mercoledì 12 agosto 2009

Andy won Emmen Criterium + Worlds News:

Yesterday's criterium in Emmen,Holland,was won by Andy Schleck.Second came Robert Gesink, while third was Albert Timmer.
If you are in Luxembourg right now,I've got a little news for you.Tonight in Mondorf-Les-Bains there's the celebration of the results achieved by Andy and Frank at Le Tour.If someone of you is interested,on this link (http://station.lu/newsDetails.cfm?id=24454 ) and on the luxembourgish fan club of the 2 brothers there are some info about the event.

Worlds:As you all know,between a month and a half there will be the Worlds in Mendrisio. Luxembourg team is allowed to bring 9 riders at this race,but the president of the FSCL (Federation du Sport Cycliste Luxembourgeois),Jean Regenwetter,has said that,more probably,just 6 riders will take part in the Worlds Championship Road Race (see link: http://lequotidien.editpress.lu/les-sports/5013.html for more info).Regenwetter in fact said: "Just like last year,we're allowed to bring 9 riders at the Worlds.Last year I didn't want to take so many riders to that race,but eventually our team was formed by 9 men.This year I think we'll ride in 6.Of course there will be the Schleck brothers and Kim Kirchen.The other 3 riders may be Christian Poos,Laurent Didier and Jempy Drucker".
Last year the Luxembourg team was formed by the Schleck brothers,Kim Kirchen,Vincenzo Centrone,Laurent Didier,Jempy Drucker,Steve Fogen,Benoit Joachim,Christian Poos and Claude Wolter.
Talking about the Worlds,between the teams that will be allowed to have 9 riders there will be also USA and Norway,while Netherlands will have just 6 riders.
(pic by Serge Waldbillig)

2 commenti:

  1. How do you think the Italian media would react if Armstrong contests the Worlds?

    RispondiElimina
  2. I didn't know that Christian Poos goes to university.I hope he changes his mind as well, he ran a very good race at last year's Worlds.

    That's a hard question,miss Sansen.Italian media love Armstrong,but at the Worlds Italy may win and Armstrong would be just another dangerous adversaire,so I don't think they'll be very happy to hear about that.In fact,if Italy wins this year Worlds,it will be the first time that a nation wins the World road race for 4 times in a row and people from my country would like to achieve that record.

    RispondiElimina