lunedì 21 settembre 2009

News about Frank Schleck and Jonathan Bellis:

Finally I've managed to find some news about Frank Schleck.On RTL.Lu there's an article whose title is "Frank Schleck: Operatioun um lénke Knéi gutt verlaf".Here it is:
Virun anerhallwer Woch gouf de Frank Schleck um lénke Knéi operéiert. De Frank Schleck huet RTL gesot, dass d'Operatioun gutt verlaf ass.Dem Saxo Bank-Profi gouf Knorpel ewech geholl.
Den Ament dréit hien nach eng Schinn,déi hien awer an de nächsten Deeg kann ausdoen.Déi nächsten3 Wochen däerf hien awer nach kee Vëlo fueren.Duerno fänkt da schonns d'Preparatioun op déi nei Saison un.
It's not a secret that I can't understand Luxembourgish,so if someone wants to help me with the translation,please leave a comment.However,here are the few things that I understood:
"About a week ago Frank Schleck had to undergo an operation on his left knee.Today Frank has told RTL.Lu that the operation went well.(???).The Saxo Bank rider won't be able to ride his bike for the next 3 weeks.After that time,Frank will be able to begin his preparation for the new season."Anyway that's not the only news I've found about Frank.On http://www.schleck.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=468:fraenk-hoopt-op-vroege-rentree&catid=7:nieuws&Itemid=14 in fact I've found another article.Here's my translation of it:

Frank Schleck's already thinking about his comeback.In fact he would like to participate in the Charity Bike Cup,a race held in Stuttgart for the organization Care Star,a charity organisation that cares about children.Frank's partecipation in the race depends on his left knee recovery.The race is held on the 3rd October.If he takes part in the race,Fränk will be the captain of the Radsportakademie & Partner team and will have to ride his bike for 100 kms.Other celebrities who are going to take part in the race are Jan Ullrich, Danilo Hondo,Steffen Wesemann,Rudi Altag and Hanka Kupfernagel.
Fränk said:"To me,helping children is a matter of honor and love.I just hope that my knee recovers soon so that I can be at the start of the Lila Logistik Charity Bike Cup on the 3rd of October.The goal of the race is to help children and this is the reason for which I'll do everything that's possible to be at the start line!"
Of course I hope Frank will manage to be at the start of the race,since helping children is always a really nice thing to do.

Unfortunately in contrast with the good news regarding Frank there's one bad news regarding Saxo Bank rider Jonathan Bellis.During the night between the 18th and the 19th of September,John had a motor scooter accident in Quarrata,near Florence.Fortunately today his condition has improved from "critical" to "stable".
Bellis suffered head injuries in the accident,that occurred at 3:30 am.Jonathan was wearing a helmet and travelling along Via IV Novembre,according to Il Tirreno.Medics took Bellis to a hospital in Careggi, north of Firenze.Police are determining the cause of the accident.National British Under 23 director Max Sciandri immediately joined Bellis at the hospital. Bellis' parents flew to Italy Saturday after they heard of the accident,according to isleofman.com.
Bellis is in Quarrata to train with other British riders and Sciandri.British Cycling had him listed him on the preliminary list of riders for elite World Championships Sunday in Mendrisio, Switzerland.
He finished third in the 2007 Under 23 World Championships in Stuttgart, Germany. After a trainee period with ProTour team Saxo Bank last fall, he turned professional with the team this season.
"We are saddened by the news of Jonathan's accident, but we know that he is in good hands at the hospital in Florence. Our thoughts and hopes go out to Jonathan, his family and friends,"said Saxo Bank team owner,Bjarne Riis.

9 commenti:

  1. I'm really happy that Bellis is stable now. I was very worried about him.

    And I hope Frank can race in Germany. It's for such a good thing, so I really hope he will make it. Children are one of the most important things in the world. I love how Andy and Frank are crazy about children, it's so sweet <3

    RispondiElimina
  2. Someone must have put a bad luck spell on Sexy Bank...

    RispondiElimina
  3. I really do hope that Jonathan will get better soon.I don't have any news about him at the moment,but hopefully his condition will soon improve.My fingers are crossed for him!

    Helping children is a very nice thing to do,so of course I really hope that Frank will be able to take part in that race in Germany.He's a very nice boy.

    A bad luck spell on Sexy Bank? Hopefully a Luxembourgian Sexy Banker will get rid of that spell before of Sunday...Even if actually me would be happy also with a Dane victory.And since I'm Italian,I think that it will be ok also to see an Azzurro (not Pozzatolocks please!) getting a good result.

    RispondiElimina
  4. Yeah, let's hope the bad luck spell will go away before sunday. I'm thinking the same as you Fede. I really want Andy (who else?) to win sunday, I think I will die of excitement then! But if it's a Danish rider I would be happy too. And ofcourse I'm cheering for the Dutch team, I think Boom and Gesink will ride a good race.

    Let's hope that Pozzatolocks doesn't win! Imagine what he and Katusha would do to the World Champion jersey, ouch.

    RispondiElimina
  5. Pozzatolocks with the World Champion Jersey!?!? Oh my,I can't even TRY to imagine a thing like that! This year he's already ruined the Italian Champion Jersey,I don't think I'll be able to stand it if he decides to modify the World Champion Jersey as well!

    Anyway,I don't know why but I have a positive feeling about Sylvester Szmyd (although,as usual,I can't explain why...).
    And of course if Gesink feels good,he will probably run a very good race (just like Boom).

    RispondiElimina
  6. according to leo van vliet, frank is going to curacao wether he rides the race or not. so we can wait for baywatch part 2.
    if pozatto wins the world jersey will he change his shirt then just as many times as he did with his national jersey? He would be the first then who change his worldjersey.
    let's hope for a nice podium. I go for 1. andy (who else?) 2. c-a sorensen (he deserves it) and 3. boom ( he is so good at the moment).
    unfortunately i'm not very good in predicting results. i can think logic just as a fangirl

    RispondiElimina
  7. Frank's going to Curaçao anyway? Oh,that's a nice thing! Fangirl is really happy right now :)

    As Italian I suffer every time I see Pozzatolocks' jersey (a member of my family once saw Pozzato during the Tour and asked me: "Who's the Hungarian champion? I'd never seen him before!"),so I can't think of how I'd feel if he won on Sunday and got the rainbow jersey.

    Yours would be a very nice podium as well,but I'd like to see also a rider from my country on the podium (if it was Santambrogio I'd go totally crazy).
    Actually Logic can't work in peace in these days because Fangirl is in a very "Allez Andy!" mood (I started to draw bikes on my history book today and this is no good at all-not at this time of the year,at least) and so is unable to make any prediction for Sunday race at the moment. ;)

    RispondiElimina
  8. the prediction i made was just after vuelta.
    no me either can't think logical anymore and am in a allezandy-mood. very hard to hold on on school, so would be happy as it is sunday. but forst tomorrow the timetrial :D

    RispondiElimina