradox that Evans,Basso,Scarponi,Vinokourov and Garzelli have probably lost the Giro because they were getting their rain jackets",Chris wrote yesterday.As well as that,Chris tells us that the other night he spend more time in the toilet than in bed because he had some health problems (if you want to know more details,check his blog...).Luckily,after watching his efforts today,I think we can say he's feeling better.
By the way now I'm off: Milito's just scored his second goal in Champions League's finale,and I don't want to lose any more time from the Inter-Bayern match.In fact,knowing Inter,it may take other 38 years before being another time on a Champions League's finale,so I don't want to lose the last part of this match at all.Bye.
By the way now I'm off: Milito's just scored his second goal in Champions League's finale,and I don't want to lose any more time from the Inter-Bayern match.In fact,knowing Inter,it may take other 38 years before being another time on a Champions League's finale,so I don't want to lose the last part of this match at all.Bye.

Congratulations on the Big Victory! Will there be a celebration? In my town also football party ;)
RispondiEliminaAlthough I'm not that keen on football anymore,I'm happy that Inter won yesterday.I mean,they've been awaiting this victory for 45 years! Actually,I believe that Inter's transformation over the last years has been amazing.I was a supporter between 2002 and 2005 (then I stopped following football because of the scandal called Calciopoli) and many people made fun of Inter because they used to arrive second in the National Championship (that they hadn't won for about 18 years) every year and because their last Champions League had been won in the 1960s.Then,in 2005/2006 Inter began to win and now everyone hates them.
RispondiEliminaObviously there will be many celebrations in Milan in these days.To give you an idea of Inter's hysteria here in Italy,some people paid 1500 euros to watch the match live yesterday in Madrid and thousands people were in Piazza Duomo.Yesterday night then they opened the stadium at 2.30 am and the footballers arrived there with the cup at 6 am (there were 50 000 people waiting for them).And when Inter's airplane landed in Malpensa at 5 am,there were 4 thousands people waiting for the footballers (and Malpensa isn't that near to Milan).Anyway I fear,ehm,believe that this is just the beginning of the celebrations and that they'll go on this way at least for a week! ;)